Li Ning - China's New Sponsor

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by kevinboy, Feb 5, 2009.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Don't think there is anything wrong with Yonex, except LN wants a piece of the market beginning with CHN since baddy is popular in CHN and potentially a big market. Once LN has products with quality that can take on Yonex (by cloning, copying, etc), with the top players endorsing/wearing/using them, simply drop the price lower than Yonex will give Yonex headache but good for baddy fans. Yonex bread and butter comes from baddy...LN products are spread out over more sports, therefore LN can use revenue from other sports to support baddy products during its infancy until LN baddy products take off. Yonex has it good for so long. Just my thoughts!

2. edwinlcw

edwinlcw Regular Member

LN stuffs will be hitting Malaysia either end April or May 09...

3. krisss

krisss Regular Member

But ig Li Ning gets the majority of the market or a big share of the market - which I think they will with everyone wanting to get the new tops and rackets and other items.

Then Li Ning will become the new yonex and make there prices high aswell?

But then I guess yonex rackets may become cheaper :D

4. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

doubt Li Ning stuff will be cheap, their shoes and clothing are on par with Nike and Adidas prices so I don't think they'll go the low price route to upend Yonex, but rather try to build it as a high end brand with their products... With team China switching to LN, people in China will probably buy their products instead as it's a Chinese company, and than there are those of us who are curious about their rackets and shoes who will buy them to test out.... :rolleyes: One interesting piece I read somewhere states that there will not be country codes on LN rackets, and what the consumer buys will be what the pros use, so I guess in that sense it's a good thing, no more CP, JP arguements etc....

5. edwinlcw

edwinlcw Regular Member

From my source, their cheapest racket will be priced between RM200-RM300 in Malaysia. So expect to be more for highest end racket.

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Sis suetyan: So the shop is at which part of beijing , can provide more info, i going beijing for holiday in August at the same time can buy Li ning stuff!

7. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Take a look at this website:
    http://www.yoger.com.cn/lining.html

The racket price that the national team players using are ranged from RMB 1680 to RMB 1980 only. The WOODS N90 (used by LD) only costs RMB 1980.
    Other Li-Ning rackets price are stated there as well. The cheapest is RMB 360.

8. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

I believe that's a model set-up at a sports trade show. You'll have better luck following the links from LN website or even emailing them.

9. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

You can get more information from here:
    http://www.jiuhua.com.cn/enindex.asp

10. akrylik

akrylik New Member

Ferrerkiko, what's your obsession with things worn by Lin Dan? Are you really that low in self confidence that you MUST wear his gear so that you feel better?

11. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Wow that is ridiculous prices!!
    Even I got a AT900 for $1100RMB while a At700 is only $1000RMB

12. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

wow, you got your AT900 only at RMB1100? The market price for AT900 in Malaysia according to perfectsports.com is RM 829.90 equivalent to RMB 1550.40. For Arc 10, it also cost RMB 1737.25(RM929.90). Are you know some dealers that you can get cheaper price? Because I am looking for Arc9 now :D

13. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Yah when I was in Xiamen, there is a street full of vendors for badminton products from yonex to sotx etc.... You can bargain at the official yonex shop there! like you can get 25-30% off on the price, while also getting free strings of your choice, and some grips...!!

14. Isegrim

Isegrim Regular Member

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

There's a Li-Ning store in my town. (I think Li-Ning has some sponsorship deals in gymnastics and table tennis over here) Been here for about 2/3 years but might be going out of business by the looks of it. Now a buy 4 for the price of 2 special or something. But with absolutely no promotion/advertising or anything it's no wonder. Just came here out of the blue really.
    Only been in there twice or so :eek:: once during the Olympics hoping to find something related as some countries had some Li-Ning gear like Sweden and Argentina but nothing to be found :rolleyes:. They even have a huge billboard outside featuring the Argentine basketball team and still nothing inside ...
    Had another look last month during another sale and frankly I couldn't even find 4 things to buy for the price of 2 if I tried. Might have another look today :).

Hopefull they'll hold out long enough :D ...

#215 demolidor, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  16. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Actually, if you mean the store I think you mean (Almere) they actually sponsor a badmintonclub http://www.bvab.nl/sponsoring/li-ning.htm
    Maybe they'll get some rackets if they stay open :p

17. Changsta

Changsta Regular Member

China Team Choosing there Kit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    hey some of the shoes looks like most of the recent football boots design.........wonder if LN will "clone " Nike Mercurial Vapor Superfly boots...i'll be the 1'st to buy :D:D

19. Changsta

Changsta Regular Member

Same here aspecially the red ones :D

20. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    maybe the China will all wore Red Shoes during Sudirman Cup.....hahaha, perhaps LN too can "clone " Nike Dry Fit or Adidas Clima Cool jerseys.........who knows maybe one day they might sponsor a big european club...