Li Ning - China's New Sponsor

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by kevinboy, Feb 5, 2009.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I start off with BG80@25x27

/T

2. takumifujiwara

takumifujiwara Regular Member

Full-time uni student
    Got it from internet or local store?

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I bought it from HK.

/T

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I played with the N90 Today.. And I am utterly impressed by it.. So powerful ,and so friendly.. I was amazed how good control was in defense and flat-play even though it is quite head-heavy... Smashes were stunning..

I really like the N90.. I think it is a big step forward from AT700/AT900P/T.

I cannot decide if i like it even better than the TC700.. I will play some more session with it and restring it tighter..

It was extremely user frienly (probaly a great beginners racket as well).. @26lbs it felt like almost the complete stringbed was sweetspot :-D :-D ... Great racket..

/Twobeer

5. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bro twobeer: U should string it with Li ning string to have maximum effect.

6. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    SINGAPORE: Setting up a badminton academy to develop the sport in Singapore and the region is what Chinese sports company Li Ning aims to do, as it opened its flagship store on Tuesday at the ION Orchard shopping mall.
    The store at ION Orchard will be Li Ning's regional headquarters as it opens up a hundred more stores in the region by the end of the year. The stores will include other retailers and distribution channels where their products will be carried.
    The company has also partnered the Singapore Badminton Association to sponsor players, equipment and tournaments to the tune of more than S$1 million. The association is also being more creative to draw in sponsorships.
    President of the Singapore Badminton Association, Lee Yi Shyan, said: "We are opening up more tournaments for sponsorship, and opening up more players for individual sponsorships. We are creating scholarships and adopt-a-player kind of programme to involve more corporate sponsors... to help us sustain this development."
    Besides sponsoring the Singapore Badminton Association, Li Ning also has plans to be the title sponsor for the Singapore Badminton Open event from next year. But whether the Chinese company gets the deal or current sponsor Aviva will continue its sponsorship of the event - the final decision will only be known in three months' time.
    For now, Li Ning is looking at growing the grassroots base by setting up a badminton academy in Singapore.
    CFO of Li Ning, Nicholas Chong, said: "The intent is to reach out to more people, to nurture the young talents but at the same time, to promote the sport."
    The sponsorship is timely as Singapore gears up for the SEA Games in December. The selection trials are ongoing and Singapore plans to send a young team to expose them to international tournaments.

7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    I'm happy that this ties in well with what I felt :)

Given your experience, I'm going to experiment with the string and tension you tried - Yonex BG-80 at 25x27.

I am not very satisfied with the Li Ning 101 string! :eek:

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Li Ning to Open 70 to 100 Stores in Southeast Asia by Year-End

By Emily Co

July 21 (Bloomberg) -- Li Ning Co., a Chinese sporting goods retailer founded by a former Olympic gymnast, plans to set up as many as 100 badminton specialty shops in Southeast Asia by the end of the year.

Beijing-based Li Ning will open between 70 and 100 stores in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei to take advantage of the sport’s popularity in the region, said Chief Financial Officer Chong Yik Kay. The company started operations today at its first Singapore store, located at the Ion Orchard mall developed by CapitaLand Ltd. and Sun Hung Kai Properties Ltd.

“Southeast Asia is one of the biggest markets for the badminton industry,” Chong said in an interview in Singapore.

Li Ning, which posted a 52 percent increase in profit last year, opened its first overseas business office in Singapore this year as it seeks to expand outside China. The company also wants to expand its business in Europe and the U.S., where it competes with brands such as Nike Inc. and Adidas AG.

Li Ning rose 4.5 percent to HK$25.60 in Hong Kong trading today. The stock has more than doubled this year, outpacing a 36 percent increase in the Hang Seng Index.

Li Ning acquired Chinese badminton equipment developer, Kason Sports Ltd., for HK$187 million ($24 million) on July 6 to gain market share in the sport. The company already sponsors badminton, table-tennis, gymnastics, shooting and diving in China

Even as Li Ning expands overseas, the company will continue growing at home, according to Chong. The Chinese sporting industry may post “double-digit growth” over the next five to 10 years, Chong said, without being more specific.

To contact the reporters on this story: Emily Co in Singapore at eco3@bloomberg.net

Last Updated: July 21, 2009 07:36 EDT

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    101N that is their top-string, right??

they have a accupower 80 string as well.. maybe that is something BG80 like?!?

I also got some negative views of the li ning strings.. but I have not tried them.. I like to minimize the unkown variables when testing new racket stuff :)

cheers,
    T

#489 twobeer, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  10. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Yes, the 101 is the biggie.
    I don't know if you have seen this:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1189550&postcount=1 :)

11. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

waiting for Li-Ning store to be opened in Malaysia :D

12. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Bro Cooler: How many Li ning shop they going to open , besides the one at Ion orchard ?

13. badminto

badminto Regular Member

Student
    Hi, After i heard you guys boast about li ning now i want li ning products 2. i has alook at their ctalogue and it seems taht yonex has a real competitor at their hands. lining items looks extremely appelling and from teh comments seem to b very good. i would also like to try, but i live australia so the only way would b to fly overseas n buy it, so does any of u guys noe whether there r online stores that sell li ning products? if u do pls give me a shout, really appreciate it guys. i am really looking forward to trying it out if i can. Thx.

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
  15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Check out http://www.badmintonshoponline.us/unlimitshop/index.php?cPath=1_47 they have it on their internet shop.

Cheers,
    T

16. modious

modious Regular Member

Yeah, have not heard any rave review about Li-Ning strings till date (except for Ferrerkiko who keeps mentioning to string Li-Ning rackets with Li-Ning strings for maximum effect :eek:).

Furthermore, the strings are not cheap.

Yonex strings, in general, are still better than other brands.

17. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Last night , i went over to Ion orchard to look for the Li ning store, a bit disappointed for the amount of stocks available, stocks are very limited. they dont seem to have the ones Lin dan and the china team are wearing . But 1 good news to share with brothers here.. only Lin dan shoe is available , but is sky high cost $ 269

I ask the staff, any discounts for any of the Li ning items, they say no. I think their marketing strategy no good. When they just open they should give discounts to attract people to buy . In the end i went home disappointed!:(

18. tony531

tony531 Regular Member

are u talking bout stocks limited as in team china clothing?

19. takumifujiwara

takumifujiwara Regular Member

Full-time uni student
    Soo meaning they dont sell the chinese teams clothes and pants etc. yet? How about the rackets, did they had any rackets use by the chinese team on sell?

20. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Yes , i cant find the china team wear that lin dan wear , the short sleeve one he wore in the sudirman cup final, and the ones bao chunlai and chen jin wear in the ion shop.