Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    lxr-india2012.jpg
    At the India Open 2012. Scary picture! Hope she's ok. She needs a break and possibly some hydrotherapy...

2. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Wow. What happened? She didn't have any tape on her legs when playing in AE just 1 month ago. At least she can relax now because Nehwal lost today.

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    She is playing too tourney. And the internal training and competition is just crazy. Hope she takes it easy.

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    The speed she has around the court pays a price. She will have been training hard to get qualified and have the form she has had.

I guess after TC she will rest before another effort leading up to the games, either fpr playing or sparring the lucky wang.

5. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Her game today against JS shows she has incorporated the shots and skills that some of her Chinese teammates have developed themselves and transformed her into one of the most formidable player of all time right now..

The scariest part is she is still growing and learning to add new variety of strokes into her game...

6. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I agree. I read a newspaper yesterday. LXR said that frankly that she looked up to Lin dan as her model. Her move over the court, her agressiveness, her speed did look like Lin Dan's style. I think the most important thing that we learn about LXR yesterday's game is that her mental strength is strong. I am quite confident that she will cope well with the pressure from Olympics. I would take her for my olympics team if I were LYB.

7. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Whoever has the combination of Wang Shixian and Wang Xin's power and skills are able to match Li Xuerui but it's a 50-50 situation.

The only person at present who can take on Li Xuerui now is Wang Yihan because of her sheer determination that gives her the extra boost.

I want to see what this girl can do in Singapore/Indonesia against the hostile crowds.

8. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I also realised one weakness in Li Xuerui...I think by now most of players must have figured it out. Watch the points that she gave away are originated from her backhand clearance.

Her backhand clearance is not very consistent and she tends to put it wide..

Just my 2 cents..

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    You have got it correct. :D:D:D

Most players when executing a Backhand Clear finish up with trouble. This includes for ALL players, no matter how good they are.

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    firstly backhands take time to develop, generally younger players are not so strong here. Also because she is so quick she uses backhands less than others, so when she needs to use it it is generally for desparation. Others may be more relaxed when taking backhands so can hit a better shot when they do.

11. caklov

caklov Regular Member

LXR - wish you'll get to Olympics. That's just a fine margin of 1000 points between 3rd and 4th ranking spot but the recent tournaments proved who's the right person to go:). Guess LYB already figured out..

12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  13. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    He is really realistic about his goals in the Olympics...3 is at most China can aim for..

And yes the rules are not as simple as it gets...you must filed a report that one of the three Wangs is critically injured or not fit to compete in order for Li Xuerui to fill up the third spot..

This is the English direct translation:

Women's singles king instrument Wang YiHan, Wang Xin, Wang ShiXian and Li Xue Rui are to get the Olympic qualification and must choose which three of competition, Li Yongbo said: "We mainly see them in June in Southeast Asia, the Three Kingdoms game external record over the past year with the Chinese team the main rival of the record before the Olympic Games and the state, to choose a fair and impartial manner. "

I think as a substitute, he purely meant the Line-up in the Uber Cup. Now he must figure out a way to fake an injury of Wang Shixian/Wang Xin to let Li Xuerui play...IOC is not easily convinced i must say

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    good one.. :D

15. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I thought i was the lame one to come out with the Three Wang Kingdom bullsht...i guess LYB does have the same depiction of the current situation lol!!!..

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Can Li Xuerui create history by becoming the second Women singles player to win 3 back to back SS titles after the Olympics?

China Masters ....

17. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I dont think lyb has to give injury to one of the wangs to let lxr go.

He can freely pick between any of the qualified players qualified being 3 of the top 4

18. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    What LYB said :

Base of the Olympic regulation, if Chinese team submitted the #2, #3 and #4 which are WX, WSX and LXR and if one of them can't go because of injury, Chinese team will lose a spot (probably because a high ranking player can't replace a lower ranking player). If Chinese team submitted the #1, #2 and #3 which are WYH, WX and WSX and if one of them can't go because of injury, then the #4 can substitute.

He never said LXR is just a substitute.

#258 Qidong, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i think the article said "then LXR can substitute." Right?

20. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Though the choices are obvious to make, LYB wants to leave it till the end of the Uber Cup before reaching the decision..

He doesn't want to create disunity or tension within the team in the event China unexpectedly could not win the Uber Cup due to selection.