Super Series Finals 2008.. the Grand Finale

Discussion in 'Super Series Master Finals 2008' started by Chaojidan, Oct 6, 2008.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Only interested to see that the SSF can be staged annually

badMania ... While following the development (and the eventual failure) of last year's 2007 SSF, it was mentioned that only 2 cities, Doha in Qatar, and Alor Star in Malaysia, showed interest in holding it. And SMP was to finance the US$500,000.00 in prize money.

Yesterday's post, huangkwokhau mentioned that Jakarta and Singapore also wanted to host the SSF last year, but were turned down. I was shocked because the intentions of these 2 cities were not released at Badminton Central (perhaps I missed that post) and/or by BWF.

I am only interested to see that the SSF can be staged annually. And I believe for it to happen, we need all parties, BWF, National Associations, Sponsors, Host Cities, etc... to work together.

If we are to suggest anything here at Badminton Central without speaking out to our National Associations, then nothing would happen. If our National Associations are not relaying our concerns to BWF, then we should sack them. And if BWF is not listening to National Associations, then it's time to sack BWF too.

It's better not to fight and/or to criticise one another but to give a hand to resolve the situation.

:):):)

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

How to remove any doubts???..

..hmm, i guess BWF will probably need to release or share some kind of information/reason(s) regarding last yr's cancellation of the SS Finale to settle all these doubts/questions.....................or will they actually reveal the truth/real reason(s) behind it???...hmmm:confused:[​IMG]:confused:

#262 ctjcad, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Still thinking that BWF could offer the US$500,000.00 for the 2007 SSF prize money

Yes, because I am still thinking that BWF could offer the US$500,000.00 for the 2007 SSF prize money, but no city (or National Association) could manage to raise enough money for themselves to stage it.

Or is it the other way around? :confused::confused::confused:

#263 chris-ccc, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    BWF did not have the money in 2007!!! They mismanaged the whole 2007 SS Finals story! How many times do we need to tell you! :(

5. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Erm.. according to a news from Sina, high probability they are not coming because they have to move house. Their current condo(on north side) have to renovate, so they have to move to the condo on south. They had also changed their plan. On 20 Dec, they are not going to Chengdu for Winter training, the training will be postponed until after Chinese New Year. So now, they will be having the training in Beijing.

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

ok then, thanks for the information, suetyan:D

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Not sure which link you're reading, the one I read only mentioned the condo renovation is going to be done ahead of schedule so they like to move in completely before the Chinese New Year(late January) hence the original training schedule will be delayed about one month and will be a shorter training.
    If that's the case then I would think the chance for the players to attend the 2008 Super Series Final, 2009 Malaysia and Korea Opens should be greatly enhance? My Chinese may be a bit rusty so someone please read this link and verify my interpretation.
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2008-12-10/11124116874.shtml

8. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I am reading this one. http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2008-12-10/00004115915.shtml

As well as this one http://badminton.sport.org.cn/home/xwkd/2008-12-10/227111.html

9. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks Suetyan. It will be unwise if Chinese coaching staff decided not to let players participate in SS Final. This is an easy money for the Chinese players and I really don't think it will affect their training schedule and furthermore, it's for the good of badminton sports.
    Anyway, we will find out in 2 days ...

10. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

yalor, but I think the power is still in the hand of their head coach :D Even though they may want to win the huge money (as you mention it is an easy money for them), but if the head coach say 'NO' they also can't do anything, haha...

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It seems Jo/Greysia will replace some of WD..just do not know who has withdrawn

12. george@chongwei

YONEX-SUNRISE BWF WORLD SUPER SERIES MASTERS FINALS 2008

More $$$ for doubles

11 December 2008

Pix by BadmintonPhoto

IN a historic first, winners in the doubles events will receive a higher total prize money than players in the singles field.

Endorsed at the recent Badminton World Federation Council meeting in Seoul, Korea, winners of the men’s doubles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles will receive a prize purse of US$42,000 for each pair, working out to US$21,000 for each player.
    [​IMG]In contrast, winners of the men’s singles and women’s singles will pocket US$40,000 each.
    The prize money distribution proposal for the YONEX-Sunrise BWF World Super Series Masters Finals 2008 was put forward by the Events Committee and endorsed unanimously by the Council on 6 December 2008.
    In fact, all eight qualifiers for the Super Series Finals will receive a share of the prize money with the quarter-finalists earning US$4,500 each (singles) and US$5,000 each pair.
    The total prize money for the YONEX-Sunrise BWF Super Series Masters Finals 2008 is US$500,000 with the top eight players in the Super Series ranking invited for the tournament.
    The tournament, which will be played at the Likas Indoor Stadium in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia, does not offer any world ranking points. The tournament runs from 18 to 21 December.
    Please refer to table on prize money distribution at the Super Series Masters Finals 2008 section on www.internationalbadminton.org

13. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

it must be dissapointed someone who want to watch Lin dan on court...
    btw...thanks...suetyan

14. george@chongwei

15. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

You have got to be kidding... people in Malaysia want to see Lin Dan kicking LCW's butt again???:p Team China is doing Malaysians a big favor by not kicking their hero's butt in front of the home audience.:cool:

16. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

well, my dear little kid...though we dislike everytime LD kicking LCW's butt, who can deny that without LD & other top guns, the game is becoming less entertaining & competitive?

I am not looking down at others, but with their present here in KK, they surely add spices & colours to the game. Don't you think so????

Even if LD is kicking LCW's butt, we have to admit that he plays better than LCW...:D

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

In SO08,our tournament had no CHN MS or MD or WS(?) present.The tournament was just as successful and worth every $ we paid for. In any tournament,there will be some great matches and boring ones.How great were the MS matches in HKO08 without LCW's presence?
    LD played better than LCW in CHN territories if their 2008 matches were any indication.That's why CHN's opting out of MO09 and KO09, not just SSF.I don't expect LD to turn up for SO09 or IO09 either.Has LD ever won in IO,MO or SO? Nearly.

18. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

errr... how about World Championship 07 held in Malaysia???:rolleyes: The big one... not the little MO, IO, and SO. :rolleyes:

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

That was 2007. I said 2008.
    Surely you can monitor LYB's confidence in his team by where he fields them.Let me predict for you where he will field LD for 2009.
    AE,SWO,WC?,TO?,DO,FO?,JO,CO1,CO2,HKO.

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Totally agreeed...with U pj.....:D:D:D

LYB is not confident even with LD the WC 07 and Olympic Champion 08.....to play in places like Korea and SEA..........;). it just not their confortable zone,...i think!.....:D:D