Klipper M140 Stringing Instruction

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by silentheart, Jun 6, 2007.

1. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Follow your string chart tide a starting knot and weave the first 2 scross strings. You can use any of the knots from the following web site.
    (Thanks to Keohi Tennis)
    http://www.keohi.com/tennis/misc/knots.htm
    Picture 19
    Tension the first 2 cross together and clamp the string.

Attached Files:

2. silentheart

Picture 20
    Weave and tension the rest of the cross strings. Tide off the cross with double hitch knot.

Attached Files:

3. silentheart

Please read other posts in this forum. If you are using a 2 point mounting machine, please use +10% (or +2 lb) tension for cross.

Thank you for all your feed back. I will pass it on to Klipper USA for any suggestion and future improvement.

4. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

what tension did you string this racket at? what is the max tension you suggest for a 2 point mounting system?

5. silentheart

For the racquet in the picture, I used 20X22 lb. I strung a friend's racquet (special request) at 25X27.5 lb. Depend on the clamp, I tested an oval racquet (an older non Yonex racquet) at 32 lb w/o initial breakage with Yonex clamp. However, I will say safe max tension is about 28 lb with Yonex or HiQua clamps

6. illusionistpro

i hear pre-stringing is popular. is it possible to use a pre-stringing method using this machine? by the way what rackets were you stringing at such tensions? (just for reference)

#26 illusionistpro, Jun 12, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Great job! :p

Myself using the similar method (minor modification during the start), and it's working well. One thing I want to metion is, I will say the safe range is 25lbs or below, as 28lbs is really depend on the racket condition to begin with. ;)

8. silentheart

Hi LB,
    I agree for most of the racquet in fair condition, the max should be 25lb cross. This is the starting method used in the their booklet. I will echo what LB said that a new or good condition racquet shoule be able to take 28lb on this Klipper M140 machine.

Hi Illusionistpro,
    The racquet in the picture is a new Cab21. The special request racquet was a Winpro (no name brand from Taiwan) and the 29X32 lb test was done on a Cab20ms and I still have that one in mint condition.
    Yes, you can prestring the main without any problem. You need to experiment to figure out the right length of main and rest of the the string are for cross.
    I just want to add one note, 10% over the max tension for any new racquet shoule not be a issue. Do not go over max recommended tension on your first 5 racquets because we consider you are a newbi.

I know Klipper does not like me to say the con of this machine. It is designed as a tennis machine with mod to fit badminton racquets. So the tensioning head is further than I like for a pure badminton machine.
    Also when you remove the racquet from the mount, put your finger in the center 2 mains to open the string wider so you can remove the racquet easily without damamge the strings.

This is a personal machine, you will be ok for 2~3 racquets 1 weekend afternoon (or morning if you are awake). Usually take me about 45min if I pre weave the string or ~50 min without.

9. illusionistpro

i think im sold, one last question regarding clamps. What clamps do you use and what do you reccomend?

10. silentheart

I use HiQua clamps (samples w/o paint) in this instruction. I like Yonex clamps for corss because they are smaller and clamp tighter for cross and fit in smaller gaps. You might have to file down some rough edges for Yonex clamps. Last time I spoke to Klipper, they are in process getting the same OEM version of HiQua clamp from Eagnas. Ask them if they switch over to the wide clamps yet.

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree.

2 HQ for mains, and 2 Yonex for crosses is way enough. 2 cheap Klipper ones could be emergency backup. Poor man's solution is to have 2 HQ for mains, and 1 Yonex and 1 HQ for crosses. Use the Yonex as the working side, and HQ on the non-working side. ;)

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Benefit for pre-string on a 2 point machine is minimal, especially if you are using 2 pieces string method per Yonex. You can only save several minutes (if done correctly), but have a much higher chance to screw up the string.

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's very hard to secure the wing nuts just by hands. Therefore, tools (i.e. piler) might be handy to help. However, as time goes, wing nuts could be damaged due to wear and tear. Therefore, get an extra set of wing nuts can save a lot of headache if one got damaged on the spot. ;)

14. silentheart

Totally agree, That is why I suggest a push in test to make sure the post is secured. You can just hand tight the wing nuts if you pushed in the top of the post and secured the wing nut.

15. Pani1997

Pani1997 Regular Member

work
    Hi
    Very good instructions and pictures Silentheart! Well done!

16. alan06

alan06 Regular Member

Thanks Silentheart for superb instruction. I just received my machine couple days ago along with 2 Hi-Qua flying clamps ordered separately. I will string my first racquet this weekend. One quick question, if I pre-string the main, do I need to use the starting pin that you made? Thanks!

17. silentheart

No, just use the Klipper's clamp and clamp the 2 center mains. pull 2 strings from A2. clamp A1 and A2. pull B1 on the other side. clamp the 2 center main near the throat. just keep going from there.

18. alan06

alan06 Regular Member

Also, I will string the racquet 4 knots method ( 2 strings). How long for the main and how long for the cross? I have an armortec 700 and nanospeed9K. Thanks and you have been very helpful in aiding us beginners. :)

19. silentheart

a pack of yonex string is 10 m or 33 feet. usually i use 18 feet for main and 15 feet for cross. do a search on using door knob to prestrech the string and measure length for main and cross. Also do a search on how to use dental floss (not for your teeth).

Please use an old steel racquet to practice on your first stringing job.

#39 silentheart, Jun 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  20. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Master SH, I didn't know you are into S&M with baddie string :D.