Accomodation in KL for the WC 2007

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by Ramakristan, May 15, 2007.

1. Ramakristan

Ramakristan Regular Member

Sole proprietor
    Hi Guys,
    Ants has been a great help getting tickets for you guys out there from outstation and overseas.
    For me, thought I help out by recommending you all a good, clean and reasonable accomodation which is only a 5 mins walk from LRT station and about 20 mins to reach LRT, Bt Jalil station.
    For your information, I do not get commision or benefit from helping, just doing my part to help out coz I am a badminton fan freak myself, lol.
    This place is not a hotel but a suite with 1 or 2 rooms and if not mistaken, it even come with breakfast throw in as well.
    WEb site : http://www.pinganchorage.com.my/malaysia_hotel/kuala_lumpur_seri_cempaka_service_suites.htm
    You can book directly or you can check with me for a cheaper rate than the one listed.
    How come, the catch is I check thru an agent who gave me a better rate. I recommended to my S'pore cousins and family when they visited me and they were so happy for this well worth accomodation which is a just a 5 mins walk to Jaya Jusco shopping mall and to city as well.
    If you guys out there interested, I am too happy to help along to find accmodation.
    Cheers,
    chris tan

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    That is a great recommendation. But i think there are few hotels situated near the Stadium like PEarl Point Hotel and Sri Petaling Hotel. However i don't know the rates. Based on the website for the suite.. its a good price.

3. Ramakristan

Sole proprietor
    Reasonable and good

Hi ants,
    I have seen the place and been inside the suite, it is very clean and a good view from above. If you come with about 6 to 8 persons, go for the 2 rooms suite, the sofa in the suite is also a bed as well.
    Place is like a hotel and just a 5 mins walk to the LRT station.
    Wait a minute, I think I have some pictures of the place, maybe I post the pictures later.
    I believe there are a few hotels at Sri Petaling but a quite far walking distance from the Bt Jalil LRT station.
    If anyone interested, please go to the web site posted or can get in touch with me here or my personal email, foilmad@streamyx.com
    I am to happy to help out.
    Cheers,
    chris

4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    ants, how faraway is it from the stadium then? thanks in advance.;)

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Actually the place you recomend is good. Its near to the City Center as well just in case pll want to go shopping. :) The other hotels near the Stadium does have malls. But not much variety. They are like 5mins Cab ride to the stadium. But for Pearl Point Hotel is 10-15mins Cab ride to Stadium.

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Another hotel is Mines Hotel. But its expensive.

7. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Actually, there are lots of places you can stay in KL which are near LRT stations. If you are not particular about quality, then it is very easy. Just find a room when you get to KL.

I would recommend accomodation near LRT stations rather than near the stadium unless you fancy some walking. Even the nearest hotel (Hotel Seri Petaling) may be a 30-minute walk from the stadium. And from what I heard, the hotel is usually fully booked.

8. Ramakristan

Sole proprietor
    I am very sure those who go for the World Championship at Bt Jalil want to stay as near as possible to LRT station, what about shoppings and your trip won't really be complete unless you go to Low Yat Plaza good bargain for Pc softwares and hardwares, all the stuffs under 1 roof and it is just next to Sg Wang Plaza another good shopping bargains mall, lol.

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Seri Petaling Hotel

These are the pics of the Seri Petaling Hotel. Which i think would be the NEAREST to the Stadium Bukit Jalil. Cost of Taxi would be around RM3 - RM3.50 from the Hotel to the Stadium which will take you around 5Mins. Walking distance would be around 1KM or 15mins walk. Outside this hotel does have cheap food stores, Mamak food etc. And you would probably bumb into our Malaysian players eating there.

The Downside is that this hotel is not near the KL Center if you wish to do shopping. However you can still take a LRT from the Stadium to the City center.

1st Picture is the Superior room ( cheapest ) RM276.00++
    Promo Rate Now is RM 128Nett
    2nd Picture is Junior Suite - RM598.00++ Promo Rate now is RM228Nett
    3rd Picture is Executive Suite ( Most Expensive )- RM 759.00++ Promo Rate now is RM438Nett

4th Picture is the Map of the Hotel and you can see also a small box which indicate the stadium area.

For more details you can check this website. If you wish, you can book the rooms online too. http://www.asiapacific.com.my/hotelsripetaling/corporateinfo.html

Attached Files:

#9 ants, May 20, 2007
    Last edited: May 20, 2007
  10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Thanks for the pics and infos..^^

..ants..Hmm, looks like, by looking at the map, the hotel is conveniently located near the stadium; but i have a feeling the rooms will probably fill up quite rapidly as the WC dates near..Hmm, 15 min. walk is not too bad lah; good exercise by going back and forth..:p:):cool:
    Hmm, i think a taxi or LRT will definitely be needed for the shopping activities as there will be some stuff which will be carried along..Unless, if one wants to exercise & lose even more weight..hehe:p:D;)

11. smashmouth

smashmouth Regular Member

banker
    How do i get to the stadium from the radius international hotel?

12. Ramakristan

Sole proprietor
    Hi smashmouth,
    The hotel you are planning to stay is in the golden triangle shopping area ( Bukit Bintang), walking distance to the Monorail, just in front of the Sg Wang Plaza, take the Monorail and get off at Hang Tuah Station, change to LRT train to Seri Petaling Station where you get off, just a 5 mins walk to the Bt Jalil Stadium.
    Happy to know you are coming for the World Championship.
    Cheers,
    chris

13. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

Wei wei wei, don't get down at Seri Petaling, that's the last station, get down at Bukit Jalil Station (2nd last station, the one before Seri Petaling)... it's 5 minutes walk to Putra Station where WC is held. If you get off at Seri Petaling Station, gosh... you might need to double back.

14. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

Putra Station = PUTRA Stadium... sorry yah, typo error. :D

15. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

Hi Ants, would you know the official hotel of the World Championship players?
    Thanks.:)

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Any budget hotels that you cna recommend? I may go also

17. Ramakristan

Sole proprietor
    Oooops, you are right, don't get off at Seri Petaling Station but Bt Jalil Station, I thought SP station is the one getting off, anyway even miss it never mind, still can always turn back and drop off at BJ Station, no charge.
    Cheers.
    chris

18. smashmouth

banker
    Thank you Ramakristan and Misty100. Its nice to know that KL has a very good train system.

19. Ramakristan

Sole proprietor
  20. smashmouth

banker

Thanks again for your help. I'm taking a bundled package from the travel agency so not sure if the hotel that you're suggesting is possible.

Just wanna ask how long is the travel time to and from Radius Hotel to Bukit Jalil, if we take the monorail and LRT?