Lee Chong Wei is out!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by badders2006, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sony was sad that his coach left him for rival territory and he wants to make sure he remembers the best of what coach Hendrawan imparted to him and tonight he let it all go....LM or no LM regardless. :cool:

2. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    I thought the lack of respect issue is resolved... I really hate seeing this baseless claim coming out again & again.... no one is disrespecting no one... like china coach said LD is superior than LCW... would you say he disrespecting others as well?... come on la... there's other words for that like, underestimate, over confident etc... LCW did have unforced errors when he panic quite a number of time.. Sony is way ahead of LCW today.. he definitely did his homework before hand...

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Nope, LCw didnt have another lash out, not against his beloved Misbun or Rashid or BAM or......... And Misbun did mention the other players that LCW have to be careful of, you all didnt follow the developments...;)

(not directed to volcom) ..And LYB did mention in press interview....LD is more superior to LCW, but doesnt mean anybody is direspecting anybody.

#83 eaglehelang, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  4. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    LCW struggled to play when the scores were level or he was behind once he got a few points ahead he started to flow a bit. He looked to have great physical condition and speed but was unable to use it because he didn't control the rallies, while he can retreive almost any shot he often fails to take the shuttle early and to control the rally. I didn't think Kuncoro played amazingly but did play smart and with confidence. Playing Lin Dan is in some ways easy for LCW since the game will be fast and furious but I think the match today will have shown a lot of the other players that LCW is very beatable.

The way in which LCW fell away at the end and didn't put up a fight may leave some scars as well.

5. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    oh by the way, it's not "... purposely private training with LM just 10 days before the competition"... he need to escape the tedious phone calls invitations etc... no private traning, just escape route... you need to read from Malaysian Press first when it comes to Malaysian players... press here dont praise them when don't deserve it... althought some time sounds bitter to accept but I share same opinion with what's reported by the star thus far...

6. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    i wrote according to what i thought was appropriate at the given moment :eek:. there was no intentional/unintentional misunderstanding:cool:. i read, i saw, i wrote, its as simple as that, mate.
    i appreciate all who saluted sony for his win. lcw also showed good sportsmanship, losing graciously. surely sony also had butterflies in his shorts facing the world no.1
    im really trying to avoid heated arguments here, but i still dont understand how one could loose to one-self?isnt that jst another way of making up excuses?:cool: lcw lost because sony was able to penetrate through his defense. thats all there is to it. but then again, everyone's opinion is their own right?:rolleyes::D peace!:D:D

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u must have forgotten to read his previous gracious and fair comments

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1218761&postcount=110

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1218784&postcount=112

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1219309&postcount=119

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73038&page=13

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1220531&postcount=135

#87 cooler, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Concur this. LCW hasn't impressed me since day one.

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I didn't watch the match but was surprised with only 12 points he scored in the final game. It does seem that he "didn't put up a fight" but reports here seem to indicate that he was still "fit", which is a surprise. Or did his 'famous' mental weakness continue to play up in that crucial rubber? :rolleyes:

10. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    Towards the end he seemed to have really lost the plot mentally and didn't seem to know what to do. His physical condition looked ffar superior to kuncoro throughout, if LCW had been able to extend the rallies he would have won I'm sure but Kuncoro just controlled the pace and looked for net play never really trying to smash LCW off the court which is the mistake many make.

At some points LCW was getting weak lifts from Kuncoro and was hitting them out or hitting clears!

11. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

12. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

:eek::eek::eek:

maybe it's time that he's learning to be gracious and fair to avoid having the lips sealled.....:D

13. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    that's why nick you need to read more... one will lose to oneself cos every actions, thoughts, mistakes, errors, judgments that lead to a lost definitely comes from oneself ... and add the smart opponent to that...walla, you got ones total lost, fair and square...:p

it's definitely not my way of making excuses.... he lost... sony won... that's what I said... if you want to use my quote, when i said he lost to his own self, you must add my other quote on sony in other posts which I find tiring to re-write in the post you took the first quote :D from (i'm still currently working you see:eek:)... my mistake not writing in full and misled you...;)

14. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    sorry if I misled you, but my comment does not mean he didn't impressed me in some of his shots during the 1st day to the bitter QF end;) I just feel he will lose early... my intuition and his body language says it all:D:p:D

15. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

why didn't he escape to Maldives?? why didn't he just cut off the phone calls?? why didn't he just, like the Chinese team, as mentioned by Sidek, hide away??? :confused::confused::confused:

are you saying that Malaysian Press are always fair when comes to Malaysian players??? come on... :)

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    bad boy SDK, he had taken away a chance for LD to add one more to his head to head record with lcw:p

17. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

... and also Sony just won his own self, not won LCW, not won anything... :confused::confused: ... aahh, I forgot that there is always a net in front when people playing badminton on court... so whenever we play badminton, we just play our own selves... now I know what is badminton... :D:D

18. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Of course he did some great shots... But my feeling is that his overall form is not as good as, say, in last year's OG or Super Series Final.

19. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

don't blame SDK, it's good boy LCW, he's just smart enough to protect his head-to-head record with LD from worsening... :D:D

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Don't talk about the SSF. Maybe another joke. The top CHN brigade not there lah! :D