From 'whitewashing' to zero in less than 14 days

Discussion in 'India Open 2009' started by Pemuda, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    but i thot it was LYB's plan for CJ to lose. BTW, CJ didn't use food poisoning as a way out.

#201 cooler, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    drifit, i think i got your point. Nothing's wrong with putting doubt. He shouldn't take the risk and eat the 'boring' meals instead.However, as much as you wont put the blame on the tennis players' managers, i won't put the blame on Chong Wei either. Make it fair.

If he said he was having food poisoning, then let's assume he is. Unless somebody have facts to prove it wrong. His mistake is to turn it out as an excuse. No excuse for a lost. It's a lost.

p/s - cooler, You seemed excited enough. The number of posts in this thread should be a record, feel free to add on.
    Can we drop this? Differences mean differences. No one's right or wrong.

#202 koo_fan, Mar 26, 2009
  3. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Haish, the issue hasn't stop yet? LCW lost, period. He got food poisoning, period. He admit his fault for not being careful, period. People, no more "why"s la... if God decides you die tomorrow, you want to ask why also? 'why me? why not LCW?' LOL

Btw, CJ didn't use food poisoning basically because he got undebatable excuse directly from LYB :D ... oh, didn't someone mentioned he's one of the famous quitter too? which is far lame then got caught by a food poisoning...

4. francothegreat

francothegreat Regular Member

Just a Student
    well u have to consider the quality of their opponents too...all other players faced some unknown indian players while LCW had to face Chen Long whom we all know is certainly a sizable threat to any top 10 players today (ok mayb not Lin Dan since he has proven himself to be quite consistent in the past few months. or chen jin sine we all know conspiracies lurks but i digress). Mew Choo had to struggle b4 advancing to the 2nd round. I think food poisoning is quite a reasonable cause for his defeat.

as to how could LCW beat Chen Long with ease in the 1st game at all, none of us witnessed the game and cannot really comment on it. There are too many reasonable possibilities out there. LCW could have found weaknesses of Chen Long in the 1st few points and took full advantage of it and won it with ease, despite being poisoned and all. Chen Long earned most of his 7 points b4 the interval and his coach might have had the chance to tip his player. Chen Long and his coach might have worked up some strategies and got his weaknesses covered for the 2nd and the deciding game while LCW could not up his game any further due to the poison.

Well this is simply a reasonable conjecture of what might have happened but I do not want to discredit Chen Long for his amazing win. He won and that is that. Gongratulations! I have always liked and thot highly of this lad even b4 this victory :cool:

But I will not dismiss any possibilities that an outside force tipped the balance of the game in favor to the chinese. A win is a win, no doubt about it. Winning by exploiting opponents' weaknesses in complimentary to his own skills and clever shots is a glorious win. But we can, too, spare some mercy on LCW's defeat by maybe believing in his statement. He told the press that he was food poisoned and I believe him. I cannot think of a reason why he would want to lie tho...? All sportmen's interview post matches are credible arent they, they are certainly bound by certain principles of sportmenship. Or whats the point interviewing them? I believe that LCW is a humble player who is not afraid to admit his defeat if Chen Long beat him fair and square, i dont see the reason to lie here. Just my thot here

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    who is these player????:confused:...

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

lol, what i can say.....

7. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Can you or someone else tell me how many Sunrise tournaments there is & how many he has to play in. If he has to play this tournament due to contract, then he needs to seek advice, the contract is too onerous.

I don't see how this is relevant. If he loses next round or wins it makes no differenc to this discussion IMO

1.I looked at the results of D1 and the only other MAS players who lost lost to far superior players or to their teamate - Was he the only one affected therfore?

2.How long had they been staying on the hotel - bored of the food so quickly, and how different can outside food be? If this is the case then I hope they don't have the same hotel in August......

3.LCW is making an excuse in the last comment.

