Lee Chong Wei is out!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by badders2006, Aug 14, 2009.

1. aosis

aosis Regular Member

I watched the match. Sony had the best game of his life. His drops were killers. LCW had nothing to blame except his lack of confidence in big games and sheer pressure to win big tourneys.

2. Liz Leong

Liz Leong Regular Member

Student
    I am so so so sad LCW is out:mad:

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Don't worry about tiny Singapore. We're doing okay with our foreign talent policy, much better in many areas than many countries, not just in badminton and other sports where they contributed to putting Singapore's name in the international sports map, including the Olympics. And because of our interest, even China's most famous sports company, Li Ning, made its first overseas venture to Singapore and sponsored our national badminton team and an international tournament at year-end. Li Ning can be considered a foreign talented company and we are very happy with their contribution. :)

We are so overwhelmed by our foreign talents' contributions of sports success and how it positively influenced our own local talents and sports loving people that we have taken the rare and bold road to bid for and won the right to host the inaugural Youth Olympic Games next August, 2010. We just reminded ourselves yesterday of such a rare opportunity by having a big party at the City Hall and the Padang with Omega as sponsors of the YOG digital clock to tell the time and number of days remaining to the actual historic date.

Many people from neighbouring countries have joined us to make a contribution to Singapore's success and we welcome their participation. They do make a difference! :D Well this is unlike one country which restricted the contributions of even its own citizens and talents because they are not from the dominant race. ;)

And I can see our foreign talent policy is getting better by the day. The best thing is that some of these foreign talents eventually become Singapore citizens like all pioneers of Singapore who came from foreign shores - China, India, Indonesia, Middle East, even Malaysia and others. It was real nice to see the new citizens taking the Singapore Pledge and singing the National Anthem during our just concluded and most eventful 44th National Day Parade celebrations at the Marina Bay floating platform. They will help Singapore make up the numbers "to build a democratic society based on justice and equality". :p

Some people have double standards. They criticise Singapore for its foreign imports yet they readily import foreign coaches to strengthen their sports prowess lest they should decline into oblivion! For this WC they even set an unprecedented standard by sending its WR1 to receive extra coaching by a rival country's coach to try to justify his world #1 ranking. But this move has backfired and the pitiful player crumbled at the crucial moment and was knocked out as early as the QF by none other than an INA player, whose own coach was unfortunately poached by his opponent's country. What a wonderful revenge for Sony Dwi Kuncoro for having his own coach Hendrawan taken away from him recently.

What hypocritical talk about Singapore's foreign talent policy, hah! :rolleyes::D

We don't boast that our players will take the WC titles. We have no crystal balls. But we just try our best to give both foreign and local talents a chance to develop to their full potential within the limits of our own resources. And the higher standards of the foreign talents have rubbed off to our locals as local standards have generally gone up. A case in point is Derek Wong's R2 match against Simon Santoso in this WC which he lost in three games 13-31, 21-19, 16-21. Derek, whose WR was nowhere, was able to take a game off Simon and this is certainly an achievement. Compare his score with JPN's much higher-ranked Kenichi Tago who lost to Simon in straight games of 10-21, 12-21 in R3. This is despite Derek's limited exposure and inactivity as I believe he had to do time with National (military) Service earlier. :)

So please stop being a hypocrite Datuk, oh it should be Dato instead! :D:D:D

#123 Loh, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The truth is out! :D

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    What can you expect from a shattered Crystal Ball? :rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well it might be better if he was a she. Then there's reason for a good plastic surgery makeover on his face to change his features incognito. :D

7. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    Well Said!

Hi Krisna,

Points well said!! Salute!:):):)

8. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Different country peoples, different mentality.

Since this is a badminton thread, just talk abt badminton lah Uncle. Uncle can put all the super-duper praise words in a thread that is created by you yourself at chit-chat section.

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    If you don't like it, then don't start it,,,:D

10. justme_manda

justme_manda Regular Member

Education
    Applauds to Loh's reply on FTP.
    Like it. :D

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

lol, seems that everyone is so 'worried and cares' about lee chong wei's defeat yesterday..that's good:D
    and the debates still goes on.:cool:;):)

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yup... if 'foreign talent' is considered a taboo, then many other nations are guilty too. Zidane is a 'foreign talent' for France. Kaka, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho's ancestors were not from Brazil. The families of Carl Lewis, Mike Tyson, Serena Williams, Kobe Bryant, even John McEnroe, Michael Chang, Kristi Yamaguchi were all not from the American continent...

Heck, even the INA players' families were once deemed 'foreign immigrants'... Joe Hok, Rudy, King, Christian, Tjun Tjun, Ivana, Lius, Susy, Alan, Ardy, Hariyanto, Hendrawan, Candra, Tony, Hendra, Simon, Greysia, Vita, Liliyana, Fran, Edo, Lingga, Debby etc.

Heck, even CHN used Wang Wenzhou, Tang Xianhu, Hou Jiajiang, Fang Kaixiang, Liang Chiuxia, etc. they were all Indonesians... :p Thus, they were 'foreign talents' for CHN then...

#132 Krisna, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  13. george@chongwei

lol, lol..i nearly laugh till my pants drop after seeing this post..:p
    surely there are some parties..:cool::cool:

haha dato oh dato, u should just give uncle some chance la in terms of this..instead of taruk him, he taruk you this time with a long essay..hahaha...lol:D:D
    so did u enjoy the entertainment here?:p

14. george@chongwei

wow, that's a very good posts indeed, krisna..that shows that u have a great general knowledge:D:)

15. justme_manda

justme_manda Regular Member

Education
    Hahaha kind of. :p
    I'm a patriot you see, so Mr Dato's comment sort of put me off alittle. Hahaha.
    Singapore's FTP has been an on and off topic for sometime.
    I was just really happy to see that someone stood up to defend negative things said about our country's policy. :D

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you my dear. I'm on your side. :)

17. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician

"foreign talents" doesn't that meant talent from another country but a lot of the people mentioned above were born in their country which meant they should not be considered 'foreign' even though their parent were immigrants.?

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Videos of LCW vs. Sony's match..

..okay, for those who missed it, here is a link to their match's videos:
    http://www.badmintonfreak.com/lee-c...curo-world-badminton-championship-2009-video/

"My Pegasus", "My boy"...;)

From what i observed, i thought LCW just didn't play his normal game and he certainly wasn't patient in his game. Case in point, in the 1st game, quite a few of Sony's pts came off of LCW's unforced errors. Same thing in the 3rd game, LCW just wasn't sharp. For some reason LCW wanted to finish the game off quickly. Maybe thinking too far ahead to his next match vs. Lin Dan??
    Sony, OTOH, played his usual diligent style. Nothing fancy, just patience and a lot of hard work while waiting for the best opportune time to attack.

Should be interesting to see his approach in his upcoming match vs. Lin Dan.

#138 ctjcad, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I must say your Uncle Loh how to tell people off but not himself.:D

20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

There is no one from Australia to China with a more acid tongue than you.:D