Jan O Jorgensen

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by TedTheFarmer, Oct 24, 2009.

1. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    chris??? which chris?

2. DairyRon

DairyRon Regular Member

Student
    next round he will against chen jin?

3. majyun

majyun Regular Member

LCW? For one, I dont think he is highly regarded(I am sure many, including Malaysians, feel that way as well) since he never win a major before. I will leave ctjcad to answer that for u.
    ctjcad :p

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haiya
    u say ss levelplayer mah;)

5. majyun

majyun Regular Member

I understand where you are coming from. Just to clarify...I am not the one that come out with super series level player definition, so I think it's best to leave it to the person who came out with that theory.

For more info the "definition" of on SS lvl players, feel free to look at: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1289382&postcount=106

Further readings:
    1) search for SS level players "articles" written by ctjcad in following this page:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77151&page=5
    2) Might be helpful to read others' opinions(followed the link above) on what SS players should be although it might cause some confusion with the original definition proposed by ctjcad.

P/S: That thread mentioned above was a fun read, haven't seen a thread like that which aroused my interest to read from post 1 till the end.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    coming from mas doesnt mean i support lcw lah;)

7. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

Joj !!!

JOJ just beat Chen Jin as well.His age is 22 years old and Chen Jin is 23 years old.I think JOJ will be just as good as Peter Gade in the long run if not better.Definitely a player worth taking note especially in the runup to London 2012.....Most probably will be Denmark's No 1 after Peter Gade retires.Joachim imo is not consistent and he hasn't really beaten Peter Gade convincingly in international competitions yet.It's also worth noting whether Lin Dan can stay free of injuries till London 2012 which will probably be his last Olympics.Lin Dan's style of play requires him to be at the top of his game continuously and consistently which he has demonstrated successfully since 2008 Olympics.However to maintain his form until 2012,I doubt that will happen.2010 will see mostly LD and LCW or TH winning most competitions,however ,2011 look out for JOJ,Chen Jin and some upcoming new china men's singles player.......hidden in the wings....Anyone feel free to leave some feedback...

8. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

Joj !!!

I think JOJ is a player to look out for in the future,same applies to Chen Jin.JOJ is 22 years old and Chen Jin is 23 years old.JOJ even beat Chen Jin today in China Masters.Watch out for him in the next Olympics 2012.I personally do not think Lin Dan can sustain his current form until the next Olympics because he might sustain injuries based on the exertions from the level of pressure facing him in the next 3 years.He might maintain this invincible form from now till 2010 but I just don't see him keeping this sort of form to 2011-2012.I guess Chen Jin and JOJ will be at their peaks in 3 years time so I would say this 2 years would be Lin Dan's prime.LCW, he is a good player,however he lacks the big competition mentality.Misbun Sidek should recommend him selecting his tournaments just like Lin Dan in order to prevent him from burntout especially after winning a tournament every player will analyze your game and set you as the benchmark.If you look carefully,Lin Dan has been really selective of his tournaments since winning the Beijing 2008.He competed at the All England,World Champs,French Open,China Open,Swiss Open.Feel free to comment.

9. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

I think JOJ is a player to look out for in the future,same applies to Chen Jin.JOJ is 22 years old and Chen Jin is 23 years old.JOJ even beat Chen Jin today in China Masters.Watch out for him in the next Olympics 2012.I personally do not think Lin Dan can sustain his current form until the next Olympics because he might sustain injuries based on the exertions from the level of pressure facing him in the next 3 years.He might maintain this invincible form from now till 2010 but I just don't see him keeping this sort of form to 2011-2012.I guess Chen Jin and JOJ will be at their peaks in 3 years time so I would say this 2 years would be Lin Dan's prime.LCW, he is a good player,however he lacks the big competition mentality.Misbun Sidek should recommend him selecting his tournaments just like Lin Dan in order to prevent him from burntout especially after winning a tournament every player will analyze your game and set you as the benchmark.If you look carefully,Lin Dan has been really selective of his tournaments since winning the Beijing 2008.He competed at the All England,World Champs,French Open,China Open,Swiss Open.Feel free to comment.

10. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    frankly speaking I saw JOJ played SS and CJ and I am not impressed. too many unforced errors and not cool enough. JOJ lucky to win over CJ. If CJ is fit no way JOJ could win. In the future CJ would be the chinese wall for him. Who knows JOJ might be another tommy sugiarto.
    If JOJ have trouble overcoming an injured CJ, today final LD would probably 'whitewash' him.

11. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I think that this is the battle of trying to get double digits rather than actually trying to topple lin dan. He has the good mentality that LCW needs, which is that he thinks that he always has the chance to win any fight. :p

12. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Are you sure about TH?

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    ms still belongs to lindan
    2nd is lcw
    it is hard to beat both of them and win any titles from the tournament they both participated:)
    u might found lcw is more easy to beat but not lindan;)

14. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    yeah Lin dan very good la
    but the other is ok la ...
    so can study from Lin DAn :rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..the term has already been slightly modified, in order to not cause any more uneasiness to a few of TH's supporters. It's now called Super Series Championship Level players.:cool:
    ..i'm waiting for our OTB to respond abt LinDan's case and chances for 2012 OG.:cool:;)

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

its very good for him already consider his age is still young at the age of 21;)

got to a super series event final and manage to get runner up:) and for sure i think he will get a great experience playing with Lin dan:)

17. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

do you know Hafiz? do you remember what he have adchieve at the age of 21? an AE champion!!

do you know what CJ has achieve so far at the age of 23?? AE and some SS champions and numerous SS finals, semifinals, etc...

what JOJ has achieved so far??? a SS final...

just watched his game this afternoon, just so so... good spirit, but raw technic... and already 22 years old...

so I don't think JOJ is at the same levels as CJ...

a win over LCW?? do you remember who beat LD at 2004 OG? Susilo... how he's doing now???

good luck JOJ... don't be blinded by those over-joyed fans and those over-rating...

18. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Wow...Chill here. No body here is saying that JOJ is better than Chen Jin. The poster above you merely states that he has the potential to make it big in the future. Most of us here are just giving our applause on his tremendous improvement recently.

It's fine for you to have a standard so high that a player needs to be an AE champion, World Champion and Olympic Champion by the age of 23 to be considered a good player. However, I will politely remind you to leave others to decide on what a good player should be.

I am not sure what made you so sore to the extent of judging JOJ as a mediocre player even though he made a long way to his first final in CO 2009. Anyway, just give this young lad a break and chill, alright?

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i look forward to seeing JOJ more in the future. however, from watching his match against CJ and LD, i am not convince that he will ever become the rank of Gade as a solid Danish challenger to the world badminton circuit. he might get to quarter and even semi-finals. but unlikely he will win any big ones when the top players are around.

20. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I share your opinion.

I think JOJ has the potential to reach the level of KJ. PG? No.