side news of Djarum Open 09

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Indonesia Open 2009' started by huangkwokhau, Jun 14, 2009.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I noticed that too when watching the highlights on rtm1:D actually To be honest, i never really heard boos from the crowd towards mas players in the 1st round today:rolleyes::p

2. george@chongwei

agree with you here.:)

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    If the games you watched were MAS vs. some non-INA, while there is an INA player/pair playing at teh same time, then the crowd probably was not interested in that game at all... :p

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    u guys behaving like kids...grow up n enjoy the sport..put politics aside pll..let our politicians handle it.

5. george@chongwei

oh, i see.. Thanks for the info..:cool:

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Just reporting what's happening in Istora, ants...:p In case some of the MAS BCers don't know what's going on, I just tried to explain why there is an anti-MAS sentiment in the crowd... Many in INA felt mistreated by MAS [even more so, lately]. It just got translated to the fan-favoritism factor in the badminton arena.

If you don't want to know the reason behind it, that's fine. Ignore the whole thing. I just thought I should post the reasons so it becomes clearer why things are the way they are in Istora. Not to start a political debate in this BC forum laaah... :p

#87 Krisna, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I know the reason. I feel for the people of Indonesia for what have happened to their countrymen and the situation. I would be angry as well if someone did it to our own people and land. But again i dont think i can do anything about it. At the same time people have their right to express their dissatisfaction. I have no problem with them booing my fellow Malaysians...but i think they are not booing the players.. just Msia in general for what has happened. If im the person in charge i would say sorry and will rectify the situation ASAP. But still i would probably do it thru the right channel.

8. johnps

johnps Regular Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by george@chongwei
    this just shows that the ina fans and crowds are bringing some bad images to the badminton sport. what the heck the current issue got to do with badminton? this can be shown that not just badminton get a bad image, i'm afraid even the country itself will get a kind of image by ppl around the world though.
    p/s I'm not pointing fingers to anyone here though..

You are a real joker, Jagdpanther. Your post is short, funny and to the point.

One suggestion is to also highlight “pointing fingers” in bold letters too. :)

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    INA fans also booed Clark/Kellog when playing CHN...

10. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Caught Raj Popast and Devi Tika..now they are officialy dating...also teased Xu Chen about Pan Pan...he just said that they are "friend" hm..right...told him that he saw the pics on internet...haha...

11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Now Wang Chen wears YONEX instead of LI Ning and Schenk wears VICTOR instead of Yonex...

12. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    New sponsored KLRC players: Balir, Chris Adcock, Maja...beside Nicole/Reid...dont see any taipei players having KLRC logo on shirts anymore

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    You cant tell the crowd what to do...honestly their booing is so mild and as a matter of fact that Fairuz told me that they had been briefed and love it as it is part of learning....Even Fairuz said that the booing is so mild...:D:DThey know that INA crowd did not hate them...for sure..for some reason, no booing on LWW/CTF, WMF or even LCW...

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    The Crowd loves Lin Dan.....and LD noticed it and took time to shake their hands..I have to say that LD is much more friendly with the crowd...The crowd was so dissapointed that LYD would not shake their hands....

15. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Sigit Budiarto will get married this sunday while Sony is having his own in July...

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Now officialy Eric Pang and Yao Jie are husband and wife..as reported before...they got married in China ( Yao Jie's hometown) after Sudirman Cup...

17. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Surprise to see Luan Jin.ex CHN's top player ..he is in Taiwan and a coach for Taiwan's club...

18. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    We did apologize to Mas players on behalf of INA's crowd...KKK was teasing that he could not imagine if he plays INA players...a lot of players were asking why suddenly so many Booing on MAS players....:rolleyes:...

19. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    It seems that INA and MAS ploayers has something in common....all female players will be sitting on one table and all male players are on others....Zakry.Tazari,KKK,Hashim,Abdul Latif were one table and WPT,Cina nd Khe wei are on the other side....while Lilyana Natsir was having her family with her and TH and his boss were on others....soon joined by Laun Jin/Chen Kang and Fung....