2009 India Open: Day 4 (Quarter-Finals) Friday March 27

Discussion in 'India Open 2009' started by chris-ccc, Mar 26, 2009.

1. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

The Indonesian style forces Chinese MDs to expose their weakness in flat, fast exchanges. When facing a good offensive INA pair, in particular MK/HS, Chinese MDs usually do not have chance to use their power.

On the contrary, KOR and DEN pairs often turn into defense and no current pair can sustain the attack of Chinese MDs. (The last pair with great defense is Choong/Lee, before them Candra/Sigit -- these guys in good days can even return FHF's smashes with ease :eek:)

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Will HH be able to get rid of his yoyo tag?

Now ex-AE champion Hafiz Hashim (10) seems to be making steady progress and deserves some mention, especially when he is now the sole bearer of MAS MS flag by beating INA's Andre KurniawanTedjono who is seeded 5 ranks above him, 21-18 ,14-21, 21-16 in 52min. I think this is no small feat for HH to outlast the younger Andre. :p

He has succeeded so far when all his senior and junior countrymen have failed! At least he has proven that he is not a washout as many have predicted.

Can HH do the same to Chen Long also, the young man who knocked out LCW in R1? If HH succeeds, he would have redeemed a great deal of himself and deserves a great cheer from our Msia Boleh fans here! ;)

Good Luck to HH!:)

#222 Loh, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think CL vs HH is like 6:4 or 7:3. I would be very much surprised if HH can beat CL -- but on the other hand, it's not impossible, since HH has beaten BCL last year if I remember correctly.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Errrrr, his nickname is yoyo anyways. No big or small hopes expected from him anymore. If he was vs Taufik, dont think could have given Taufik the fight KBH gave.

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Wow, more drama ... May be both players will smash from game 1 to game 3 and all the way to 29 points on each game :D

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Eagle, please give him a chance to prove himself. He might surprise all of us.

Wouldn't you like to see him beat CL?

I hope he can just to show that he still has it in him to defeat CHN's brightest hope. :p

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Yep....:D I remembered at that time..all INA players went to watch this match ( they all know whats going on)....even chinese coach asked me why TH looked so mean and no smile at all playing his team mate....:(:D..now as TH is an independent player...TH will be Tommy's nightmare....

8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

So it seems you believe TH's superiority over Tommy? ;)

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    :D:D...I mean TH will have extra motivation to beat Tommy...regardless if Tommy can beat TH or not...I did see thta match..I had to say that TH was really mean....

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I too think it will be one-sided in TH's favour! ;)

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Uncle, I already say nicely. Many, many others will say much more sarcastic words, including the media. ;) :p

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I hope he can knock out CL in the SF so that others will have a kinder opinion of him.

As I recalled, HH has resolved to work harder after he became a father and left BAM, right? :p

Today is the first glimpse of his efforts ... more to come I hope... :D

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he is now stick with bam...thats why have the warning....;)

14. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Of course it is rare to see Malaysians to once again hoping to see him win.
    It hurts, you know?

The fire inside him now is to keep on staying in the team. After this, who knows what's gonna boost him up?
    He is lack of desire after the AE, it's a mistake he could not redeem.
    Anyway, i'd like to see him winning, it's still a great feeling. Play at your best, hafiz.

15. cheekygen

cheekygen Regular Member

HH must be sad reading such comment on him and for what he is today, no matter who is the opponent, he has no pressure. People expected him to lose anyway. Time is catching up and this would be the chance for him to break through before people label him as "veteran yoyo".

I don't think the sole motivation is to be retain in the national team. And it is not lack of desire ater AE either. Not even Misbun could identify the problem and help him in these couple of years... so if the coach & HH couldn't find out the reason why he is underperforming, how is he going to bounce back? He should consult a sports psychologist to help him to identify what are the root cause of his problem. For the mean time, its good to see him start winning again. Big or small win, it will booast his confidence.

Its sad to read sometimes how people and even the media label the players (who had contributed, sacrificed, won honor for the country) with "uncles, yoyo, monkey, veteran" etc..... why can't they be more sporting? and worst comment, wasting the taxpayer's money.

#235 cheekygen, Mar 27, 2009
  16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well..

..Taufik will face not only Tommy on the other side of the court but also Lius Pongoh, who'll help with the coaching; a 2 vs. 1 duel, ex-Pelatnas hero vs. Pelatnas...Let's see if Tommy will give Taufik some challenge this time around (last time they met, Taufik won in 2 games 23-21 and 21-15); should be an interesting battle ..:cool:

*KBH did slightly better though, this time around, giving Taufik a run for his money. The last time they met, KBH lost meekly, in 2 games, during last yr's Macau Open.

#236 ctjcad, Mar 27, 2009
  17. dawei

dawei Regular Member

Best of Luck Singapore!:):):) Best of Luck Zhang Beiwen!:):):)

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    slightly better???:rolleyes:...ya....28 others points for taufik...;)....th gave him back 15 points...:p

19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Hey...good to see someone having this view.

Down to earth is when you talked about something real. Hafiz is the one who need to get himself back.Remarks are quite harsh, maybe. But all are the truth. He is indeed yoyo-ing.

But i do hope he can win now. Support, yes. Expecting the win, no.

As for "yoyo, monkey, uncles" - fans are being friendly, you know?

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Of course it should be one sided. Tommy vs Tan Chun Seang was one sided in TCS's favour until 18-15 in the 2nd, when Tan got carried away too much .....:p