foot hurting ..

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by allanQ, Mar 3, 2009.

1. allanQ

allanQ Regular Member

logistics
    hi guys and gals ..
    i am using some low end YY shoes @ world champion 30 (cost me around RM70) .. i think
    all this while during my years of badminton (more than 20) i have no probs with shoes of this range .. but lately the ball of my foot/feet hurts
    issit normal ?? heres a pic of my inner sole showing where the most pressure from my foot/feet goes to ..

[​IMG]

if u guys are having the same prob .. besides buying a new pair of really expensive shoes with good cushioning ... any other alternatives ??

i am thinking of getting a pair of GOOD NEW INNER SOLE ... then cutting off just the front half/part and putting it in ...

i do no have problems with my heels coz i use those thick silicon supports in my shoes .. but thats just for the heels though :p

or maybe my footwork is all wrong ??

#1 allanQ, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. what07

what07 Regular Member

I got those holes on my orthotics inserts last year which I put into my shoe. It shows where you put pressure and I went to get a new insert that they modified and my feet never hurt in that spot agian. Before I would get blisters alot there and as the hole got deeper the blisters got bigger.

3. allanQ

allanQ Regular Member

logistics
    hi what07 ... care to share what kind of mods they did for u ??
    my last pair of shoes went rite thru to the insides of the shoes and to the soles :(

4. what07

what07 Regular Member

Well since I have flat feet every year or so I go to my doctor and get a prescription for orthodtics where they would make a cast of your feet kinda like braces to make you feet into the shape. They would then make a sole of that print for right and left foot and you would jsut put it into any shoe you wore. In this case I put them in my yonex SHB-57. Dunno what it's made of but it's really strong compare to the last one which got eaten away by all that running and sweat. $200 for just the soles.

5. allanQ

allanQ Regular Member

logistics
    WOW ... $200 ???
    ok .. i will try the idea of mine of putting in extra half an inner sole 1st then :p
    thanks

6. allanQ

allanQ Regular Member

logistics
    ok .. i put in another inner sole .. the thinner type but soft and rubbery almost silicon feel type .. was playing for 2 hours last nite without foot feel painful or uncomfortable
    costs .. rm15 :p

7. eltonchay

eltonchay New Member

i'm having the same problem too..k to tell where u got the inner sole?
    btw

8. eltonchay

eltonchay New Member

i'm having the same problem too..k to tell where u got the inner sole?
    btw i'm from malaysia too. :)

9. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

Also, try wearing two socks. I used to get blisters but I started to wear two pairs of socks and it was solved. But that didn't solve the shoe stinking problem. lol

10. CHOcobo

CHOcobo Regular Member

pay off school
    foot pain is not normal. our feet need to be treated well if you want it to function normal. wear athletic socks, because they're thicker and nicer than your average socks. rest your feet when you're not standing by taking off your shoes. your feet recover well slowly on minor pain when you're not wearing anything. wear good insoles. tighten your shoes up well so your socks don't rub against your insoles. google and learn a lot about foot pain treatments and insoles/shoes. they will help a lot. take their advices as it will help you prevent foot pain as you get older. foot pain is no joke.

11. allanQ

allanQ Regular Member

logistics
    i got my inner sole from the local sport shop that i go to .. its in klang .. hahaha
    but i think u guys (the ones that require it) can get this inner sole from any sport shop ... just get the thin type .. apprx 3mm ... not the thick type coz then your feet will be cramped inside the shoe .. :p
    1st take out your ori inner sole that came with the shoe ... then put the thin one in and then replace your ori one back on top ... thats what i did

12. allanQ

allanQ Regular Member

logistics
    thanks for the advice .. this might be a good one to read for those with similar probs .. http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec05/ch072/ch072b.html
    the last para does advise wearing thick soles and low heels ... i am basically increasing the cushion effect of my inner soles with low budget :)

13. allanQ

allanQ Regular Member

logistics
    updates ...
    the inner sole i had in my shoes helped relieve alot of the pressure ... but the previous pain was still bugging me ... i wear slippers at home now to prevent from stepping on hard ground in order to help healing of previous pain
    found another inner sole which was 100% full silicon from toe to heel .. there are 2 versions one costing around rm100 and another rm200
    ordered it already and should be arriving early next month .. will update after i get it :p

14. allanQ

allanQ Regular Member

logistics
    got my NEW SILICONE inner soles ... tested them out yesterday .. 5 x 15points game
    they are SUPERB !!!
    my game has improved quite a fair bit without the discomfort/pain bothering me .. the discomfort of the after game effect seemed to have "disappeared" too
    will post pics soon ...

15. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    hi Allan,
    is it look like this?
    btw, why your insole is more expensive than your shoe? for a budget of RM100-200, no need go for yonex. apacs, victor etc... will be good.

Attached Files:

• T01.JPG
      T01.JPG
      File size:
      191.6 KB
      Views:
  16. sportsdoc

sportsdoc Regular Member

Sports Physician
    Sounds like what we call metatarsalgia. You need to have your feet checked so that you could take off part of the load from the ball of your feet by getting proper orthotics. Once you have them fitted in, they should last you at least 6 months to a year depending on the nature of play and hours of play.

17. allanQ

allanQ Regular Member

logistics
    yeah ... thats the one .. hahahaha
    why my insole more expensive ??
    i believe its whats within that counts ... appearance is nothing without essence :p

btw .. i did ask about ASICS GEL DOMAIN which has been given thumbs up by dinkalot .. apparently it will cost rm499 IF it is brought into malaysia which ASICS malaysia did not bring in due to high price and they are not expecting it to sell here :p

18. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    appearance?
    sorry if i make gals get :mad:. gals are mostly buying things that look good and dont care much about performance. as for appearance, it is the least matter. the more important are traction, support, comfort. your shoe may looks gorgeous but lack of grip and support. i am not going to buy a handsome car without good tyre and suspension.

asics top range selling at RM400++ will not be a good marketing goods in MAS. we dont have that much of consumer preferring asics. at RM400, the choice is quite clear, go for yonex that design shoe for badminton at RM300++.

19. allanQ

allanQ Regular Member

logistics
    drifit ... u go to AJ so often one meh ?? they get new stock in oso u know ?? hahahaa
    ya ... most malaysian not willing to pay for rm400+ pair of shoes unless reebok or something ... furthermore ASICS is not a popular brand here

most of my badminton shoes tear at the left inner side (when u stretch for shots dragging your left foot) way long before the bottom soles or any other part ever get worn out so no point for me to get expensive shoes oso unless its not for badminton .. hahahaa :p

20. jensen9173

jensen9173 Regular Member

Asics shoes is much more durable then yonex shoes. But hardly find the shop in ipoh and penang. Well in Quensbaymall got 1 Asics shop and selling only Asics brand. You can find good badminton and running shoes there. RM200+ will be nice and double gel. I can see a lot of players choose Asics now and no doubt the quality is better.:D