the sky is falling!!!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by silentheart, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    this thread is heading to the direction of being locked. so please beware what you say.

discuss with respect, civility, reason and logic. finger pointing do not make good discussion.

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    let the number speaks for itself. Looks like America have the appetite now. The world need it. ;)

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..all on the U.S.??..

Mr. T,
    If you were to ask me, i'd rather have a leader of a president who's more concerned about his/her people than one who's more concerned about what other nations are thinking or judging and try to enact policies to please them.
    Personally, i'd rather have a president or leader like Bush than BO. One who is concerns about the people's interest, safety and well being first, rather than other countries' interest. Mr. BO is doing all of his foreign policy stuff because of one thing: worried about how the rest of the world judging the U.S. Why is that??
    Question back: if you have a leader, would you want him to worry about your own well being, suffering and concern? Or worry about what other nations are judging?

As for the CIA harsh interrogation (with Bush, Cheney et al), i wonder what would those people sitting in the ICJ would do if the same terrorists were to attack their country? Sit still and let them be?? Talk about double standard.

As for the Iraq war, we can only judge it down the line. 20, 30, 50 yrs from now.

Again, if you read & understand, it was the current president's own party's people who've caused this mess and are now trying to salvage it back (through bailout/stimulus money etc.) See Fannie and Freddie. Don't read with one eye shut.

*jbchiong: JM or BO?? The result, well, reality is, it was more of the people's own emotion than anything else. They all saw the catastrophe (financial crisis) coming and thought the Great Communicator would be the one to "save" the crisis.
    Well, i hope they're seeing it now..

One more thing to share. This is what makes America great, the country it is & the envy of the world. It is how it's supposed to be and the reason behind this well known saying:
    "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."
    Ronald Reagan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DioQooFIcgE (watch towards the end, guess which way is the U.S. gong now; i hope this is not the plan of the current U.S. president & admin team).

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I think more Americans support BO. Sure there are those who disagree with his stewardship. Also more non-Americans now support BO. Whether it is the domestic populace or the rest of the world, the general opinion is he is doing well. Compare that with Bush, either among Americans or the rest of the world, the difference is embarrassingly huge.
    Now, please explain.

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Master Chris,

It's not pleasing others but building consensus with other countries, in order to get things done. :D

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well..

..it is still early (what, still less than 100 days of his office), esp. with the liberal happy media pushing him through & i hope Mr. BO is not going the Jimmy Carter route. We know what happened then..
    Like i mentioned, the recent Gen. Election and result was an emotional one..

#1026 ctjcad, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Can we just get back to the original topic. It's the economy and how our messiah is going to take us down to the salvation?

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Of course the economy will pick up. It is a matter of time. With BO it will be faster than when under the old guard. Even with no stimulus it will still recover but only after America has been "flattened", "drowned", and much poorer. With stimulus, the recovery will be faster and America will still be hurt but not mortally wounded, as would otherwise be the case if it were to be left to die.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    taneepak, please don't think, please research and give us tangible and real statistic and data or better yet, listen to what educated amercians has to say about BO.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009
    Obama's popular support slipping amid economic crisis: poll
    Washington: US President Barack Obama's popular support is slipping amid the deepening economic crisis, according to a poll released here Tuesday.

The survey by Pew Research Center for the People & the Press showed Obama's approval rating falling to 59 percent from 64 percent in February.

It also found that the percentage of Americans who disapprove of the president's job performance rising to 26 percent from 17 percent in the previous poll.

"Obama's approval rating has slipped, as a growing number of Americans see him listening more to his party's liberals than to its moderates, and many voice opposition to some of his key economic proposals," the Pew Center said.

One reason for the slip of support could be that a plurality sees Obama aligned more with the liberal wing of his party as he pushes an agenda that calls for broad increases in government spending and taxes.

Pew found that Americans think, 44 percent to 30 percent, that the president listens more to liberals than to moderates in his party.

In January, 44 percent felt he listened more to moderates and 34 percent to liberals.

The Pew survey was conducted among 1,308 adults last Monday through Thursday.

Other surveys have also showed the president losing some support as he starts to flesh out his governing agenda.

A McClatchy-Ipsos poll last week found that Obama's approval rating had dropped from 69 percent to 65 percent.

