Baddy Players in Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Middle East & South Asia' started by alvinlai, Feb 22, 2010.

1. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Hiya, I have been searching for a while even whilst I am here in Abu Dhabi.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find any clubs to play in, though the ICS just organised a baddy tournament recently, which I missed.

Now, are there any baddy players out there in Abu Dhabi willing to take me? I am a decent player, rather competitive by nature. Hence I would appreciate a good game somewhere.

Anyone out there willing to give me some pointers? I will be based in Abu Dhabi for quite some time.

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    courts in ad are few and far between... if u really keen I have some contacts but mostly in Dubai...

3. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Alvin...how is your life going without badminton in ABU DHABI????I can't image what will happen with you....or maybe you have to bring a PS3 to play badminton game in TV...hhehehhe//

4. jayescueta

jayescueta New Member

GSEO
    Auh

Hi Alvin,,, do you have any goodnews about badminton here in Abu dhabi?? Im also a baddict from Philippines... I want to continue playing here in UAE... Tnx!!

5. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Hiya, well nothing much happening yet as far as I can see. The only place I found so far is in Khalifa City A/Raha Beach. You can find out more at DUplay.com/AbuDhabi.

6. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Pity guys..... .

7. abie88

abie88 Regular Member

There's no hope playing baddie here in abu dhabi. I'm trying to contact wow pinoy badminton club since they play every friday in dubai. I'm thinking of going to dubai every weekend just to play. If you get lucky with finding indoor courts here that is open for everybody please let me know... Thanks! :)

8. abie88

abie88 Regular Member

9. jauxler29

jauxler29 New Member

im interested in playing badminton here in abu dhabi in khalifa A....

please contact on my mobile no.050 2783803...

10. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    ABA Cup open badminton begins today

Over 160 players vie for honours in seven categories in tournament hosted by Etisalat Academy sports club
    • Staff Report
    • Published: 00:00 April 23, 2010
    • [​IMG]
    Dubai: The ABA Cup UAE Open Badminton tournament will commence from today at Muhaisana Etisalat Academy Sports and Leisure Club.
    "One hundred and sixty seven players will be competing in seven different categories. This is the first time that Etisalat Academy is hosting a tournament of such magnitude," remarked General Manager David Brennan.
    The seven categories for the event are: men's singles, veteran doubles and singles (over 45), boys 12 to 16, boys singles (under 12), mixed doubles and men's doubles.
    "The tournament will conclude on May 1 and the final will be played in the presence of Indian badminton star Sania Nehwal," said R. Geetalaxmi, CEO of ABA.
    "On Fridays the matches will be held from 9am till 9pm and on other days the matches will be held from 7.30pm to 10.30pm. The winners will receive cash awards of Dh2,000 and Dh 1,000.

11. pyyong1

pyyong1 Regular Member

Malaysian Abu Dhabi Badminton Social Club

Hi Alvin,

If you are a Malaysian and wish to play badminton in the Abu Dhabi city with fellow Malaysian, please email me (pyyong1@gmail.com) your full name, email and phone number. I will place you in the waiting list and if there is any player leaving the club, we will email you and inform you according. Priority will be given to Malaysian.

Cheers.

Yong

12. MdFauzan

MdFauzan Regular Member

Architect
    Hi yong..I'm fauzan a fellow malaysian just arrived here last week. Hoping could join you guys if the group is still active.
    I've mailed you my contact details. Looking forward for your response.

13. pyyong1

pyyong1 Regular Member

Fauzan, the club is still active and I already list you in the waiting list.

Hope to see you in future.

14. pyyong1

pyyong1 Regular Member

Hi all, to other nationality who wish to join MADBSC, please again email me your full name, and phone number. Please note that priority will be given to fellow Malaysian and if we are running out of Malaysian Players, we'll recruit other nationality. Currently, we have members from Thailand, Australia, France, India and Philipines.

Cheers!

Regards,

Yong