French Open SS 2008 - Finals (Sunday November 2)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008' started by chris-ccc, Nov 1, 2008.

1. chemile

chemile Regular Member

I think LCW's case almost same with Nova/Lilyana's case. After failed in OG, they all never get the title, eventough they go to Final. The under pressure from themselves sometimes become negative effect for their performance. I hope all of them may fix as soon...

2. victory

victory Regular Member

The existance of lousy character like d65up2 is an insult to this forum. For those of us that have seen his remarks for sometime, we know this person bring down the overall quality of this forum. Exactly as Robin has said, this guy doesn't come in here to talk about badminton, he talks hatre, which is not the purpose of this forum. Even some Indonesian supporters realized they have an idiotic comrade in this forum. I suspect they won't feel proud about that too. For I know a lot of Indonesian forumers come in here with an aim to bring the best out of the sport. They have competitive spirit but they also embrace friendship.

I totally agree that d65up2 should be banned from this forum. In fact in my opinion, this should have been done long time ago.

I wonder why kwun and moderators turn a blind eye to this brainless, insensitive moron. They have been tolerated him and now many find that this is way too much.

I urge forumers write to kwun and moderators and highlight to them the need to ban d65up2 for the good of the forum. I will do that and I urge all of you to do that.

I urge kwun and moderators act instantly.

3. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    My Predictions

Women's Singles
    Xie Xingfang
    over Wang Lin

The game between XXF and TR last night was probably one of the most awful ones between 2 top players. Mistakes upon mistakes littered against the backdrop of some brilliant attacking moves. XXF made less errors and therefore took it home.

Against Wang Lin though, XXF will return to her original uncompromising self. Since she is now the team's WS leader, XXF will give WL a true test in top badminton.

Men's Singles
    Taufik Hidayat
    over Peter Gade

A long drawn battle is expected between the men's singles badminton genius, against the former world no 1 with the best energy management and footwork. Difficult to predict, but based on newfound hunger, Taufik will want to etch his name as a Super Series winner. Gade however, will enjoy the European crowd support.

Mixed Doubles
    He Hanbin/Yu Yang
    over Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg

The title is practically in the bag for this top CHN XD pair. They rarely have problems encountering European opponents as their top challengers from INA has been eliminated. It should be done as swiftly as possible to help Yu Yang conserve energy for Women's Doubles.

Women's Doubles
    Du Jing/Yu Yang
    over Wong Pei Tty/Chin Eei Hui

The Danish Super Series winners from Malaysia have shown tremendous progress in qualifying for their 3rd Super Series final in two months. But despite their heroics in beating the other CHN WD pair last night, the World No 1 and Olympic Gold Medallists are much too strong to break apart. It has been almost 4 years since Wong/Chin last beat Du/Yu.

Overall, still a great achievement and this puts even more pressure on the MAS coaching squad to ensure continuity in the often overlooked Women's Doubles (and Mixed Doubles) department.

Men's Doubles
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan
    over Cai Yun/Xu Chen

The World No 1 pair is almost invincible at this moment. However, Cai/Xu have made tremendous progress in destroying our fellow BC forummers yesterday. Thus the World and Olympic Champs must be wary and keep control of the frontcourt. Cai/Xu (last week) and Koo/Tan (last night) are the only pairs to have ever forced Kido/Setiawan to go the distance and use their reserves. And thus for the Champs, having a good start is prime objective.

4. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

They also met in China Masters 2007 but I don't think you can really judge them on that match, it wasn't PG's day and Taufik won ridiculously easily.

5. matthewteng

matthewteng Regular Member

Financial Analyst
    This will be an exciting final. Taufik is in form, having beaten Lee Chong Wei in their last 2 matches (Macau Grand Prix Gold and again yesterday).
    Hopefully we can see a great match like we saw when he played Kenneth Jonassen in the Thomas Cup Semi's in 2004!

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Great analysis... and I heartily endorse the view on Peter Gade.

But, referring to the 'change of shuttles' incident (highlighted in blue above), I'd blame Taufik for losing his cool over such a silly matter.

Had this happened to Lee Yong-Dae or, yes, Peter Gade, the player would have firmly closed his mental door on that issue the moment it was time to receive the next serve.

There's a saying that 'only you can lose your concentration'.
    Taufik should have ridden that one out or just taken it in his stride.

7. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    MIXED DOUBLES
    Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg [4] vs He Hanbin/Yu Yang [2] - The Danes have never beaten the Chinese duo. Kellogg has to be superb @ the net and Clark needs to cut down his unforced errors in order to win.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Wang Lin vs Xie Xingfang [2] - Wang came back from a set down to win their last encounter back in China Masters 2006. Let's see if Wang can repeat it two years later. It would be an interesting match to watch.

MEN'S SINGLES
    Taufik Hidayat [7] vs Peter Gade [8] - Standing 5:5 in H2H, Taufik beat Peter convincingly last time they met in China Masters last year. Taufik has survived 4 3-setter matches en-route to the finals and he looks unstoppable.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Du Jing/Yu Yang [1] vs Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui [4] - The Olympic Champions lead 3:1 in H2H with the only loss @ German Open back in 2005. Having reached the 4th finals this year, can the MAS pair create an upset today?

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan [1] vs Cai Yun/Xu Chen [6] - If the previous 2 matches are of any indications for the Chinese pair, the top seeds have to be extra careful not to let the Chinese pair dictate the match. I can sense an upset here.

8. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    I can't speak for the other moderators but here's my take on this:

I oppose banning anyone for holding a view another doesn't like or agree with. If not, there would be only Republicans or Democrats, but not both.

For instance, we encounter a great many people who carelessly declare that badminton is for sissies. Well, I couldn't disagree more... but, even so, I would agree that he is entitled to his view.

I'm merely echoing what someone said a long time ago (and, no, it wasn't Voltaire): “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend your right to say it.”

d65up2 is treading a fine line here... but I don't see his posts as obscene, derogatory, insulting or personal. At least, not yet ;)

The best response to views we can't endorse or tolerate is to ignore them.
    Responding or even attending to it only feeds the mouth it came from :)

9. smashingmark

smashingmark Regular Member

Taufik has matured in his game.. You hardly see him angry or lose his temper during a game. Once you can control you emotions and keep focus in the game, you'll normally bounce back againts a bad call.. This is one reason I would say Taufik is back to challenge for the World No. 1 spot.

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

You can't compare LCW with INA XD.LCW does not lose to just any player.It's gonna take him some time to get back to his best form because he now has another problem:confidence.In the meantime, it might be wise for him to skip CO in Shanghai(since his ranking points allow him to) unless his match and physical preparations are superb.No point going there to lose confidence further.
    FYI,failure to win after a big disappointment should not be a tag attached to players.It happens to every champion every now and then.
    Nadal hasn't won a title since becoming World No 1. In fact, maybe not even reach a final. How do you explain his problem since he's known to be mentally and physically so tough?

11. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

yeah...Olympic champion (his motivation, spirit, skill, stamina...) is back...I am back to love watching his game....:D:p

12. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

He seems to enjoy himself more now. I remember watching him in the first round of the Olympics against WCH, and I don't think he smiled once.

13. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    U forgot how they ran their mouth when Kindra beat Koo and Tan fair and square in the olympics. Of course I wasn't happy at all. Mate we forgive but of course we dun forget. And for the record MAS fans NEVER apologise to us for that incident. To me they have insulted us and it is my democratic right not to forget

#53 d65up2, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Trying to get more BCers to play Sandy's PAW Games in future

OK... With a few posts in this thread giving the % Predictions for the finalists here today, I would like to include the PAW Points to be earned in Sandy 's PAW Game for the finalists in this tournament. :):):)

Sandy posted these points for today's finalists...
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, sans-serif][ ]Lin.Wang............. v [ ]Xingfang.Xie.[2].....( 14 - 7 .)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, sans-serif][ ]Taufik.Hidayat.[7]... v [ ]Peter.Gade.[8].......( 10 - 10 )[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, sans-serif][ ]Jing.Du/Yang.Yu.[1].. v [ ]E.H.Chin/P.T.Wong.[4](. 8 - 12 )[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, sans-serif][ ]M.Kido/H.Setiawan.[1] v [ ]Yun.Cai/Chen.Xu.[6]..(. 4 - 23 )[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, sans-serif][ ]A.Clark/D.Kellogg.[4] v [ ]Hanbin.He/Yang.Yu.[2]( 12 - 9 .)[/FONT]

Using my mathematics, Sandy is saying...
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, sans-serif][ ]Lin.Wang............. v [ ]Xingfang.Xie.[2].....(33% - 67%)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, sans-serif][ ]Taufik.Hidayat.[7]... v [ ]Peter.Gade.[8].......(50% - 50%)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, sans-serif][ ]Jing.Du/Yang.Yu.[1].. v [ ]E.H.Chin/P.T.Wong.[4](60% - 40%)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, sans-serif][ ]M.Kido/H.Setiawan.[1] v [ ]Yun.Cai/Chen.Xu.[6]..(85% - 15%)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, sans-serif][ ]A.Clark/D.Kellogg.[4] v [ ]Hanbin.He/Yang.Yu.[2](43% - 57%)[/FONT]

Perhaps, Sandy can tell me if I am correct or wrong with these percentage points.

:):):)

#54 chris-ccc, Nov 2, 2008
  15. hiltonmoreira9

hiltonmoreira9 Regular Member

student
    whoever wins I hope Indonesia got 2 from Taufik and Kido/Hendra!!

hahahahah
    kopet semuanya !!!

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I think the problem lies with you.You feel INA is inferior so you think others see INA as inferior.If you think INA is superior, then you won't behave so defensive about INA and offensive about MAS.
    I happen to perceive that INA badminton is the best but that can only be seen when they fix the stamina problem.Once that is sorted out, INA badminton greatness will follow.
    So how about a change? Feel superior about INA and you will find it strange to write your previous type of posts.I'm sure you can contribute in a more positive way.

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hmmmm, how in the world did the Msian fans "ran their mouth" when KKK/TBH lost to MK/Hendra during OG????
    sesssh, KKK/TBH got bashed for that lost, in the press, from NSC, from BAM, from SPorts Minister, from fans, etc,etc. There were calls for immediate split up & all that. NSC Director even wanted to kick KKK/TBH out of the squad.

Back to France Open, hope Msia WD give a good fight to the OG Gold medalist.

#57 eaglehelang, Nov 2, 2008
  18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Preparing to go to my sister's wedding reception now, most likely will miss all the finals live .....tonight is the reception on her new hubby's side.

Good luck to those players I am PAWing, and one pair I am PAWing against (MAS WD). No matter what, the girls have done very well.

19. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Hey guys, just wondering..

Does the final begin in 40mins?

20. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    WJC just completed and French is about to start...

#60 robin7, Nov 2, 2008