Source: Indo-Asian News Service
    -----------------------------------------------------------

here is what one other american has to say

MoDramaObama#2
    Tuesday, 17 March 2009 21:33:14
    Well, as his pastor would say, "The chickens have come to roost!" Obama's in way over his head and he knows it...It was only a matter of time before his popularity started to drop...He's a master orator with no substance, no experience, and no extensive track record...Palin had more experience..He's an emperor with no clothes...a pied piper who was able to mesmerize a large number of people with his rhetoric, only now people are beginning to realize he's leading them down the wrong path...Not only are his economic policies dangerous, but having him in charge of our national defense as well as dealing with terrorists we've captured is even scarier!

If we get hit with a terrorist attack in the next 4 years, he'll be a one term President...Maybe he'll get lucky and find Osama Bin Laden...Perhaps he can get Reverend Wright to come out of retirement and say something stupid to get the American people's attention off his drop in his approval ratings and the problems he's had in the first 3 months of being President..He hasn't gotten off to a very good start naming a tax cheat and tax dodger as his Secretary of the Treasury-that was a brilliant move...having 2 major appointment have to drop out because of legal issues...another one withdraw because he didn't agree with Obama's policies...and now we have pictures popping up all over the Internet showing him with Blagojevich at a variety of functions when he claimed he barely knew the guy...Stay tuned...I'm sure there's more to follow..

#1029 cooler, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i agree with you on this part that BO is an excellent communicator and can open up opportunities to patch up some rocky roads US had bulit by previous gov'ts with other nations. However, a great leader can not lead alone, he must be surrounded by a team of talents and it is his team that scares me more than BO. Guys like chavez, putin, and terrorists hamas may like obama now but these guys maybe just putting on a smiling face. :)

11. silentheart

I agree with the point of great leader can not lead alone.
    However, a great motivation speaker does not make a great leader. And that is all his. All talk and wrong fixes.

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

You seem to jump to the conclusion that Chavez, Putin are in the same category as Hamas and terrorists. No wonder, we have so much misunderstanding.
    BTW, did you see Chavez walking to BO to shake his hand and proposing that the US and Venezuela re-establish diplomatic relations? Chavez called Bush a donkey. Do you agree?

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Cooler, as usual you cannot see the forest for the trees. I have said most Americans agree with BO. You are saying anything above 50% for BO is not good enough. You are claiming educated Americans are against BO. If so how do you classify educated Americans? Where do you get the statistics? Cooler's statistics?
    Now, here is one perspective you may want to look from. Tell me, when a country's economy is crashing down, how many leaders can stay above the 50% popularity vote? If Bush had stayed the vote would be less than 1%.
    Again, think big; don't waste time looking for a missing comma here, a missing colon there or a misplaced semi-colon. Look at the big picture. Nickpicking can prevent one from greatness.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

I said BO's poll slipped right after election. I'm not discrediting the statistic that BO still have 59% support at the time of that poll. As ctjcad's link on form of government video showed, having democracy (+50%)support doesn't mean u r doing things right. Ex., during the tech boom, ~95% of investors lost money while only a minority made money. This show that majority can be wrong. I would say US economy luck out because other world economies (russia, iceland, EU, SE asia, etc) were more rickidy than the US economy when shaken.

15. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Cooler, may I remind you the words you use are at the start of the second quote above "tan ee pak, pls don't think, pls research......listen to what educated Americans have to say about BO". The rest of your quote is just copying from other sources, nothing about your claim in your above first quote. Cooler, once the horse has bolted, you cannot bring it back and claim that your race never started. That is clearly cheating.

16. extremenanopowe

17. silentheart

He copy the quote to back up what he post.What is wrong with that? Unlike many of your posts, your quotes are just biased or wrong. Even many post you have nothing to back you up with. That give you no credibility at all. So please research and listen to people who are more educated than you before you speak and ask the right questions.

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

No, he did not copy the quote to back up what he posted, because what he posted is the opposite of what he copied. It is plagiarism wrongly used to cover one's own tell tail tracks.
    You seem to be be very easily upset and very emotional by what I write, as can be seen from the many tell tail signs of your being very rude and personal. I would suggest you stay cool and discuss things in a rationale and objective manner. Why is this so difficult?

19. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Who would that be?

20. extremenanopowe

wow... BOA is doing good. You still think its bad huh? Sun is gone. Oracle swallowed it. So no more bad news from Sun. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.