Li Ning - China's New Sponsor

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by kevinboy, Feb 5, 2009.

1. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    Learn wot??? I was agreeing with his explanation on how rackets are manufactured. Does that even have anything to do with age??? i dont see the connection. Is a 65 year old likely to have more knowledge about racket manufacturing than a 19 year old? somehow i dont think so...

2. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I don't think so, especially in the case of the chinese players. If they're told to use LN, they will. LN is chinese... chinese pride

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Most racket brands uses the same or almost same materials. I do agree that racket manufacturing is low tech. Most of the costs goes into R&D. But if the quality is not better than competition.. most people will be using other brands instead of Yonex since other brands is much cheaper. I'm not saying that other brands is not good. But what make a company good is making themselves ahead of others. I'm sure many companies will be able to do so if they have a proper mgmt, system and a good team as well as R&D. This does not apply to rackets but business in general.

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Chinese players are familiar with Kason racquets and have used them for domestic competition. BTW, do you know who is the racquet technical advisor to Kason? None other than the great one, the "Thing", or Tang Xianhu.

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I don't think a majority of players really have sucha good grasp of which racket or technology is "good", and the differences between different rackets and technologies.. Most recreational playes have only tested a few rackets for a limited time, and make purchase decision more on marketing, brand-recognition etc. than based on detailed specs, racket technology and suitability for their game/level.

Similiarily the pros. choice of rackets are more based on how much sponsor money the get from using it. I have never met a pro that would be unwilling switch to another brand if given significantly more sponsor money from using that compared to his current brand..

The pros also focus so intensely on their training and using the racket they currently get sponsor money from using, so they do not have the luxury (or insentive) to try every racket around to look if there is something better as well.. Look at LD.. I am sure he has tested the ARC 10, and other top models after MP99, AT700. but I really doubt he even has tried for example TC700, Babolat top-end, Forza Top-of the line etc for a significant amount of time, if he even swung it at all :)

Hell, what if he liked Forza top end better than his AT700.. He would not be able to use it in any case based on the sponsorship deal between YY and Team China :) .. Just as IF team China Switch to Li Ning.. He will not be using the AT700, even IF he feels it is the nicest racket :)

So, I would say in most cases racket choice for player are based on other aspects than what racket are objectively the best (for him/her)..

/Twobeer

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I agree with you on this. :)

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i havent watched all the AE games but i notice chinese rackets don't have the usual YY logo on the string anymore.

8. jerby

jerby Regular Member

well, some didn't even use Yonex rackets (chen jin)
    and for other, it's probably a matter of stringing.

The stringing team at the AE is still yonex. So if you want strings in your (yonex or not?) racket you get a logo on it as well.

The rackets they strung at homebase (do they have to string them themselves?) probably don't have to have a logo.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i doubt it. If yonex is or was the sponsor, the YY logo on the string bed is a must. This is what i think (yet to be confirmed), is that yonex is already out of china team sponsorship on equips. LYB and the players understood that changing racket and string now, coming into AE, a very important tournament, is not appropriate time of transition, and requested and got the ok from ni ling to let players to use whatever they want in order to achieve success at the AE. In term of the yonex shirts, i think that is different agreement from the equipments and yonex still might be the sponsor, for the time being.

#89 cooler, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  10. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    You mean Li Ning? I think you switched the letters. :p

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yah, i havent got over yonex yet:D

12. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Yeah yeah, That's what I thought too.

I thought your point was more as to "why do some still have a Yonex logo on their racket (LD) and some don't (cai yun)?"

Maybe the Li Ning shirts haven't gotten back from the printing service yet :p

13. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    At All England: Lin dan has already start using Li Ning shoes, any bros know where to buy Li Ning badminton shoes in china ?:confused:

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i could speculate that too but probably not worth speculating:D

15. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    I can't tell you what shoes those would be, but of the few sites where I could find their products, perhaps you should look into these aesthetically fantastic running shoes. ;) http://intl.li-ning.com/#product/running/type=shose&***=male/4560 (the nice brown ones)

Anyway, if you were to venture to China, I'm sure you'd find one. As to quote Wikipedia..."as of March 2007, there were 4,297 Li-Ning retail stores."

#95 Tsumaranai, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

some chinese shuttlers like he han bin /yu yang still has the yonex logo on their string;)

17. mirko

mirko Regular Member

when will they finally change from yonex to li ning?

what rackets will they use?

will fedex still sponsor them?

18. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Under the category "product" on the LiNing website, cant even find the category for "badminton"...:confused::confused:

19. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Now I'm more confused , Hi Tech are joining the Chinese sponsorship deal?

Sponsorships = confusing.

20. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

So all this talk about Li Ning taking over Yonex as the sponsor for Team China and we still don't even have any models of their rackets or anything to see yet? I wonder how much longer it is going to take before Li Ning will completely take over all aspects away from Yonex China team wise.