INA's squad for Sudirman Cup 2009

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2009' started by Sandy, Apr 7, 2009.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    :D..well.....
    Even INA can challenge China in final, I think CHN will win....
    there is so many changes in INA badminton...coaches, etc and it may affect them as I can not say too much here...
    a. Maria, Sony and Kido are still hampered by injuries.
    b. Old players are not there like Vita/Flandy/Alvent/TH/or Candra Wijaya..

Basically, INA badminton will be more stable next year after those players get used to new programs, rules and other factors..

2. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    I just hope all player in the team can give the best for their country, Indonesia..

Perhaps there is so many problem in pelatnas, pbsi etc, keep spirit to fight for indonesia..

SEMANGAT!

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

all the best to ina's sudirman cup squad to for this year sudirman cup;)

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

INA's line up suggests that if they are not going to win SC, they might as well field young ones to give them exposure (even once can make a big difference) for next year's TC and UC.
    The experienced players are either recovering from injuries (MCY,MK,SDK) or on decline with age (FL and NW of the XDs) If say,INA cannot get points from them,what chance is there to win SC? Might as well treat it as experience opportunity for the young.Still,INA's been known to surprise,so all the best to INA.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..chances for the INA squad??..

..well, i'm not very pessimistic. In fact, more of a realist. Very realistic of what they could and/or could not accomplish.:cool:
    As for TH, in my eyes, he's still INA #1 MS player, despite his world ranking and no longer part of INA national squad. #2 would be Sony.
    Yes, if the trend continues and the veterans stay still in the national squad, what will happen to the future of the national squad.
    ..guys, if you need proof of INA's chances, take a look at the INA squad's last 2 Sudirman Cup appearances. Yes, they reached the Finals round but guess what were the scoreline (check on wikipedia if don't know)? And those were with the above names (veteran players) included...

6. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    INA have same squad from year to year..

7. badadum

badadum Regular Member

And what are the chances of the present team even getting to the final? Most here seemed to peg either KOR or DEN to meet china in the final (depending on group drawing), despite the poll. :cool:

I already stated my point. INA needs to send the best team they've, which in your own accord, will need to include TH as INA #1 MS. Wanting to groom the young players is all fine and dandy, but there's SS and GP tourney to do that...not a tourney where national pride is in play.

Lets put it this way, what's the chances of china not including LD in the their team?

The veteran should stay there until the youngsters proven they can unseat the veterans. Its not like the INA veterans is a bunch of dead weight who won't win anymore title anyway.

#47 badadum, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  8. badadum

badadum Regular Member

That's exactly my point Hauge. The players chosen in the Sudirman Cup's team are the best players available in PELATNAS. They're not the best players in INA.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well..

- Even if INA would reach the Finals round, again, what's the difference between finishing 2th or 3rd or 4th or 5th place?? All they can do is stare up and down the winning team on the podium.
    As long as INA could stay in the main group for the next Sudirman Cup, they should be happy.
    - I stated INA's true #1 MS is still Taufik. However, i never mentioned PBSI should include him or other veteran players, or those left-overs from the previous Sudirman Cup team, in this yr's Sudirman Cup team or future team events.
    - What are the chances of China not including LD in their team? I don't know. But my feeling is, even without his presence, they would probably still win the Sudirman Cup.
    - In INA's case, if the veterans should stay and stick around until the youngsters can prove they can unseat the veterans, how long will that be?
    Personally, i don't see any INA MS player(s) or pair(s) who can really unseat their current active veterans, other than the veterans themselves resigning/retiring. Do you see any of those potentials??..

As a recall, CHN beat INA 3-0 in the 2007 SC, and did it by beating INA at their own game, by winning 2 of INA's best events.

Again, back to my questions:
    1. If anyone feels PBSI should include TH and other veteran players in the Sudirman Cup squad, please explain the reason?
    2. If the reason is so that they have a chance to win the cup, how realistic of a chance do they have?
    ..actually, Hau-ge's point is: Out with the old and in with the new..Time to move on..:cool:

#49 ctjcad, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  10. badadum

badadum Regular Member

I already stated my reason Chris. I believe INA needs to muster their best team, and like it or not, that best team will have to include TH as INA best MS. INA WD of Vita/Butet can provides a good battle against any of the China's WD, while Mel/Shendy still lacking and probably will got steamrolled. Flandy/Vita is still an elite XD as well.

Lets be frank, what's the chances of ENG or MAS or KOR to win it the Sudirman Cup? It won't be more than 5-10% more of INA's chances. Does that mean they should start sending their young 2nd tier player as well? Replaced PG and TR with their younger counterparts and let JJS fulfil his duty to defend his motherland..... and DEN and KOR chances are left pretty bleak. What's the point of having a Sudirman Cup, if countries would only send their 2nd tier player?

Hauge was pointing out that the current team already includes the best players, my point is they're the best players in Pelatnas, not in INA.

11. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Chris, Badadum has a point in having the best lineup possible, if only to show seriousness of intent. From a fan's perspective, I would agree with him.

Of course, from the perspective of grandeur in Malaysia at least, the Sudirman Cup has not reached the same pinnacle as the Thomas and Uber Cups. Yet it is still not acceptable for us not to parade our best lineup. Even if the title is out of reach, which it isn't, there is still pride to be gained for finishing 2nd, 3rd etc. Especially when playing in the dragon's domain.

By all means, blooding the younger squad as Hauge mentioned is perfectly acceptable (and makes sense as well given INA's situation). But if fielding players for experience is the main goal, wouldn't it be better if the injured players be given a break for healing instead of bringing them along?

There has to be focus, the fact that some injured players are still in the squad shows that INA actually still harbours hopes of success, yet the squad depth (on paper) is not strong enough to mount a real challenge.

12. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Well, when it comes to big matters as 'defending the pride of his motherland, Indonesia', Taufik has disappointed me, and probably entire people of Indonesia, big time, TWICE.

First, Thomas Cup 2008. Yes, the one that was held in our home ground, Gelora Bung Karno stadium. Indonesia vs Thailand. INA fielded Taufik. Our neighbour fielded 17 y.o. Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk (have ever heard his name before? ;)). On paper, Taufik could've wrapped up the game in straight sets, and INA might win a straight 3-0.
    And the result was? Taufik humiliated himself in front of many loyal INA fans with a straight sets. I didn't have to tell you how INA people responded his defeat, did I? :p

Second, the Olympic Games, Beijing 2008. Every INA people had high hopes on him. Result? He packed up right after his first match.

And I think no one will disagree that both Olympic and Thomas Cup are two big events in badminton. When our nation's pride is at stake. ;)

Now, if in any way, he is finally admitted as part of INA's Sudirman Team, are you certain that he won't disappoint us for the 3rd time? :rolleyes:

13. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    I still remember when he play in TC 2008 againts lee hyun ill and he Lost!
    I still mad with the match! Taufik so "tidak niat".. And i very dissapointed to him at that time so much..

14. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Oh no argument here, in fact I posted before that it was much better to send Simon to OG rather than a no-stamina TH, who just recovered from a fever to boot. Same thing with TC, he's definitely off-form (thanks to being busy campaigning for the in-law instead of training).

But TH's form has been good in the last couple of months and Sony isn't exactly in tip top shape himself, while Simon's result has been dissapointing. I do believe this time he'll be an upgrade over the other 2.

15. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    I want to correct something here..
    Thomas cup 2008 was held in ISTORA SENAYAN. Gelora Bung Karno stadium is for football match..
    TC '08 (INA v THA), if Taufik won against Tanangsok, the score would be 2-1 for INA, not 3-0. After Sony lost the 1st game against Boonsak..
    For Olympic, a week before Olympic started, Taufik got opnamed in hospital after got high fever..

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Taufik can only win..^^

..actually he can no longer win against the big boys!!
    He can only win in a GP or GP Gold type tourneys or exhibition type events, where the best of the best players are missing. Period!!
    So, stop hoping & expecting for Taufik to deliver the goods!!
    ..i am still fully and wholeheartedly respectfully disagree, given what they've shown in the last 2 editions of the Sudirman Cup. If they can't muster any better result than those 2, which i'm sure you are expecting the same, i still no reason to add any veteran players.
    Time to move on and groom up the younger players. It's for their own good!

As for Hau-ge's point, whether those player are the best players Pelatnas/PBSI has, his main point is still: for the good and betterment of the INA squad, it's time to expose those youngsters. Basically, INA is going into this yr's Sudirman Cup for trial & error & experience purposes, no big expectation. If they advance far, great, if not, great also.
    ..and if the younger players don't produce or show any improvement, how long will they field & trot out the "best players" out there?? 2, 4, 6, 8 more yrs??:confused:

#56 ctjcad, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  17. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Unless your definition of "big boys" is LD alone, I think TH can still score a victory against the top players. Heck, he did beat LCW twice late last year and gave a very close entertaining fight in SO, as well as beating PG in AE this year. ;)
    Let's put it this way, I'm expecting Taufik to deliver better performance than Sony or Simon. :eek:

I'm questioning why on earth INA wants to treat Sudirman Cup as you put it "trial & error & experience purposes" ??? What's next? Are you going to send your 2nd team to TC and UC just because the chances to win = slim??

As stated before, there're plenty of opportunity to expose the junior players. Lets start at GP and SS levels first and make sure they performs.
    Now if you're questioning why INA doesn't send more of their junior players to GP and SS tourneys....well, money's a bit hard to come by these days for all of us. :(

18. pramana

pramana Regular Member

Bottom line:
    There is nothing more to offer at this moment. The highest target is probably Semi Final. If they can pass South Korea, I think it is more than accomplishment :rolleyes:

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    to me
    th is still better than sdk.;)
    hehe,yes,sdk is wc silver medalist,he is better than lcw tat never enter wc final;),so,sdk is good enough to beat lcw;):D
    sdk can beat psh,as and bp.
    facing others,he still have chance

#59 limsy, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

SDK can contribute winning point if INA meets ENG, JPN, HKG and DEN. Not sure against KOR, since he lost to Park Sung Hwan twice last year (ABC 2008 and Thomas Cup semifinal). And it'll be tough chance against MAS and CHN with their top-gun, Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan respectively.