How to beat Lin Dan? Advice to Lee CW

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by 2cents, Mar 9, 2009.

1. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    If he did I swear to u LCW will just be a name nothing else...well he is arrogant and as an INA supporter u know that we are not really on good terms with MAS and it is certain that I rather have Chinese clean sweep rather than MAS ending up with 1 title....I hope u understand the fact that I am just expressing my opinion and I am just not MAS shuttlers' biggest fan

2. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
  3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    It is clear to me that LD is faster, more powerful, stronger in mind and has similar skill level to LCW. For LCW beating LD is a dream. LD was not pushed in AE 2009 Final he simply matched LCW and upped it to win te games.

LCW must hope LD is not in the mood, but for me it is just that hope.

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The times when LCW has caused LD problems was when he went full out on attack. This wrestled the control from LD and forced him to a more passive style. These are the times when LCW has either beaten LD or run him very close. Naturally with age, you slow down and need to pick your spots to be aggressive. But with LCW, it appears that he is reluctant to engage LD in a fire fight anymore. Misbun has to put these aggressive thoughts back into his mind and let lim loose in a slugfest. LCW has nothing to lose in doing so.

5. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

For LCW to beat LD, he must consult the the great "X Ball" for advice. :D

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Oh i do wish lcw go all out attack on LD, i mean on the court:D I want to see what reserve LD has more so than what LCW has :p As noted by many others, LD still hasn't been pushed to the limit.

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You better send a PM to Misbun then :D;)

8. viver

viver Regular Member

I see a pre-OG 08 Lin Dan and an improved Lin Dan on OG 08. His court coverage his more fluid and better ability to read his opponents.

Like you said, I also feel Lin Dan was not pushed in AE 2009 Final.

9. yourbestfriend

yourbestfriend Regular Member

if he is in the right mind set, i honestly don't think it's possible to beat LD.
    i mean, LD now is a very different player from LD even 1.5 year ago.
    when he won the 2007 WC he was still an attacking machine. fast forward to when tangxinghua started to coach him, LD changed his style, not very noticeable to the average fan but definitely effective.
    he is a more smart player now, he is able to play the "slow" rallying game if he wants to, he doesn't have to go all out attack. added to this, his net play is considerably better than before. one of the main reasons why he got his ass kicked at WC2005 was because taufik absolutely pwned him at the net. now, he probably is one of the most underrated net players on the ciruit. everything that critics have said he lacked, he got better at. netplay, defense, and his backhand. his sheer determination to get better at every aspect of the game and his rock solid mentality is really, second to none.

in all honestly, and i know a lot of you guys hate to admit it, but LD has developed into the MOST rounded player ever.

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    A few years ago I was quite critical of LD Footwork, it was a bit scrappy and only underpinned by his amazing athleticism. It is credit to him and his coaches that he has improved on this and as you say he is very fluid on the court.

Also like you say I think his Brain is an understated ability of LD. He see the opponents aims and nullifies them he makes top player look amateur. It is this reason why I enjoyed so much OG Final there is no better sight than a flawless performance like that.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

phhttsss, kid stuff.
    u know that TH and PG will be in vancouver for exhibition.
    For fun, i like to see the what if case scenario, bring in lcw and LD as well.
    i would pay, hard cash, to see an exhibition demo, on the court, LD on one side, LCW, PG and TH each taking going all out at LD:D:p

test objective:

1. would LD outlast TH's 32 lb bg66?

any other objectives?

#31 cooler, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  12. yourbestfriend

yourbestfriend Regular Member

i would drive to the airport and pick LD up if this were to happen.
    i **** you not, i would pay $500USD+ to see this :cool:

13. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Taufik would lock himself in his hotel room out of fear, LCW would be busy getting another title, and Gade would be getting his hair done.

Never gonna happen.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

too much editing = typo

15. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

I think the new LD arose after he won OG 08. He walks around the court and plays with a lofty "at peace" manner, KNOWING he is the best and that noone can touch him. He has even said he has nothing to prove anything, because he has won everything there is to win. With no pressure to deliver, that only enhances his mental strength.

And I agree, that OG 08 final was perhaps the most perfect display of MS badminton we will ever witness. I believe Gillian Clark said the same, and she has seen ALOT of matches going back a fair few years!

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Bro, I know your intentions are good. But we got to accept reality. And the reality is LD is more superior than LCW despite the entire Malaysia Boleh machinery, tall flagpole, space tourist etc all backing him.

LD v LCW is like Manchester United v Manchester City in football terms. Out of ten matches, MU will win 8 and MC will win 2. And in terms of titles, no comparision la. The bottom line is that no matter what MU is a better team than Man City, just like LD & LCW. Out of 10 matches, LD will win the bulk of it.

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Dont be like that......He hate LCW.........because LCW always beat TH.......SS.......and SDK...................he could not do anythings but hatred....sad for him....

Unlike us,......LD always beat LCW........but we never hate LD........we admire him..............thats the different.....

Without LCW..........there still LD.........stand in INA's MS way..........:D:D:D

18. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    i'm guessing the general consensus is that there really is no way to beat lin dan and we're idiots to try lol...i think that his "zen" states are kinda bad for him...sometimes it felt at the 09 AE Final that he took some points off and too easy, and LCW just took them...he had 5-6 point leads then took a mini break....now albiet he needs to be pushed to show his real strength...but you can't take breaks like that, and that is probably the only true weakness i see...but once he turns it up, there isn't anyone in the world that can stop him =\...

19. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

but but but but
    chen jin beat Lin dan in All england 2008 :D

20. lelynx

lelynx Regular Member

it's psychology matter here...
    somehow, LCW can't keep up the winning mentality whenever he faced LD...
    well, *if* we can ask LD to wear a mask and play again with LCW, i reckon it will not be so 1-sided... :D
    LCW is out of order whenever he see LD's face

skill-wise, LD is just too good with his cross-court smash
    not forgetting his un-humanly fast pace
    only if LCW can come up with strategy to deal with this, i don't think LCW can stay a chance (no bias; even I'm a huge fan of LCW :D)