What is still lacking in LCW?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by xymaerts, Mar 8, 2009.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    When I was growing up in MAS, Dato alone is hard to get (forget about Tun or Tan Sri) and we look at Dato as a first class, special citizen with very special privilege. A Datoship is like a pass or inside connection to get govt contracts, special treatment unlike ordinary folks, etc but it comes with lots of responsibility like making sure you remember to repay who grant you the title. Nowadays, granting of Datoship is so common practice that so many people have it. Granting LD a Tun (I take you say that as a joke) and MAS citizen, what benefits LD to even consider that...LD is racking tens of millions in CHN, celebrity status, CHN hero, I have said so often that baddy players play baddy for a career, it is $$$ that counts, not some titles. With LD reportedly making tens of millions a year, I am not sure BAM can even afford to pay LD to play for MAS:D:p

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    from this article:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_sports/view/413938/1/.html

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  4. joelabb

joelabb Regular Member

With a Tun title you don't have to pay for tax :D Can save a lot of money for happy time :rolleyes::D. This is only for joke my friend after a sad day...my idol lost to the best player in the world.

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    didnt i miss anything????what about danes????:crying:

#45 limsy, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    done....and sorry...hehe....error maybe...hehe...

8. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Thread title: "What is still lacking in LCW?"

Cooler's response: bring up Taufik Hidayat vs Lin Dan YET AGAIN. That second paragraph wasn't necessary at all was it?

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

just reminding pswift what is a dream draw really is. :rolleyes:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badminton_at_the_2004_Summer_Olympics_-_Men's_singles

TH got a dream AE draw too, no chinese players.
    this AE, Pswift call it a dream draw for LD, i say dream draw for TH also.

#49 cooler, Mar 8, 2009
  10. bestco

bestco Regular Member

I was visiting the other Chinese forums, pretty much all LCW fans agreed (yes LCW has a lot of fans in China) the only thing he lacks is 霸气, same thing LD's teammate Bao Chun Lai lacks to dominate the world of badminton.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i assume the words 霸气 mean 'aggressiveness'?

12. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Come on:rolleyes:

If LCW fought LD to a standing still and lost at the end, I'd say that may be only thing he lacks. The fact is that LD could have blown LCW off the court if he chose to.

LCW has a long way to go to catch LD. For the sake of badminton, it would be good thing if he does get closer.

More realistically, the only way that LD can be beaten was how he lost HK Open to CJ. LD was playing casually. When the game got tight, CJ took advantage and played extremely well. LD got burned.

LCW had a similiar opportunity in the first game today, but did not play well enough to take advantage. LD gave him no chance in the second game. The second game was a fair reflection of the difference between the two.

13. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

agreed. It was LD's casualness and UE's that put him in a 17-19 position in the 1st set. Then he decided he wanted to win the set so took the next 4 points. (OK may be a slight exaggeration but I want to emphasise just how much control, mentally and physically, LD had over LCW).

LD decided to stop messing around and wrap it up in the 2nd set.

14. chirigamii

chirigamii Regular Member

I really don't understand : aren't you badminton players? If you play 3 matchs, aren't fresher than if you play four matchs?
    Once again china shows a very poor demonstration of "sport's spirit". This final remind me of the Olympics, LD vs Chen Jin in SF and LD had not to force to win. The same here in AE. LCW had enough endurance to play the first game and a part of the second but its not fair from china. When you are tired it's not easy to focus or to build a strategy during the match, it's not only a question of fitness. So my conclusion : what china call "patriotism" is only "cheat" (excuse me for my english people:crying:)

15. T3Vince

T3Vince Regular Member

I think Lee CW just needs 1 win over Lin Dan...just once to even things up(not entirely..but just to get his confidence back)
    That being said, Lin Dan's not letting anyone stand in his way. So imo, I don't think anyone can de-throne him until he decides to retire.

Off topic - Lin Dan is just very charismatic. I swear my heart was beating so fast when I went up to take a picture with him. I'm turning into a Lin Dan fanboy despite my nationalism... HELP ME!

16. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    i dont' see anything dreamy about it. If we had looked at it before LD crashed out, TH would be playing WCH, PG, LD then CH. It's not his fault that LD and CH crashed out early.

17. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Are you suggesting that it is better if we can schedule it so LCW gets to meet LD in the 1st round simply to make it "fair"??? After the last 3 most recent meetings and LCW had not win a set with 4 of those sets LCW could not even get more than 12 points... are you still denying that LD is much better than LCW by now.

In this AE, LCW had 2 easy matches before meeting Taufik whom ended up being blown away by LCW. LCW was just as fresh coming in the AE final as LD, so if he couldn't manage to last 2 games, then what made him a better player?

Their head to head record even if counting the team events is LD 11:5 LCW...(2 of LCW came from team events) is that good enough?

18. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    This is such a joke... you can't have any 霸气, when you look like one of those high school kids that get bullied around on a daily basis... unless he gets a tatoo on his arm that says "I am a Dato", otherwise I don't think he can intimidate anyone especially Lin Dan.

What LCW really lacks is a Fu HaiFeng like smash, Lee Yong Dae's reaction time, Taufik's big match mentality, Lin Dan's appearance(LCW is like skin + bone), and XXF like girlfriend(it has been good for Lin Dan ever since)

#58 bananakid, Mar 8, 2009
  19. chirigamii

chirigamii Regular Member

I didn't say LCW is better than LD if you read well. I am only deploring china known "tactics" to be sure to win. If Chen Jin had play a real match against LD do you really think LD could be in a great form as he was in final?
    In my advice LD is a little bit stronger than LCW, but on one match, sometimes LCW can overpass him and I think it could have happen if the semi final vs Chen Jin was not a parody of sport. The real question is finally : is this normal to let china be unfair? Is all allowed to win in sport?

20. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

Chen Jin could only barely beat Sho Sasaki in this AE... I doubt that CJ could do much better against Lin Dan than Joachim Persson did. That would just be painful for the audience to watch... better to let the show moved on instead.

Until the day, badminton is popular enough to allow players to make enough money playing on their own, or every other country is strong enough to beat China players regularly before Semi-final, otherwise, yes, be prepared to see more to come.