From 'whitewashing' to zero in less than 14 days

Discussion in 'India Open 2009' started by Pemuda, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think boleh fans shouldn't wreck their brain in figuring out whether LD could beat CL or vice versa. This job is for the jia you fans:p You guys should be just thinking about lcw winning or not

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

seems to agree with this;)

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Jia You fans?( Add Oil Fans)??:D
    you sure is for the jia you fans? not Master Li?:D:rolleyes:;)

4. epaphroditus

epaphroditus Regular Member

Agreed......it reminds me of "Muthu" hahaha.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMSG8iJLedE&feature=related

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Naw, master LYB had delegated that job to the jia you fans. He now has bigger fish to jia (fry), and LCW isn't a big fish to him anymore:D:p:cool:

6. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Yes headline news, but it has been noted by others in the forum that CL is the upcoming talent in CHN squad. Also note LCW nearly lost to Lu Yi in AE 1st Round - He was fortunate that LY got excited and made a series of crucial errors.
    Like Oldhand says CJ is only a quitter when it suits him. He seems to suffer from a chronic back inury. He is a fighter and gives his all every rally, he is not so skilled as his teamates but he is not a quitter
    Anyone who beats someone is better than them on the day. There may be reasons - and then supporters & managers fans can alter the reason for loss into excuse.
    Translation please or it will be deleted............

My opinion is basically LCW is a slow starter in tournaments. He obvisously underestimated CL. All players, and even more so CHN youngsters want to put the mark out to their bosses by performing well & potentially upsetting the top players. I am still confused as to why he is entering this tournament anyway....playing many tournaments smacks of lack of confidence to me:(?

#106 jamesd20, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  7. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Pretty surprising most ppl don't give CL credit for winning, LCW won SO by beating LD and I remember there's this big thread about him coming around and will have no trouble with LD anymore etc... He was the better player and won against LD and full credit to him, CL in this case was a better player and won against LCW, plain and simple. Gotto remember China has a huge talent pool of young players and if they're all allowed to compete I'm sure the top 10 will have alot of them in there.

8. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

I am suprise why LCW enter this tournament? A gold tournament? He did not need the money prize and surely did not need the point rankings.

Maybe too tired. He need to better his scheduling. But we had to give props for Chen Long.

9. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

I agree with Jason here. Chinese juniors can play with the kind of LD, BCL, CJ etc to improve their skills quickly. The more you play with top players , the more you learn quickly. Of course that player also had to had talent too.

10. epaphroditus

epaphroditus Regular Member

I agreed. He shouldn't play back to back to back tournaments in 3 weeks. Perhaps India open needs some big guns for promotion purposes. In Tennis world, sometimes big guns will participate in small tournament for promotion and they lost in the early rounds eventually. They have been paid to appear :D. I don't think LCW wanted to lose in purpose but most likely underestimated his opponent especially when he took the 1st set 21-7. Anyway, not to find excuses for LCW lost. Congrats to CL!

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well..

..as of now, it's probably a BC record. But who knows, if something similar happens again to LCW in the upcoming WC, goodness, who knows how many pages will the thread be?!?!..:p

Btw, we haven't read a post from da man himself, X Ball...;)

Btw, abt LCW's decision to participate, i thought i read somewhere that one of the reasons for LCW's & TH's attendance, in this India Open, has to do with their contractual agreement with Yonex (to attend a specific amt of tourneys)??..:confused:

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As Hau-Ge mentioned in the previous thread, since Taufik Hidayat and Lee Chong Wei are sponsored by Yonex, they are bound by contractual duties to attend a specific number of tourneys per year that are also sponsored by Yonex (no matter how unwilling they are).

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sindh Today

World No. 1 Lee knocked out of Indian Open

Hyderabad, March 25 (IANS)

The Yonex Sunrise Indian Open badminton championship got off to a sensational start with World No. 1 Malaysian Chong Wei Lee being knocked out by unseeded Chinese player Chen Long in the first round here Wednesday.

World Champion Chong Wei lost 21-7, 16-21, 18-21 to Chen Long at the Gachibowli Stadium here.

Second seed Indian Saina Nehwal was in dominating form as she dispatched Malaysian Chew Yen Daphne NG 21-6, 21-10 in the first round in women’s singles.

Out of 33 Indian players in the men’s singles, only Anand Pawar, Anup Sridhar and Arvind Bhat sailed into the third round. The biggest casualty was last year’s runner-up and third seed Chetan Anand who lost to Wenlong Zhou of China 9-21, 24-22, 8-21. Anand struggled to win the first round against Chong Chieh Lok of Malaysia 14-21, 21-9, 22-20.

Ninth seed Bhat beat Singapore’s Yong Zhao Ashton Chen 21-10, 21-12.

Sixth seed Pawar got past Chinese Kai Wen 21-15, 19-21, 21-16 while Sridhar thrashed India’s Anshuman Hazarika 21-8, 21-8 in the second round.

Top seed in women’s draw Pi Hongyan of France moved to the second round after beating India’s Trupti Murgunde 21-18, 21-18.

Top seed Lee’s fall came too early in the tournament.

Lee said he was hit by food-poisoning.

“I was suffering from food poisoning and it made me weak. I played well in the first game but could not chase as I felt weak. He (Chen) played well today,” Lee said.

Lee played long rallies and quick smashes to win the first set easily but faltered in the next two, giving away quick points to his fitter opponent.

It was smooth sailing for second seed Indonesian Taufik Hidayat, who beat K. Nandagopal 21-8, 21-13 in 17 minutes.

14. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

#114 Joyous, Mar 25, 2009
  15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Hi Loh:....'world champion?'...errr...not too fast!:p:D

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design

India Open is sponsored by Yonex Sunrise and Yonex Sunrise ( Singapore) has the exclusive markets in Asia except Korea,China and Taiwan which Yonex Japan controls directly...since LCW and TH get the most money from Yonex Sunrise..they are bound to play this tournaments and also for TV 's rights as well..

As a matter of fact, LCW should have joined Gade,Sony to play exhibition in Vanouver next week..Sony and LCW pulled out last minute and replced by TH and Andre Kurniawan..

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Wow, you're not only tough but SHARP as well! :eek:

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Lee got food poisoning that affected his play and Pemuda goes 'yapping' like LCW had lost to LD again.:D

Have your fun, it is ok.

It will be interesting to see whether Chen Long fares well in this tournament.

#118 X Ball, Mar 25, 2009
  19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    More importantly whether LCW could recover from what I would term as his "weak mental syndrome" to meet and defeat LD again. :rolleyes:

20. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Yes. Shall wait to see that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.