Pics of my new Yonex MP100

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Optiblue, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    3U G4 :p
    Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Optiblue, Nov 9, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2005
  2. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Nice, relly good condition, just one question, was it preowned? New grip, and on the cone, says your SP racquet was made in year 2000.

3. ethelstan

ethelstan Regular Member

Dear OptiBlue

The item your just received - is absolutely, fake- like mine (no doubt). Please check on my thread (Yonex NanoSpeed 8000)

I just received it today. PBSI sign imply for PERSATUAN BULU TANGKIS SELURUH INDONESIA (Which is union for Indonesian badminton) also visible on my racquet. Please note that all Indonesian racquet (counterfeit or not) are all marked by this, and this is only prevalent in Indonesian market.

Notice that there are SP sign which appear on mine too (So far, I doubt if we have NanoSpeed 8000 SP).

I Have contacted my seller and hopefully this dispute could be resolved...

*Although your racket might seems to be having high quality (as of mine), the serial inconsistency (which never occurr in Yonex authentic racket), along with PBSI sign, and "SP" on the shaft - could be a very good and obvious indication that the racquet is not authentic.

4. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

ehehe

well

they giveaway that it's fake to me is that

first,

serial number not engraved

second,

the sticker for 3U 18-22lbs thingy is not yonex design

similar but not yonex racket, like different font and stuff

but anyway

if you bought it cheap like what my brother did ( he got for US$25 ) then you probably got your money worth coz for that price it's very very good racket

but if you bought it like original price ( around US$110 for SP version ) then you got ripped off

peace :)

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Fake rackets could be broken within few hours. Even if you spent only $20 for it, hey, you still wasted that $20 if it's broken in a day of use.

PS: Don't ask me what you can do with that little $20. I can eat good sushi with it!! :p

6. Midget_Boy

Student
    That doesn't absolutely mean it's fake. I have an identical MP-100SP, which I bought in Hong Kong 4 months ago, and it is legit. Only differences between his and mine is that mine is 3UG5, mine was made in 2005, and has original grip. I purchased by MP-100 from a store from a big sporting chain store(Wan Kee) in Hong Kong which has been around for more than 10 years, and it sells legitimate SP racquets.

I'm not the best at spoting fakes, but from a quick glance, it is real (nevermind, looking at the crooked SP on shaft, lol), or the best fake I've seen. MP-100 was first released in 2000 (which means yours was made January 10th, 2000, lucky you, a first edition MP-100, ;) . Though his was originally, or intended to be distributed to Singapore, as depicted on the cone, mine is almost identical, apart from grip size, and that mine was distributed to HK.

The SP graphic on the shaft means Yonex racquets distributed to the South Pacific cities, which include Singapore and Hong Kong, and some other cities, forgot, I recall Indonesia is one also. Though not many are absolutely sure why they put SP on the shaft, a good guess is that since badminton is such a popular sport in South Pacific areas, Yonex decided to put SP on racquets destined to be shipped there, in mass quantities.

PBSI logo, while yes, it is the Union for Indonesia, Singapore and Indonesia are very close, ;) , and makes sense that the PBSI logo is on both places, as well as all SP racquets, including Hong Kong (as I have the logo on mine too). PBSI logo does not always mean that that racquet is fake, though many cheap imitations are made in SP areas, which is probably why fakes share the logo. However, if PBSI was not Yonex approved, do you think Yonex would print their Logo on real racquets also?

#6 Midget_Boy, Nov 9, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2005
  7. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    I got it 2nd hand yes, and the serials are engraved and not painted on... I visually checked it before I purchased it and it's didn't think you guys would think it's fake! But yeah, the only thing that throws me off is that date thing~~ My other CD racquet's 3U G4 sticker is of the same design~ so I dunno about that~

I'm pretty sure that the PSBI stamp is on all the yonex racquets from singapore distribution and it doesn't mean that the racquet is fake~~ any other observations?

