Wilson Kfactor

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by cd4se, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Miurra

Miurra Regular Member

managed to test the ktour last nite, it's a good rac for power, and more forgiving than my victors. the feel at impact is not as solid as victor's rac though (but that's my personal preference). I would say for it's a very good value to performance ratio, consider the price that i paid for it.

2. suprabhat

suprabhat Regular Member

As yonex is popular in India, the distributor in India gave me 30% discount (usually 20%) for Wilson Rackets, and i bought (K)Strike for Rs.3,500 (including BG65Ti Stringed & Squash grip) ... means US$ 72. All the Wilson (k)Factor model prices are same (US$ 72) in India.

3. wannaliquorbox

wannaliquorbox Regular Member

i picked up a couple of k-Power for Canadian $50/each ( USD 40.00, SGD 60.90, MYR 146.00, GBP 28.10), great rackets for that price. strung at 26lbs, lots of power on smashes. very responsive on flat drives as well. i will be playing with these for a while.

my only initial hesitation was the size of grip, the store here in vancouver only stocks G3, which is too big for me. but after a little research, i replaced the original grip with the thinnest replacement grip on the market, yonex AC113L. now it is somewhere between G4 & G5, feels great!

my friend picked up 2 k-Pro for same price, i am waiting for him to restring and try them out. his girlfriend bought a k-Lite, which is not currently on sale, but will be in the near future.

what a great find! i am tempted to go back and buy a few more.

4. wannaliquorbox

all the k-factor series except for the k-Lite are all selling for the same price, i might go and try k-Blaze or the k-Strike, which looking at the specs, might be more forgiving than the k-Power when my elbow acts up...

5. xpchiu

xpchiu Regular Member

haha. my coach is Holvy dePauw and he's in the Wilson team. :D

6. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

All I can say is, the KTour is awesome, even the paint is durable. All I can say is, go for the KTour if it's near you, it even looks amazing.

7. suprabhat

suprabhat Regular Member

I have another option to buy Head Badminton Racket instead... any Head users to advice on models?

8. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Maybe your question should be in another thread as this is about Wilson KFactor ?

In Brief, seems like the 4000 and the 8000 are the more popular models. 4000 is used by Zhou Mi and she is widely acknowledged as probably the best in shot making/control.

9. wannaliquorbox

well, i tried out my friend's k-Pro at 26 lbs. it feels pretty much like the k-power, except for the softer shaft. he strung his girlfriend's k-lite at 23 lbs, i will let you guys know how it plays after i try it out (i suspect that eventhough it is a fair bit lighter than both k-power/pro, it makes up the power by being slightly head heavier.)

10. Great Wall

Great Wall New Member

wilson racquets are the best!
    i'm using wilson k-strike as i am more of a defensive doubles player and it's been doing wonders for me (hence, my username :)
    it has helped me produce some pretty good smashes since it's not too light nor heavy.
    im getting another one as back-up. my wilson ncode just suffered a small crack.

wilson racquets have won me a number of tournaments...

11. wannaliquorbox

i tried out the k-lite at 24lbs tonite. very nice feel, slightly head heavy makes up for the light weight. it would be even better if strung at 26lbs. think i will wait for them to go on sale in a few months time and get a couple.

12. Gold-

Gold- Regular Member

-
    i do agree with some ppl after smashing with the k-blaze. my elbow seriously hurts abit after smashing with few shot continuenously(sry if my spelling wrong)

13. jebatdurhaka

jebatdurhaka Regular Member

bought a ktour, 2 weeks ago. RM160, just the racket .. no string, no bag or even a grip !! strung with nanogy at 27/28 (manual), with 4 knots ..

i like it a lot so far . have been playing around 5hrs with this racket .. the power is easily accessible compare to my arcsaber10. however, the shaft is not stiff, eventhough it is rated as stiff. no where near my arcsaber stiffness ..

14. kimir

kimir Regular Member

technique problem?

15. wannaliquorbox

i used to think that too, but have been told that it happens sometimes when the body is adjuusting to a new stiffer racket, weak extensor muscles, or just plain overuse.

16. aloy66

aloy66 Regular Member

17. aloy66

aloy66 Regular Member

Where did you buy your Wilson K-series for Cdn $50? Does that includes Yonex strings? Tempted to try one.

18. hongzang

hongzang New Member

Student
    Hi everyone , wan2 ask something lol. the tip below the wilson racket. will there state a country? like "China" or "Japan" like yonex? cos i just bought a 2nd hand kstrike and it without any country name at the below tip of the racket.

19. wannaliquorbox

they are all made in china.

the butt cap should have the word china.

20. badwing

badwing Regular Member

Doctor
    I own K Blade.... not bad... but the paint job is terrible... it chips away very easily even on light collision. Well maybe i just got a bad one coz my older racket..the Wilson NZone Force Ncode is far more durable.

In Indonesia they cost around 65 US$ only for all K Factor series.