the sky is falling!!!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by silentheart, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    sorry, the money have been spoken for to equip Mrs. BO.
    -------------------------------------------
    BY Amy Diluna
    DAILY NEWS FASHION EDITOR

Friday, May 1st 2009, 3:22 PM

Morigi/Getty

What do you think of Michelle Obama's $540 sneakers?

They're in poor taste. That's way too much to spend on sneakers, especially in a recession.

The First Lady should look good, and she can afford it. If the sneakers make her happy, there's nothing wrong with it.

Michelle Obama has taken casual to a haute new level.

While volunteering Wednesday at a D.C. food bank, the First Lady sported her usual J.Crew cardigan, a pair of utilitarian capri pants and, on her feet, a sneaky splurge: trainers that go for $540.

That's right: These sneakers - suede, with grosgrain ribbon laces and metallic pink toe caps - are made by French design house Lanvin, one of fashion's hottest labels. They come in denim and satin versions, and have been a brisk seller all spring.

They're out of stock at posh Meatpacking District boutique Jeffrey, and Barneys New York boasts a limited selection of the sneaks, which are a cult favorite among fashionistas.

It's likely Michelle got hers through Ikram, the Chicago retailer that often outfits her.

"They're shoes," the First Lady's reps sniffed when curious reporters inquired about the fancy footwear.

Michelle has stepped out in Lanvin before while getting down to business. A week ago, she shoveled dirt at a tree planting while wearing the line's chiffon tank.

Dresses and strappy pumps cost upward of $1,500, while tops go for $400 to $1,000.

pic #1 Michelle Obama and Jill Biden (center) at a Feeding America event. The First Lady could feed quite a few people with what she paid for thesneakers she's wearing.

Pic #2
    The kicks, made by high-end French fashion label Lanvin, cost $540.

Attached Files:

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    wow no worries. the market is ascending.. good news for investors. I hope the sneakers can help the market to fly.... and not fall. ;)

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I think happy days are here again, insofar as Asia is concerned. Asian stocks rose sharply today, driven by encouraging news on China's PMI which has risen for the 5th consecutive month, indicating that its economy is expanding.
    On the US front things also look good. Our friend Warren Buffett has gone on record as praising BO's officials in their handling of the crisis. Most Americans seem to agree.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

we dont know yet whether this is a bear market bull or a longer term bull.

warren buffet's fiduciary duty is to his shareholders, not americans. What's good to make the stocks to rise is good for him too. If he really believe in the USA, he won't had shorted the US dollar big time. BTW, warren buffet is gonna die pretty soon, he doesn't care too much about the $53+ trillion debt that his gov't is racking up. I'm sure his siblings are well taken care of too.

#1084 cooler, May 4, 2009
    Last edited: May 4, 2009
  5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Well, we can go our separate ways. The skeptics can sell now before all is lost. For me, I am plunging in-putting my money where my mouth is. This time I think I have more staying power and stamina, and I expect results that will please me.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Obama…Creating…Saving…COSTING JOBS???..

President Obama promised to save or create 3 million jobs in America when he became or after he became President…so far, in Las Vegas alone, HUNDREDS of people have LOST their jobs. And there's no help in sight...:(

Btw, Mr. Buffet did admit he made a big booboo last yr after he picked a few stocks that went belly up...so much for his expertise, eh??..;)
    ..hmm, what do i think?? $540 for a pair of those sneakers??..Well, for one, my baddy, or for that matter other players' Yonex pair of shoes look better than those...:p

#1086 ctjcad, May 4, 2009
    Last edited: May 4, 2009
  7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

GM may be in trouble in the US but its sales in China last month rose 50% over the previous year's. If it can sustain this rate GM might sell about 2 million vehicles in China this year.
    Instead of begging for funds from the US government GM should raise their own funds. This they can do easily simply by selling off their China operations.
    If AIG is willing to sell off their Japanese insurance business, why can't GM sell their crown jewel?

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

GM's day of reckoning..

..will be in June..After chomping off Chrysler, Fiat is now salivating at a chance to chomp a bit at GM's stake..

10. extremenanopowe

stocks keeps on moving up... slowly of course... ;)

11. silentheart

Another stupid BO Idea...

Check out this article.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090505/us_nm/us_energy_autos

Since I am thinking about trading my 2002 Honda Accord (25 city/31 highway) for a AWD wagon (best one is 21 city and 26 highway) I get $4,500 from our US gov. I am not passing on the great deal...

12. silentheart

Wait and see if econ do not recover by Sept/Oct. In the mean time, I am just buying low and sell high.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

lucky u:D i only got 6 months of free bus pass for junking my clunker so buy a new truck under the supposed green program. I wish i've gotten free 5500 CAD to upgrade my car.

#1093 cooler, May 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
  14. extremenanopowe

looks like the jobless claims is less. Yippee! ;) Life is short. Enjoy life! ;)

15. extremenanopowe

is it considered done for doom and gloom now? ;)

Any more disasters coming up u reckon? ;)

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

that's becoz the unemployment benefit ran out, and some started home business or beg on the street. They dont count those statistic :rolleyes:

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

US banks need 75 more billion to meet the stress test.:rolleyes:

u must be reading your news from the boleh papers:p

18. silentheart

19. extremenanopowe

doom

looks like a lot of people are missing or boat or still missing the boat...:D:D:D

'I can see clearly now the rain is gone......':D:D:D

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Not so fast...

So, according to the report, there are 539,000 jobs lost...And is that a good thing? Sure there are new jobs, but they are mostly if not all of them related to govt. jobs (money from the tax-payers).
    When is data that shows the U.S. lost 539,000 jobs good news? When the Obama spin machine gets a hold of it. This morning’s jobs report shows the economy shed a staggering number of jobs (539,000) last month. The Obama-media is calling this report “encouraging,” because it shows the rate at which the US economy is losing jobs is on the decline. But spin it however you like, the undeniable fact remains – Americans are still losing jobs. This latest report was one of the worst in the last 30 years (reality is the monthly job losses were larger than in any month during the 2001 or 1990-91 recessions, relative to the size of the work force). The unemployment rate has jumped to 8.9% - now at a 25-year high. Imagine this, if it's George Bush, he would have been excoriated if this had happened under his administration!
    The public, it seems, isn’t buying into the Obama-mania media’s attempts to put a positive spin on the sluggish economy. A recent poll shows that the majority of those surveyed feel the worst is yet to come.

Btw, i'm gonna make another small prediction. By the 2nd half of 2009, we're gonna be seeing inflation take place. Just take a look at the gas prices at the local gas stations, yes, they are rising.
    The Obama administration’s spending package and meddling in the private sector have slowed down the pace of economic recovery. It is delaying the progress that we should be making by now. This jobless number is only going to get worse. When you factor in college kids and what’s happening to the unions in all of these bankruptcies…things could get much worse. And if the govt. is planning to pass another round of stimulus package, watch out for the inflation. U.S. simply don’t have the money for a second stimulus. The U.S. govt. could tax everyone at 100% (or even more) and we still won’t have enough money to get out of this debt. The more we spend, the more likely we’ll be faced with sky-high inflation down the road.
    ..pretty much concur that it's a propaganda by Prez BO's admin.
    Btw, here's a clickable link to the 2nd video:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticke...,BAC,^DJI?sec= topStories&pos=9&asset=&ccode=

#1100 ctjcad, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.