Anyone can guess who these badminton players are?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by bchaiyow, Aug 31, 2006.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    WYP and KPC played for SP1 and I played for SP2. WYP was a fantastic player and a very good player then, ditto for KPC who was my good friend and we practised together. When I faced WYP in inter-school play, I always lost 2-1. When we moved over to Cheras Secondary School, we played on the same team, WYP the first single and me the second and we did well in the State tournament. In that case, you were in SP1 but we did socialize together then. And your achievement in Karate back then was famous, I knew you concede WO but did not know you were injured. Anyway, for 38 yrs history, I guess I could afford to slip a bit. BTW, you have a good memory to remember and correctly spelled WYP and KPC names.

As for me playing baddy here...hahaha!! there is no ping pong players here to play with, not to be arrogant, table tennis is fun and enjoyable to play if the playing partners are good otherwise you end up picking up the ping pong ball more than actual playing the game, and it takes a long time to excel in paddy. At a high level, ping pong is a great game to play and watch. I love paddy more than baddy but here baddy is more popular and there are plenty of players at my level and better than me to play with, so it is fun and besides I can play XD with my wife 2X to 3X a week. Most Malaysians who practise baddy regularly in Malaysia would be a decent player in Canada, on a recreational basis.

Before the moderators lock us out, you may want to email me and we can talk more...gotta go, have to work tomorrow...nice to meet up with you, goodnight.:)

visor likes this.
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I hope..^^

...OTB is not shedding tears, but tears of joy of finally meeting one of his long lost friends..................online in a badminton forum..;)

3. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    great to hear long lost friend being connected through BC. :)
    guys, you may further chit chatting using BC's private messaging(pm) or YIM or msn messenger or skype.
    thanks. :)

4. huangkun7

huangkun7 New Member

Web Producer
    wow!

hello there! haha i made a google search on my dad's name Kwek Chiew Peng and it led me to this forum! The first pic on the post is my dad, he was a thomas cupper back in the 70's and i still a whole lot of his newspaper cutting from back then.

well, just to share some info with my dad. He is running a badminton academy now. Just a small scale one. academy.totalbadminton.com.my

mmm if you guys would like to see more news paper cuttings from the past just check out the site, ive included a few in it.

have a good day guys!

5. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Owh, thanks for sharing, huangkun. It is confirmed then, Kwek Chiew Peng.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Good to know..

..so i take it your dad is the gentleman sitting 3rd from the left??..:confused:

7. huangkun7

huangkun7 New Member

Web Producer
    yeap thats him !

i actually have a similar photo too. wonder how the pic got up there :confused:

good day guys

8. Karate Kid

Karate Kid Regular Member

Karate Instructor

Sorry, I could have solved the mysteries for you guys....but I was too busy with OTB. Yeap, that's Kwek Chiew Peng 3rd from the left. He is a very nice gentleman as far as I can recall. Been to my house a few times......If my memory is right I think he was also working as a security guard together with my brother Cheng Hoe at Shell refinery Port Dickson. I think they were partners in doubles for a period. Well, I am getting old and it's so long time ago :)

9. Karate Kid

Karate Instructor

Hi Huangkun, I am the brother to Cheng Hoe. Your father and my brother were doubles partner before. Your father knows who I am. Please send him my best regards.

10. julianming

julianming New Member

wow that is intersting that you both meet in coincidence...
    but guess this not coincidence..this is some kind of faith:)

11. Karate Kid

Karate Instructor

Right, nothing is coincidence ;)

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    this is awesome. i hope to see you guys have another re-union after all these years.

13. CHC7576

CHC7576 Regular Member

Property Development
    It was not easy at that time to continue with playing the game. Not much opportunity for the team members to build any career for later years. It was a quick exit from the game for me and subsequently, Phua and Dominic went off to coach overseas.

14. Karate Kid

Karate Instructor
    Hi, this is the bro to Lim Cheng Hoe ( Cheng Poh ) here. I am back on this site. If anyone of you guys out there interested to trace my brother contact me here.

Cheung likes this.
  15. saigklim

saigklim New Member

Hi this is Lim Cheng Hoe's son here, very late to the game but I will do my best to help any of those who want to reconnect with my father :)

kwun and Cheung like this.