Can Malaysia Boleh at the AE?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by Pemuda, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Hi,

Yes, agree but we should send out our best not the substandard ones or dead woods or else BAM may as well send you, myself, limsy and that george guy (we need him to carry our equipment, do our laundry etc). ;)

2. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Which is better? A proton or a Ford?:confused:

Actually very good comparison, since LCW can't win any tournaments outside of Malaysia as world ranking #1, just like how a Proton can't even export out of Malaysia... by any chance, have a picture of what it looks like? It's sad that even a Hyundai can make it to the international market, and it is already being considered as a crappy car.

This year's WC will be even tougher for LCW since Lin Dan probably is thinking about beating Yang Yang's record and become the only 3 times world champion in history thus far.

If Lin Dan can make it to the AE final 2 more times in the next 2 years, then we will tie Morten Frost's record(being in AE finals 8 times in a roll, and winning 4 of them). Lin Dan already tied Yang Yang's 2 WC in a roll, and if by chance he can win the OG gold at 2012, then basically you've got an unbeatable record of all time.:cool: LCW will have to play until age 35 to probably beat that if he can last that long...

By the way, how long of a life span does a Proton have?

#482 bananakid, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  3. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Wrong. I saw a Proton car parked in a parking lot of a multinational enterprise building in Jakarta yesterday.;)

4. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Has anyone seen one say in New York city? or Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong???:confused:

Sorry, but I think at least 1/3 or possibly half the people outside of Asia don't have a clue where Jakarta is... I am stating a fact, and don't mean no harm at all.:(

5. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Now, jakarta is out of Malaysia or not?
    He's stating simple point.Only.

6. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Yes, it is outside of Malaysia. Congradulation on that... next step trying going further where there is more competition.

My next question is: Is it such an accomplishment when you get to export your product to a country that is rather not doing well economically???:confused: and where as most other major competitions don't place too much emphasis on? It Is like winning a badminton satellite tournament, should you brag about it?:confused:

#486 bananakid, Mar 8, 2009
  7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Proton or Ford? Ford by a few thousand miles. ;)

LD is already up there amongst the legends. As for LCW, I say he is in the Grade B category. In reality there is no way for LCW to overtake LD in terms of titles.

Well, the Proton is good for the first 2/3 years then it will start to fall apart. Here's a pic of what a Proton Waja looks like. It cost about RM60,000.00 here in Malaysia.

Attached Files:

8. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Yes.Thanks for the encouragement.

I have no points to rebate Pemuda.Consider my silence.It could means i accept all he said as the truth.No point denying.
    hey..you know what.I am malaysian.Mess in Proton is our 'general knowledge'
    Thanks for the clarification but you have no right to judge us, simply because you are not Malaysian.

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I am just curious. Is there a Proton sales & marketing office or a Proton showroom in Jakarta?

I may be wrong maybe that car you saw was a gift from our government to yours or etc.

10. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    More than one. :)

No, no.
    In fact, Proton cars are not a rare view in Jakarta & Bandung main streets.

I fully understand that comparing Proton to Toyota or Benz is just too much. However, AFAIK, I read not much bad comments about it in car magazines. Easy to ride, comfortable, etc, etc.

And...the price is rather cheap for Indonesian standard.;)

11. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Following your logic, then what gives the right to so many people to judge Li YongBo here in this forum??? With the majority being boleh fans?:rolleyes:

This sort of attitude is what makes a person/nation weak... take what you like, and refuse/deny what you don't like.

12. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    haha... it doesn't look too bad, but if I am going to spend that kind of money, I much rather buy something better though + the name "waja"... urrrrrr... quite frankly very lame.:p

13. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    It's alright.
    If a world map is shown to those people, most of them will probably have easier time to point Bali's location. :p

For badminton fans, the word 'Indonesia' should at least come in mind.
    That is enough.
    Knowing where 'Jakarta' is will be considered a bonus.;)

For 'a country that is rather not doing well economically,' 6 OG gold is not a small feat, ya? :p

#493 Jagdpanther, Mar 8, 2009
  14. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    How does OG gold tie into the quality of life/standard of living of a coutnry?:confused:

Hong Kong is a great place, but it only had 1 OG gold ever, does that mean Indonesia is richer than Hong Kong?:confused:

No offense to Indonesia, I heard great things about it... but I am just questioning your logic.

15. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    My personal feeling: I am not proud of Proton. I am proud of LCW. Comparing those two are like comparing heaven with earth.

Even if LCW is not a deserving #1, he did not rob that #1 status and he should quite generally be accepted as #2. Come on, Ford is far from claiming it can be #2. Don't even talk about Proton.

16. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    He did say that his country is not doing rather well economically.

17. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Sorry Jagdpanther,

I didn't read your post carefully, and misunderstood completely what you wrote. My fault, please accept my apology.

Hcyong,

Thanks for pointing it out.

18. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I acknowledge that LCW got whipped by LD yet again, but dude, he's the runner up. LD is an exceptional player, and it's no shame to lose to him, even on homeground.

Hey, like it or not, HH and KBH are part of our best shuttlers. Maybe not best 3 shuttlers or best 5 shuttlers, but there are none who deserved more to be in AE who weren't there. So, you have to be more specific. What do you mean by "best shuttlers"? Best three players/pairs? WR must be in top 10? If all the countries only send their players who are ranked in the top 10, then we will only have 10 entries in the draw. Not very exciting for badminton.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the bullet and granede is flying here and there....must run....

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Oh goody then, I didnt know our Proton cars are well sought after in Indonesia. I heard about the massive financial losses that proton incurred but I guess all is fine now since our cars are in demand in the overseas markets.

RM60k cheap for Indonesian standard, hmm, I guess not surprising for a country that is so rich in natural resources and is a major exporter of human labour and domestic help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.