2009 Asia Junior Championships (AJC), July 12-19

Discussion in '2009 Tournaments' started by eaglehelang, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Iskandar playing in Cheers Youth International 2005

It was almost 4 years ago when Iskandar won the U15 Boys' Doubles with Jian Hao at the Cheers Youth International 2005, Singapore: :)

Attached Files:

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha,he(iskandar) had promise me to take photo with me^^
    anyway,anyone have the tournament software link?

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Indonesia's Junior Squad for AJC, KL

The Jakarta Post
    07/10/2009

Junior badminton squad heads to first international outing in Malaysia

By Agnes Winarti

After three months of intensive drilling at the Military Academy in Magelang, Central Java , Indonesia's junior shuttle squad on Friday headed to their first international combat in the Badminton Asia Youth Under-19 Championship in Malaysia running from July 12-19.

“Since the start of our training at the Military Academy three months ago, we have set this championship as our first tournament target,” Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI)’s youth coach Ronny Agustinus told The Jakarta Post on Friday.

“This event will serve as a great opportunity for us to read the strength and weakness of other junior shuttlers from other Asian countries,” said Ronny, adding that although there were no specific target set, the squad hoped to at least snatch champion titles in the boys’ singles and boys’ doubles.

“So far, these two events have a greater chance of winning as the boys were the champions in last year’s National Circuits nationwide,” said Ronny. The international event will be their first experience this year.

PBSI selected 13 shuttlers of the 39, who were drilled at the Military Academy in Magelang, since April 15, where the youngsters will be spending a total of six months training.

The boys’ squad consists of Ari Trisnanto, Evert Sukamta, Hermansah, Kevin Alexander, Yohanes Rendy Sugiarto, and Angga Pratama.

Meanwhile, the girls’ squad comprises Siti Anida Lestari, Renna Suwarno, Suci Rizky Andini, Tiara Rosalia Nuraidah, Gebby Ristiyani Imawan, Della Destiara Haris, and Ni Made Claudia Ayu Wijaya.

The U-19 squad also had one week of training prior to their Friday departure at the national training camp for badminton in Cipayung, East Jakarta.

Besides the 13 shuttlers registered to the junior national camp, there are also seven shuttlers, who did not join the national camp, taking part in the championship, including Markus Fernaldi, Feby Agguni, Ana Rovita, M. Ulinuhua, Berry Angriawan, Didit Juang, and Aurien Hudiono.

Five of the them are the best junior talents from the country’s prominent badminton club Djarum. They are participating in the championship with private funding.

After participating in the Asia Youth U-19 Championship, there are also three tournaments to come, including two National Circuits in Tegal in Central Java and Surabaya in East Java as well as the international-level Indonesian Challenge in Jakarta next month. PBSI will have all its 39 young shuttlers compete in those next three tournaments.

The Military Academy-based drilling for the youth squad was initiated by Indonesian Military (TNI) Commander Gen.Djoko Santoso, the current chairman of PBSI, who expected to yield high-performance shuttlers in the next several years.

4. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Btw, how to find out the ticket fees? ANd will the stall be selling yonex products like hot cakes?

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erm,cheeyf say no need ticket ler
    dunno:confused:

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    wah, atleast two title from ms and md wor?:eek:
    sound strong:cool:

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    will go to the tournament at 9 am,can see china team play:)

8. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  10. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

never mind la, she already won the AJC last year, so must give some chances to others :D Take more pictures ya ;)

11. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

After 3 months in Military Academy Training, some coaches and PBSI Official look optimist. This event is 1st test of their training method.

Ary Trisnanto personally take attention to Iskandar & Syawal via facebook, he had bad record against them last year.
    If he has good progress, I believe he can beat them refer to INA MS younger player could forced Iskandar 3 sets in Dutch Open this year. But more rivals in here not only Iskandar & Syawal.

Personally I put hope more on MD & WD via Ulin/Berry & Tiara/Suci.
    Ulin/Berry has showed good progress lately.
    I watched some Tiara/Succi's match before joined in Pelatnas, they won in Kejurnas, played powerful against some higher seeded or older pair. Not surprised for me when they beat "Main" Pelatnas pair Anneke Feinya/Anissa Wahyuni.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ya,hehe,made sure we mee in wjc:cool::D:p:)

i pretty confident that ina will win md;)
    i have faith in them,maybe he need to pay attention on someone he didnt play before:confused:,ramdam and zulfadli

13. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Yes, road to be winner must take attention a lot of players.
    During stay in "Army Academy" they have limited time in communication, weekend only.
    So he can get world badminton junior info also limited and the info have gotten from Iskandar or Syawal, of course they hide the other truf.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    relax,with one title in hand,ina surely wil back home happily

15. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Refer to last 3 AJCs (2006 to 2008), INA only got 1 title (2007, WD Debby/Richi), needed hard works to get the title in here although just one title.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well,even they are not great in junior,they are
    in senior:D

17. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

looking forward to seeing the performance of Xia Huan,Tang JinHua,Bao YiXin and Chen Xia Jia.I believe those girls are good enough to deliver good results.

Just wonder who will be Xia Huan's partner.....is it Tang JinHua or Bao YiXin.
    Xia Huan/Tang JinHua is the Quarter finalist of this year's India Open
    While Xia Huan/Bao YiXin was 2007 badminton asia U-16 winner.Bao YiXin herself was the Runner Up in WS lost to Chen Xiao Jia

#97 tommy_bun, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  18. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Suetyan...U said that tang JinHua is 3 years younger than Her brother,Tang SongHua rite???I think her brother is 17 this year,so She must be 14....Cool...

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I will agree with Sandy. I don't think either Ary Trisnanto or Evert Sukamta can become champions in BS :cool: Hopes are high on Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan after their rapid rise to prominence in the past 6 mths. But they have a tough draw and will face the supposedly strong top-seed pair from MAS as early as QF. So, we shall see....

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i go to the stadium now:D