How to string Babolat X-Feel Series?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by pejantan, Mar 30, 2009.

1. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

guys ...anybody here have an experience bout how to string babolat xfeel series? i thing it s totally different that yonex

thanx

2. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

I have Babolat X-Feel Blast, and it is no problem for stringing it.

Just follow the instruction 20 / 21 pattern, and the due to the main-pattern, eventhough you use 1-string method, it will be always from top for "cross"

3. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

would u please put a pic here?

4. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

gak perlu boss ......

no necessary, you can download here

and see the stringing pattern for which racquets that you have ......

5. SAMUDERAINDIA

SAMUDERAINDIA Regular Member

Finance Manager
    I just bought babolat booster max with 20/21 stringing pattern as well.

However my string broke after 2 hours of playing. I used BG 80 at 23 lbs

I think less string to hold the tension makes it more vulnerable.

I love my new racket but I dont like its 20/21 pattern

6. jerrykkr

jerrykkr New Member

Government official
    thks a lot. I just need that document.

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

My way

Had a request from a stringer who's having trouble decyphering the Bab official instructions, so here's how I would do an X-Feel. (I hope any owners/stringers will correct me if this doesn't work - it's been a while since I've had one of these through, and the grommetless 3/9 areas may only admit in one direction - I can't remember.)

You'll have a short side (pink), roughly 3.25 m, and a long side (blue). With the short side, do the mains as normal, then go in go in at the third cross, moving upward, and tie off at the topmost knot. With the long side, do the mains as usual, then go in at the fourth cross and move down the racket, tying off at the bottom-most knot.

I hope somebody will try this and report back!

Attached Files:

• XF.jpg
      XF.jpg
      File size:
      76.2 KB
      Views:
  8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Works just fine - a bit unusual and confusing the first time, but from what I can tell so far, very 'lively'. Takes a bit less string than normal stringing patterns, probably ~0,7m less.
    PS: Clamping when transitioning is a bit awkward - you have only one clamp free, but need to clamp on the other side. I clamped around the middle cuz there was just no other way, but if you double pull the next string, the tension should be fine. Feels okay, anyway.

#8 j4ckie, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Ah, yes - I took for granted that people would have a starting clamp! Whoops:eek:.

If you have one, you can use it to hold the long side at the last main while you deal with the short side and tie off. With regard to a starting clamp, a lot of badminton-only stringers won't have one, but IMO it's a good investment - I use mine for pulling knots tight and flattening the end of a string to get it through troublesome shared holes.

10. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

^^Or you can use a flying clamp if you have one.

11. Koyukii

Koyukii Regular Member

Student
    I have already strung once and, normally, on babolat factory strung rackets, they do a 2-piece stringing with 3 knots at the top. I don't remember where but it is obvious.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah, at that tension (22/23) it should be fine...didn't think to use it at the long side, though :D but they sure help if you pre-weave your crosses, save me ~5-10 minutes I guess

13. chinavip

chinavip Regular Member

Student
  14. Pete Barnfield

Pete Barnfield New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to restring a Babolat X-Feel racket for the first time and could do with some help. The pdf files links to the Babolat website all seem to be broken now. Does anyone have the PDF files that they could share in this forum?

I've read through all the above and I'm uncertain whether to restring with one string or two strings. I usually do other rackets (like Yonex) with 2 strings and I've never done 1 string. I also only have 2 flying clamps and no starting clamp.

Does anyone have anymore information that could help me get started?

Many thanks.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

If you have only 2 clamps, they're gonna be tricky. It's been a while since I had one in my hands, but from what I remember they're impossible to do with only 2 flying clamps. Best would be to get a starting clamp, that'll give you way more utility than an additional flying one.
    If possible, it would be with a 2-piece job, because iirc the mains tie of on a shared grommet at the top, and if you do a top-down job and pre-weave that part before tying the know it might be possible, if suboptimal. I would generally not advise doing one piece jobs without fixed clamps.

16. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

Just out curiosity if doing 2 pieces why not start bottom up? Is it because it might not be possible to attach the knot at the top since there's already 2 knots from the mains?

17. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Important question may be: How old are they?

There are quite a lot of Babolat rackets around here, but so far I didn't see any that had to be strung one piece. I can see that Babolat doing that though. The more recent (last four years) X-Feel rackets have to be strung two piece though....

Most Babolat rackets I've seen have 20 mains (knots at the top, some with Yonex loop, some without, probably doesn't matter too much) and 21 crosses and should be strung bottom to top.

Without knowing which racket (they stick with those names for a long time), nobody will be able to really help you. I do have some .pdf files on my laptop, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

18. Pete Barnfield

Pete Barnfield New Member

Thanks so far... The racket is only about a year old - it's an X-Feel Essential. Tonight I tried doing it with 2 strings but it was difficult getting the cross strings in at the top holes because the other strings were covering. I used a small screwdriver to lever them out the way, which worked for most of them, but just before the last one, I damaged the string with the screwdriver and, "ping", the string broke! I'm now wondering whether to try the one string method as it looks like that one needs less trying to get access to the "hidden holes".

Any advice very welcome!

Thanks.

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The tie-off for the mains is at a shared grommet. If you tie off the mains before you put the cross string through that grommet, you won't be able to get the cross through later. That's how I remember it, at least.

20. Babar

Babar Regular Member

I think they are talking about x-feel rackets which does not have any share hole ;)
    The problem could be similar though.