From 'whitewashing' to zero in less than 14 days

Discussion in 'India Open 2009' started by Pemuda, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Wow! I was away for work in Singapore for 2 days and this thread exploded.

Anyway, back to you ...

Please read my posting again. I did not say CL is a better shuttler than LCW. I said CL beat LCW because he was a better shuttler on that day.

As per your football Brazil v France with France winning 1-0 based on 'an offside goal' thingy ... are you implying that CL beat LCW illegally??

As for em' Brazillian's samba and passing skills, if you have played an organised sport before, you will know one thing, the decision of the match official is final. In football, you can do them Hollywood passes, flicks, fancy footwork all day long but if you cant put that ball into the net, you dont win. Its very simple. This is what football is about, not a circus - if you like watching ball skills and tricks.

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Based on your theory then, most of us here will say Rudy Hartono is not a badminton legend because most of us did not have a chance to watch him play before and thus have no 'PROOF' how great Rudy was :eek:

And I believe most of us here have never watched Pele or George Best in action before. On your theory, we cant say they were legends since we got no 'PROOF' :eek:

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Captain,

Those are lyrics to a Malaysian song, Hijau written by Zainal in Bahasa Malaysia. Am sorry, there is no cover version of Hijau in English just like U2's Pride, you wont find a Bahasa or Tamil version for it.

5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    a simple translation of what it means will be adequate.
    thanks.

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You are right. It is not easy being LCW. Life is hard, tough and unfair. Got a Datuk title and a life pension for a few titles as compared to Eddy Choong, Tan Aik Huang & co. I agree it is a hard life walking around with a Datuk title and a comfy pension for life.

Compare LCW to those working under the sun i.e. padi farmers, labourers, rubber tappers ... life is so so so much harder for LCW.

Compare LCW with those recently laid off, unemployed and homeless ... LCW is having a harder time.

Walk into any hospitals ICU ward, LCW's life is so much unfair and tough as compared to the patients there.

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Ok Boss aka friend, I will translate it myself later today.

8. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction

Thanks....................

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Of course not....I meant that because LN got this deal it will be good for badminton.

Yes I will be moving them soon:crying:

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Sorry guys n gals, I was away for 2 days and kinda lost track with this LCW's defeat saga.

First I heard, LCW said he had something which is not right in the flight from Switzerland.

Then someone said food poisoning will kick in 2 hours after consuming whatever that was contaminated.

2 hours ... things dont kinda make sense because unless LCW teleported (Star Trek style) from the plane to the badminton stadium, the 2 hours theory is kinda flimsy at best.

Then I read LCW said he was bored with the hotel food and went out to sample some masala tosai and tomato chutney and got the food poisoning from there instead.

So, which is which la?? In flight food or restaurant food??? :eek::eek: Or is it both?? :eek::eek: Maybe LCW got hit with a double dose of food poisoning. Poor guy.

And the best part was I read yesterday that LCW also claimed the officials in the India Open are not 'up to standards'.

For the India Open, it was 'bad luck' all the way for LCW, he was hit with the first food poisoning when he had his meals on the plane. No wonder during the 'teleportation' process, his hair was changing colour! Then when he got to his hotel, he was bored with the food there. And he got hit with the 2nd and more severe food poisoning when he consumed food at some restaurant. But LCW being a fighter and all, he played CL no matter what. He didnt want to give CL a walkover. However, the officials were 'poor in quality' and their decisions denied him some points and thus he lost.

This is a good lesson and experience for BAM and the shuttlers. BAM together with NSC and the Sports Ministry ought to hire an expensive foreign consultant firm to conduct trainings and seminars for our shuttlers teaching them the the dos and donts while travelling and eating in foreign countries, espeically countries like India, Cambodia etc etc. Or they can engage my 15 year old cousin brother who went to India for a holiday with his parents two years ago. The boy was very careful with what he ate and drank there.

#250 Pemuda, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

agree with this;)

12. george@chongwei

look at the sentence nicely;)

I could have beaten him under normal circumstances but this was just one of those day

he said that that day is just not his day that he had been rocked by food poisoning. not like chen long, he got eat 'po ji yuan':p
    ya know, food poisoning can come to anyone and at anytime. U wont know when u will get it.

13. george@chongwei

but 'someone' here so confidently said that its the food that are in the plane:rolleyes:

14. george@chongwei

did he stated other player's name too except mew choo?;):D

15. george@chongwei

food poisoning and lyb's plan at the same time.:D
    MAYBE the china press is smarter, they kept this secretly in their country:p, but chong wei is wr1, that's why anything small matter, the media will come to him.
    even 'someone' here so kan chiong untill wanna open a new thread:rolleyes:

16. george@chongwei

not to worry, as we all stated and know before, if one has stomach upset/food poisoning, and the next day/hours u will play a badminton match, what will you feel if u are chong wei? not saying underestimated CL, wow, did u said even an unwell chong wei should be beating CL?
    CL is the junior champion/wr1, while chong wei is wr1 in senior stage..:p
    what for chong wei wanna underestimate him? i think chong wei would want to win this badly as earlier before this in local press, he had stated that he will do his very best in this india open. unfortunately, food poisoning eventually hit him. just as easy as that:cool: once again, i disagree with you:D

17. george@chongwei

18. george@chongwei

please compare apple to apple, dude;)

19. george@chongwei

this is somehow very true sometimes in reality or here;):rolleyes:

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    no names, i did read from an news article (which i didnt post since there are so many of them already) that lcw had said he believed others players / coaches who ate with lcw, would be affected too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.