Post videos of yourself playing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GTAveteran, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

The blue lines!!! What do I win?

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D A free acid trip? This hall has lines for 6 sports! (not unusual in city-run multipurpose venues though) The light is dim as well, you can hardly see it (the blue lines) :rolleyes:.

#542 demolidor, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  3. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    the one in yellow

4. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    You seem to improve alot from the last video , might want to get yourself another practice partner to give you a more of a challenge on court. (thats the only way to improve match-play). Whenever you come up to manchester give us a shout !

5. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Since the first video, to get more practice (due to the long miss during the summer) i joined a club. There s a coach that runs the club and helps me with my game there.
    Thanks for the comment and the invite to play. if i ever go up to manchester, ill definately drop you a line. Trying to get more experience now playing more players in singles. i have another video against a better player on my account if you have time to check it out.

6. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    i see you being extra careful when picking up the shuttle with your new racket :) . Honestly , I have not seen anyone as good as you after only played for 1.3 years . It is amazing...you got to keep it up ,play with more players that will push you and keep practicing .. you might want to consider playing for your town/city team in a league

7. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    i hope to enter the Carlton orbitals next season in singles to see how i fair against others in competitive play. The person i am playing in the second video has been in the orbitals this season and i faired evenly against him :). With less smoking and proper training after my university year, i hope to be ready for the orbitals :)
    do you play county?
    With regards about the racket... definately ;), i want another one as back up as its really nice to use, however want to sell my z slash before so i dont end up with too many unused rackets. you know anyone wanting a z slash in perfect condition?lol

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

you want to see some skilled playing after about 1 year ? I will upload a video soon (in the next week)
    I have been playing for about 2 years but in the last year decided to take it seriously and entering tournaments, won my school championships in 2009 as well as coming 7th in a local tournament, played other tournaments to gather experience and then since October I have been soon well, got to the semis of a consolation event in a doubles competition then november won a team event, and then in December got to the quarter final of local champs and won a singles event.
    All in one year, beating some people who have been playing since they were 6 and expected to win, they all underestimate me and then they get a shock when they get beat:p
    Video to come

9. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Nice one bro ,good to here that you win son many tournys; dont want to say this , but the different in standard between the junior and senior level are huge especially in the UK. I think Babyface is going to enter the senior level !:D

10. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    staiger, did you get a chance to watch the other vid?

11. Monster

Monster Regular Member

Yes .m2ts format

You are right. How do I convert?

12. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Looks good! I think I have a few usefull tips for you.

at 2:01 you miss a netkill, which is partly just unlucky. But if you try and keep your body posture more upright you can kill it.
    I hope you see what I mean, you step/jump in for the kill, but your entire upperbody drops two inches in height. needed to make the kill.

For the rest, your strokes in the backcourt and forecourt are excellent, no tips from em on those ones.

As for your footwork, my only pointer would be to bend your knees a bit more when you stand ready. You seem very upright when you're at your base. However, that might just be because you don't have that much of a challenge;)

13. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    After summer you could be ready for the orbitals given your current rate of improvement, it's very impressive.

On a slightly different note. Has anyone else noticed a sudden improvement in the skill of new badminton players in the UK recently. 2 people at my club started 9 months ago and are already as good as I was after 2 1/2 years... Now I admit I'm not very sporty but even I've found myself improving more rapidly recently. This also seems to be the case with other people I've spoken to.

I wouldn't mind posting a video but the sports centre where I play seems to have a hatred of cameras, saying I had to get permission from everyone in the hall, despite the people on the near courts saying they didn't mind (I'd already asked) then when it was empty, said I had to get permission from the management, who conveniently never seem to be in... Yet they let other sports film with no problems whatsoever, ie team sports, guess they don't feel like standing up to 10 6ft footballers.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Okay..here it is..

..there are a few ways & programs you can convert the m2ts files to avi format.
    I'll give you the easiest and most painless way to do it. Yes, i've used it before. However, the program has a limited time of use. So, if you want to continue using it, you have to purchase it.

Go to the site below, download and install the program.
    ApecSoft M2TS to AVI MP4 DVD Converter 1.7.0
    http://apecsoft.com/

Once installed, you just import the m2ts file(s) and convert them. Should be pretty straight forward. You can play around w/the settings.

If you want a "free" version of programs to convert m2ts to AVI, there may not be much out there.

You can however try to convert the m2ts file to an MPEG4 format and upload them to youtube. A couple of "free" programs out there (that's what i heard) which you can try are:
    AviSynth & DGAVCDec

Good luck-:)

#554 ctjcad, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  15. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    yes , seen a bit of the other one, but they all seem like a walk-in-a-park for you , you need to push yourself and play against better players , preferably someone who have the weapons to get you in to a sticky situation. Search for local clubs within your area or look at your city/town badminton website and see if you can just practice or mix in with them . Trust me , once you start playing them players then your badminton will improve dramatically because you will be learning from your mistakes and learning new shots /tactics /court coverage etc... If I know you personally, I will force you to play to the highest level to see where your limits are , because you got the potential to be a great player .I been playing for about 7years , and I can already see you giving me a hack-of-a-game right now

p.s. I like the shirts BTW :D

16. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    My word, I did not spot that , you can be my coach anytime !

17. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Jerby, thanks for the tips :).
    Am most grateful.
    Watched a video of yours and you are amazing (Mr Tall ;))
    Hope you are well and having a great season.
    Will take account of the posture and lower stance when i play next!
    I find it quite a surprise that both you and Staiger say that i need better challenge.
    The guy that i play when im playing in yellow beat me when i first joined the club back in oct 09 and the one in the second video, when i play in the li ning gear joined the uk orbitals last year.
    To be honest, not to sound big headed, but i can feel myself improving quickly in the last half year or even since i started playing. Wish i started earlier tbh :(. Your words will help me build my game and confidence!(As now i am getting feedback from people worldwide)
    I will try and aim even higher! as the coach is giving me the chance to contact and play more experienced, county players.

Just want to say thanks for taking the time to watch and criticizing.
    Any more help in identifying my weaknesses will me most appreciated.

18. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    lol... only wished i found someone like you earlier to push me :)
    The coach i have now is slowly moving me up the ranks now to measure how far i can go.
    Thanks again

19. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Well, from the looks of it, the guy just can't put you under pressure in a rally. He seems more focussed on "getting the shuttle back" instead of "how can I win this rally?". Maybe it wasn't his best day, I can't tell. But you don't seem to get into too much trouble ;)

Good to hear you're still improving, it's a great feeling, isn't it? :p

Anyways, for fun, I uploaded a singles game of mine, I had to trim it down a bit (a lot of short rally's and drinks at 11-pt and set) it might be up here tomorrow.

20. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    i am just watching your international match up. looks exciting :) i do hope to get there one day. . .
    improving is great, however, i hope to get proper individual training after university to see where i go. i hope to go to a summer camp this summer... but am struggling to find a camp site lol
    with regards to the people i play... maybe i do need to over estimate players... i hope to play some better people soon and if i can i will record and listen to comments. :)