Can Malaysia Boleh at the AE?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by Pemuda, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Are we living in some feudal system or something?

My dear, bananakid got as much right to comment about our shuttlers or badminton or whatsoever as you do when it comes to Chinese, Danish shuttlers etc.

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Yes, LCW lost to LD again. Yes, he gave his best, No shame at all. I agree. But the fact is LCW is the MS WR1 who have yet to win away from home and who have no major titles todate.

I am saying we dish out the best financial rewards, hire the best foreign coaches, have the best facilities etc, our government is 100% for the development of the game BUT why despite all these positives, we are unable to find decent shuttlers and have to make do with dead woods like HH/KBH? To say that KBH and HH are part of our best shuttlers is already testament that our system is not working.

I dont care what or how the other countries decide on who or how many shuttlers they want to send to a tournament like the AE. I am only concern for Malaysia. There is a global recession now and we should have saved some money by sending only the best of our current lot. HH, KBH shouldnt have made the trip. The same goes to the juniors as well, we should have send one or maybe two (the best). Why waste our taxpayers money? Factories are closing down in Malaysia and many Malaysians will be or already are unemployed, I think the money saved by not sending dead woods like HH or KBH or those substandard juniors would be better used to aid those Malaysian families in this trying times.

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Cherry picking ... Malaysia Boleh style. ;)

4. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    As much as Pemuda critize on BAM or Malaysia shuttlers, he is deep at heart very concerned about Malaysia. He is definitely a good person who cares about his own country, but not with blind love or blind patriotism like some others.

He sees things from a more rational point of view, instead of "this boleh, that boleh" kinda mentality.

The last part of his post is so right... there are much more important things in life than badminton, especially when it comes to a nation and its people's well being.

Thumbs up to Pemuda!!!:cool:

#504 bananakid, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  5. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Come again , we are discussing of how his 'game' would affect the badminton sport.
    Problem with Proton is merely a 'local' problem, you are welcome if you're trying to help.
    Suggestions and all.My deepest apology if i've misunderstood u, but i see nothing other than bashing.Then, you left.

You can criticize.Plus, it's how discussions go.I got no problem.Be clear about that.But, Recognize the limitation.
    Pemuda's posts are as much as 'tough' as you.Difference here is he's a taxpayer, and he got every single right to talk about what he had payed for.
    The only incovenience here is what you've post.Proton is not a problem for others, it is merely Malaysians' problem.

But again, i'd play safe.You've stated how you feel about Malaysia, and i merely stated a response for it.
    One thing is good about Malaysian, we have manners in rejecting idea and opposing opinion, i hope the perception of Bananakid towards Malaysians stay in that way.

6. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    No.Pemuda.I am absolutely fine when someone criticizing.With a solid reason and good intention.

Absolute Feudal system is not for Malaysia.And i am totally conscious to be aware.How we develop into a better community is when we are able to share opinions.Without using 'sensitive' tag as a weapon.This one get my aye.However, that doesn't mean we should allow everything to be discussed by anyone, anywhere.
    Sorry to be unable to share your thought, but again, i beg to differ.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i want to nominate pemuda to replace kenny goh...anyone agree????

8. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    One vote here, let see if he's serious with his words.
    All the talkings, should be followed by actions, too.

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Unfortunately you don't have the power to do so. :p
    Even Punch has been dismissed!
    And this is just not being fair to Pemuda!
    Why not be brave enough to say "I want to replace Kenny Goh"? :D

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe...i ask all bam player go play under klrc...if they dun 1 let pemuda replace kenny goh....:mad:...:p...then ah...the bam is empty....:p

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Sometimes, an individual cannot go against majority.it is, sometimes.

Btw, to be fair.Pemuda, nak tak?

12. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Aduh, limsy.quite extreme there.
    All for him? wow

13. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    No one is disputing that he has not won any major titles yet, and that he has difficulty winning away from home. Those are very clear facts, I know. But he's still not Proton. He's still one of the best players in the world, just not the best. Proton cannot even claim to be an average car in the world, far from it.

Well then, you can't fault the government in this case. They have tried their best. Maybe we just aren't very good badminton players.

You got a point there.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes....he is so BRIGHT ABOUT WHY WE SO AND SO...MUST ASK HIM LEAD BAM....:)....

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

If you are fine then you should not say bananakid got no right to judge us in the first place?? The man is entitled to his comment/s as you in this forum.

What is a 'sensitive' tag?? Is LCW getting a beating in the AE considered a 'sensitive tag'?? When I made reference to Proton being crap is that too a 'sensitive tag' as well?

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I am sorry I beg to differ, if we say that LCW is one of the best players in the world, where are his major titles??? In my mind, LCW is an above average player, great when playing at home but ordinary when playing away.

The fault I believe lies in the entire system. From the government, the politicians, administrators all the way down to the shuttlers. Look at how they went about declaring Msia will win its first OG gold come 2012. How are we going to achieve that when we are struggling big time in the AE? Our planning is very poor, it is like we do things without thinking. And we are dishing out hefty rewards for poor results. Look at the Datuk title given out to LCW for an example. I can understand the title given to our squash world champion, Nicoll David but LCW???

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Typical Boleh response

Ladies and gentlemen,

When the facts are laid down across the table, the above is the typical Malaysia Boleh response, very kiddie, juvenile like. It is no wonder why Malaysia continue to be a nation of underachievers and it will continue to be so if Malaysians are unable to wake up and see the light of day.

Facts are stubborn things. See, whatever our wishes, our inclinations or dictums of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.

18. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    dont worry boss, proton does exist somewhere in the UK :D

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hiyaaa, now got competition, in the other thread, I asked Dato" A go apply to replace Kenny Goh's position. :p:p:D

20. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    LCD has done what he could do..
    Lindan is still hard to beat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.