Pjswift: We will have to disagree (again!:D) I am afraid. CJ may have quit games against CHN players, but he would play until he was on one leg against other players......Is LD a quitter, is TH a quitter, Is LCW a quitter not to fight more against CL? The confidence thing is a debateable point, I would say it is lack of confidence as he feels he needs to enter the tournaments to get practice - if he is bored with a hotel a confident person would simply say I go home and train then come out when I want to play (Like Me).......Others may say LD lacks confidence as he is scared to enter tournaments in case he loses (Like you)

Every player has a manual of playing LCW, LD, BCL, TH, PG they have been around for years, everyone knows how they play. Yes CHN want to beat LCW, but they want to be IND, INA, ENG, DEN players just as much. Do you think MAS coaching staff DONT have "manual" on LD, BCL, PG, TH??

Overall like I said originally he lost because CL was the better player on the day. I am dissapointed LCW has now made the excuse as well as giving the reason for his loss. IMO he misunderestimated him, even an unwell LCW should be beating CL....

#207 jamesd20, Mar 26, 2009
  8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

#208 cooler, Mar 26, 2009
  9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I believe that Yonex Sunrise sponsors Macau,Hongkong SS,India and new MAS GP....( AE,,Taiwan or Japan Open are sponsored either by Yonex Japan or Yonex Europe)
    I do not know LCW's contract but like TH, he has to perform at least 8 SS and one or two tournaments as requested...for example like last SS Final where TH had pulled out but been asked to join back as LD/BCL or CJ did not participate....somehow they need big name for small tounaments to get more TV's right...
    If they miss 1 SS or play less than tournaments as they have agreed, it may cost the player US$ 10000 at least...

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Add on the posts, you are welcomed. Should be drop or not, we'll check it later.
    First, yes. You may post.

11. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    It is a sad state of affairs when Sponsors rule the player...unfortunately if they lose Yonex sponsorship the $$$ will be less.

I guess CHN didn't fulfil their obligations in missing so many tournaments?

12. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    We had a chance to see a newbie who had just beat a WR1 in a tournament.
    Sure his journey is worth to be followed.
    He played good in yesterday match, so , let's see what he can do next.

Yeah..I hope Tsuen Seng is capable, but Chen Long is no longer an ordinary newbie in this tournament.

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    well..of course not..same thing for INA or CHN....it is collective sponsorship but CHN deals with Yonex Japan direct , the rest of Asia deal with Yonex Sunrise ( except CHN,KOR or Taiwan) ..and again, like TH, he has a separate deal with Yonex also..thats why he has certain commitments with Yonex Sunrise....
    Like Tennis players, the fine is much bigger too like over US$ 100K if player like Serena did not commit the tournaments she signed unless she is injured or something...

Look at Candra Wijaya,also he has to play at this tournaments...;) same as HendfraAG/Alvent.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hmm, i remember hearing that quitting pbsi is the best thing TH did for himself, he can earn more money and have better control of his career. i guess they forgot the 'work to earn' part, and his new boss, the sponsors, are even more overseeing.

15. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Going off topic here, but I guess this means that the National associations are bending to the will of the companies unneccessarily?

16. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Relevant to the Future perhaps, but not to LCW's loss.

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i don't think so. PBSI can drop yonex if they wish when they can find a better sponsor. The china team did. Li Ning even allow CHN players to use yonex product in 09 AE. Also, from the latest photo, some chinese players still wearing yonex shoes.

18. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I believe so..look at Japan Open, now you understand why all players ( sponsored by Yonex) have to be there...of course CHN will send theirplayers this year to Japan Open but not obligated as much as before since CHN is sponsored by Li Ning now...

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

CL is still unseeded in this IO. If u say it was CL's first time to beat a WR #1, then yes, u r right, he is a newbie in this regard as only a few MS i know can beat the WR#1

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    who am i and how can i explain????:eek:
    i am not lcw
    i am not cl
    i am not umpire of lcw vs cl
    i not in india
    i not in the stadium
    i didnt watch the match....

so,conclusion is....how do i know?what can i know?:confused:

Thread Status: