French Open SS 2008 - Finals (Sunday November 2)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008' started by chris-ccc, Nov 1, 2008.

1. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

It takes sometimes though to believe that TH is the real "President" in the badminton world nowadays, even for me, one of his fans :D, but i think he can prevail this time with another title after Macau Open, his first SS title this year, GO TH !! INDONESIA BISA!

2. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

U r too much pal..aint know anything about Indonesia, do u? :cool: yes, we're still 3rd world country, but we have more potential, and now we have our awakening spirit..once we discover best good governance practice, u'll find different Indonesia.. no other than one of Giants in the worlds..u wait dude..just wait and see.. sit back and relax :cool:

3. smashingmark

smashingmark Regular Member

HH u said it right. Taufik has found his LOVE for the game and its fantastic to see him playing the way he played againts LCW. I think the badminton world has missed his style and class he has shown us earlier in his career. Its good to see the most natural player back to his old winning ways.

He did not only win, but he has shown the french people and the people of the world that "He's Back!". Lin Dan has to be worried that his main rival is back in form. You could see in the semi's that Taufik Hidaya was 1 class above the world no.1. Thats sad to see as this is the second time he has beaten LCW in as many meetings.

Ciao da mao
    smashingmark loves this badminton forum and wordpress!

4. Kuan Ye

Kuan Ye Regular Member

what time would be the match between taufik and PG ya?

5. igmroey

igmroey Regular Member

Fk*ing awesome match TH vs LCW. I never laughed and tensed for so long. LCW's face in 3rd match looked like WCH in the WC ( when he faced XXZ) .
    To Those who didn't WATCH D MATCH.... omg u guys missed it =D
    FRIGGIN AWESOME~~ TH~~ Woohoo
    Long Lives Taufik.
    -Although.... nt sure whether TH can beat Gade =D but HOPEFULLY. even when both of them are my fav players =D -

6. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    It's has been long time not to see TH against. PG. When did they last encounter?
    For MD, i hope MK/HS can take it. They have already beat 3 chinese pairs in their 3 last consecutive finals. Hope they make it 4. Coz they may withdraw from china & hongkong SS, to join indonesian superleague..

7. skyblue

skyblue Regular Member

The H2H between MAS WD and Du/Yu is 1-3.MAS onli win in 2005 German Open.Last meeting was at Singapore and China win 24-22 21-19 after MAS losing some of the gp.

8. Seasider

Seasider Regular Member

IT
    A stupid comment got responded by another stupid comment like this one is not worth of reading. Why don't you people just give comments about badminton and badminton only?? I'm tired of hearing the arguments about who's country or culture is better or worst than the others.

9. racket1881

racket1881 New Member

Engineer
    Be careful buddy, no matter what you represent Indonesian in this forum. And your comment like that is completely impolite to our neighbour. Yeah we have problems with their politics, but it's sport forum. We should give more respect with people like Lee Chong Wei, KKK/TBH for their passion in this sport.

No one force you to like or dislike any guy. But with this immature comment, I can sense the immatureness of you.

Hell, this is my first post in this forum ever. Greeting to geoge@chongwei, Limsy, Jagdpanther for their luvly posting.

10. Heong

Heong Regular Member

My prediction:

49% Taufik.Hidayat.[7] vs 51% Peter.Gade.[8]
    55% Xingfang.Xie.[2] vs 45% Lin.Wang
    60% M.Kido/H.Setiawan.[1] vs 40% Yun.Cai/Chen.Xu.[6]
    65% Jing.Du/Yang.Yu.[1] vs 35% E.H.Chin/P.T.Wong.[4]
    55% Hanbin.He/Yang.Yu.[2] vs 45% A.Clark/D.Kellogg.[4]

11. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    MATCHES TONIGHT STILL START AT 8pm (MALAYSIA AND CHINA TIME) .. 7pm (INDONESIA TIME).... FOR MALAYSIAN VIEWERS, Catch it live on astro superpsport (Channel 811) tonight....support what you have vote in your paw...

12. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    ho..ho taufik is back to love playing badminton again.... :) his motivation to win is back

13. lin_xingfang

lin_xingfang Regular Member

College Student
    He Hanbin/Yu Yang (CHN) vs Anthony Clark/Donna Kellog (ENG) : 60%-40%

Xie Xingfang (CHN) vs Wang Lin (CHN) : 60%-40%

Peter Gade (DEN) vs Taufik Hidayat (INA) : 49%-51%

Du Jing/Yu Yang (CHN) vs Wong Pei Tty/Chin Eei Hui (MAS) : 60%-40%

Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan (INA) vs Cai Yun/Xu Chen (CHN) : 65%-35%

14. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Can someone remind me the last time PG and TH played against each other?
    quite a while I presume..

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What a terrific outcome from the MS SF!!! TH, the limited-effort champion,has finally realised he has to maximise effort to become a champion again.
    The last time he met PG was probably in SPO06? The beginning was awesome as TH showed full commitment but PG played flawless and had the upper hand.It was marred by a silly umpire who refused to let TH change shuttles even with PG's ok.TH argued with the umpire over that matter, burning up his energy the wrong way instead of using it on PG and lost quickly after.As for the shuttle issue,I was thinking 'Did Yonex instruct umpires to limit shuttle change?' If Yonex did, then Yonex was cheap. If Yonex didn't , then the umpire made Yonex look cheap.The umpire messed up the match and that's not supposed to be in his job specs.
    Well, TH has played 4 3-game matches so his stamina must have improved tremendously.If he can do 4, why not 5?
    PG is into his second consecutive SS final and his stamina proves that at 32,he's still formidable as long as he puts in the hard work to enable his silky weapons and tactics.
    Will the clash be a one-hour thriller?With crowd support to energise both, why not? I hope the crowd will be smart like the US Open(tennis) one.They often cheer the one that's trailing so the players take turns to get inspired.This way, the match gets better while longer and that's how to get the money's worth.
    In any case, PG threw his racket to the crowd yesterday,so whether he wins today or not,in his mind, he's already won.I believe PG will be just as happy for TH should TH win.
    This MS final is gonna be a match fuelled by determination so it better be scintillating.

16. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I'm surprised that people who never talk about badmnton but only show hatred towards certain country still not banned. Grow up or leave the forum.

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Don't be surprised..

..to see our Hau-ge come strolling down the aisle and jump into the players area to give a congratulatory gesture to any winners from INA..:cool:

18. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    these are the kinds of people we want banned from BC

19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Guys, can we get on with the predictions, please?

Let moderators handle the comments outside the spirit of this forum. Frankly, to me it is easier to ignore and not to be pulled to arguments ..... :)

We have very good INA friends in and out of this forum and should not have our relationship strained because of one comment. Democratic right or not.

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I would like to hear Hau-ge's comments on Nova/Lily's spectacular collapse in the semifinals. Surely this is not just about difficulty in playing against the European style of XD.