8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I would put a big question mark on this racket's authencity due to:
    1. PBSI logo is too big in size
    2. weight sticker in slim font
    3. cannot see the serial numbers clearly (please use flash or turn on the light)

9. Midget_Boy

Student
    If through much proven evidence, that your MP-100 is real, cherish it well, a first edition MP-100 in such condition is hard to find these days, it's like an antique, :D . Also, many say the first batch of MP-100 were the strongest, and sturdiest.

10. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    It looks real to me.

11. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    font on the grip and weight look slim to me

maybe abit out of focus, the print look poor on the font too

and, does your racket comes with the black stripes on the bottom of your frame? at around 4 and 8 o'clock

do you have other racket? maybe compare its length?
    bend it lightly and see if its stiff enough(don't break it...)

if your racket is fake, it got to be one of the best fake out there, at least in cosmetic terms as thats what we can see :)

and oh... mp100's ti mesh only cover 2.5holes?

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think so too.
    this fake mp100 is prolly the best fake i've seen.

why it is fake? real 3u is rated for 18-20 lbs

13. It'sMeMeMe

you sure the serials are engraved ?

because from the pictures

it sure looks like it is not

also, the 3U 18-22 lbs sticker is still wrong it's not yonex original sticker

and btw

when i accompany my brother to buy the racket at his favorite shop for his birthday,

the store owner showed us 6 grades of fake MP100 + the original one

i identify from the lowest grade fake to the highest grade of fake and compare them to the original

although it's true that i can't inspect the racket by my hand and my eyes closely

i'm 99% sure that your racket is fake

if the serial is indeed engraved then i would probably still say you got the fake one, coz of the sticker.....

no offense, but it's simply because i won't be surprised if the high-grade fakes now have engraved serials...

peace...

14. It'sMeMeMe

yea and i forgot to mention some things

the 25 us dollar, we bought the fake no.4

a.k.a. there were 2 more fake rackets better than the one my brother bought

and the thing is

this happened 3 years ago, and the racket is still being used by him...

and he had chance to compare it to his coach original mp100

and guess what

he couldn't find difference in performance

lol

well i'm not suggesting you guys to buy fakes but oh well

in my brother case.. the money was well worth it

15. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    The sticker seems to be fake, numbers look engraved, seemed to have been produced Oct. 1, 2000, NOT Jan, 10, 2005.

16. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
  17. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    A few more pictures: If anyone is wondering, the story is that it was purchased back in HK awhile ago and was then sold to a friend, then to me. The quality on it was so real as I was inspecting it and if it is indeed a fake, it's gotta be the best damn fake ever made... it should cost them more to make this than to just buy a real one damn it LOL... I paid $$$ for it, and didn't e-bay it :( Let me know if you guys are absolutely sure it's fake and not on the fence.

100% engraved
    [​IMG]

Right is my 100% real Cab20ms (I see what you guys are talking about the thin thing now), and left is my MP100.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    This is a fake racket as the shaft serials starts with 4xxxxxx, but cone is not in the date range that it should be.

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Optiblue,

your are right. some claims by ethelstan are incorrect. and they don't prove that your racket is a fake.

*however*, despite so, there are other clues that seems to indicate they are fake. the font in the handle cap, the font on the cone, and the production date. they are very subtle but as cooler says, this will be a very good fake if it indeed is one.

bluejeff, cooler and a few others in the forum are knowledgeable and trustable when it comes to fake identification.

if you can help us, can you tell us a couple of things which may aid us in identifying the racket's authenticity?

- source - where did you buy it? where did the original owner buy it? when?
    - metal detection - do you happen to own or able to borrow a metal detector? you know, the ones they used to find wires and studs in drywalls. if so, try to see if you can find traces of metal at the T-joint area.

thanks.

20. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

For some reason I'm thinking that it's real due to the ti on the racquet. You can see the lil groove going from red down to the ti mesh. You don't see those on fakes, they're usually just painted on.