2009 India Open: Day 6 (Finals) Sunday March 29

Discussion in 'India Open 2009' started by chris-ccc, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

oh, thanks once again for your calculations of my postings, Mr Accountant/Mr.Professor;)

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

........ 15,000

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

All except LCW!!!
    Tell me about their training schedule.EG how many % is allocated for gym work to build stamina and fitness and how much time for skills?
    How to deduce MAS fail in stamina? Well, just analyse MAS second line like ckb, cwf,dl,tcs...Usually they can beat their R1 opponent, even their magnificent CHN MS counterparts but when it's the third consecutive match, they're likely to lose,even if their opponents' not particularly strong.MAS MS skills are super but stamina is gonna be an increasingly important factor in winning towards the end of a tournament.
    Then note what PG commented about DL.He said DL's physical condition needs to improve to go further.But what did coach Rashid said about DL's loss?Rashid said it's because DL is lacking mentally.When the coach himself cannot tell that his players' basic shortcoming is physical,then his players will be going nowhere however exquisite their skills.The mental part is hard to tell.More often, a player may lose while leading because of inexperience, or no special training in finishing, not necessarily mental.So to find out whether it's mental, the player must first be tested to be physically super fit.EG, if TCS had been super fit, he wouldn't have lost to TS in IO.He ran out of steam in G3.Sure he had a tougher match than TS earlier but that's what super fitness is all about.So that he would be still fresh the next day after a gruelling match before.Do you think LCW would have been able to beat LD comfortably in SO MSF if he had not been superfit?LD had easy matches;LCW had two marathons just before MSF.
    If MAS MS have been slogging with poor progress in stamina,then maybe they should re-examine their training mix.Maybe 20% gym work for stamina and fitness and 80% for skills,etc.With experimenting, MAS can find the magic formula but that may also vary with each player.Some require more gym work,some less.
    But what's the point of sending players with enough stamina to last 3 matches instead of 5? CHN MS won mostly because of stamina.At least the CHN coaches got that right.MAS coaches masih tidur there.

4. george@chongwei

wow, speechless..not yet..no need kan chiong.;)
    ok, now i know its your favorite part in the forum.. reply to pjswift now. i know u want to;)

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...so....u DONT KNOW how they train...:rolleyes:...AND YET....u claim ALL MALAYSIAN PLAYER EXCEPT LEE CHONG WEI have stamina problem eh?:eek:...
    let me tell u something...dont relate anything with STAMINA...if u want some proof,i can give u....
    need not to mention senior squad....in our junior squad....iskandar...played 15 matches...include ms,md and xd....in 5 days....he reached 2 finals....ms and xd
    and stil manage to won the ms titles...match duration is 446 minutes(excluded 2 final tat didnt have stat;))
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...6666BFE-F4DE-42A1-A431-7B695A33B384&player=40
    and the following week...he played 11 matches....and win the back to back ms junior titles...match duration 353 minutes
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...792808A-60BB-42B8-9C2B-4C415BB2F03F&player=66

not to mention others example....this alone enough to proof....its ok if u think junior match and senior match is different...and if u think mas ms skill are super...i can tell u...not everyone...;)

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    It was not fitness that floored TCS. He was too overconfident, made mistakes, and when he lost the 2nd, failed to mentally regroup.

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Why dont you debate / argue your points objectively rather than having em' caps all over the place? Just because you find her opinions not to your liking, throwing a rant is not the solution.

Do this for now, put your points across to her objectively. At the end of the day, facts are facts.

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    too high after upsets....:p...its ok....as i say...dont too confident to comment something u didnt not witness....;)...peace...

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i have my RIGHTS on decide how to reply her....is anything in my post related to u????:rolleyes:...
    facts????what facts????show me....where????all malaysian player except lee chong wei lost to chinese player in a 10km marathon????:confused:

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Bro,

Sometimes mistakes are made because of poor fitness. I can only relate from my experience playing football. We may think we are fit but when we compare ourselves against the likes of the Koreans, for example, we are pretty novice and they with their superior fitness will expose us after 70 minutes and thats when we start making mistakes and we will panic and breakdown mentally after that.

I believe it is the same in badminton, it helps if you are super fit.

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I dont dispute your rights to reply. I am suggesting rather than throwing a rant and use a bunch of caps, why dont you debate your points across to her objectively? Throwing a tantrum is not the right alternative.

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Most of MAS failures you usually attribute to mental aspects.By the third game,a lot of shots may go haywire,maybe mental, maybe physical but TS definitely had the freshness advantage there.
    I don't think MAS MS second line can survive the third marathon match.And here we have limsy giving examples of stamina using some junior in local tournaments as proof.
    MAS MS stamina levels generally is a joke.If MAS wants to compete internationally,MAS would be better off to use the CHN standard for reference.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes...and i show the example of iskandar....every reader will have know that is my points...unless someone is blind....cant understand that malaysian player can play a total of 26 matches in 2 consecutive tournament and eventually won the back to back ms title....do ALL MALAYSIAN PLAYER
    EXCEPT LEE CHONG WEI have stamina problem????the answer is :NO;)

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha....local tournament eh???when german become part of malaysia????when dutch is a part of malaysia???
    iskandar even beat the one tat remain UNBEATEN in europe team championship(the one tat denmark won in february)....martin pedro...
    dont live in ur own world....;)...u never click on the link i give....

oh....i didnt quote the sentence abt the mas ms stamina is a joke....haiya....stupid limsy

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Calm down limsy. This is no life or death debate. So, calm down please. And please cut down on em' caps.

Ok, you mentioned that 26 matches thingy in 2 consecutive tournaments. Thats a start, good. And what are these 2 tournaments??

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    just click on the link i give....in tat post....and please....dont learn someone...claim the german junior and dutch junior tournament as local tournament...we might get sue...;)...

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Come on limsy, thats not a nice thing to say to someone.

You have put up the German & Dutch Opens and Iskandar as your facts. Stick to this rather than attacking someone personally.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh...sorry...i cant...someone claiming dutch and german is a part of malaysia will invite terible things to happen...ie:both nation sue mas....disallow their resident to visit malaysia....and disallow economy activity between both nation....tat is a serious problem u know....and now the economy is bad...u know that....:(...:crying:...

19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Pjswift, you have your views and I have mine. Let's keep it at that. We agree to disagree.

I saw TCS at work and he has lost like this before. Two years ago he was also like this and celebrated much too early, just like how he did with Tommy Sugiarto.

I have also seen dead tired players win. It was not physical stamina that made them win.

20. george@chongwei

malaysia boleh to u!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.