Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. dawei94

dawei94 Regular Member

Student
    I just noticed there are mp bumps on the N50 frame from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock (exact same places as the Ti-10)
    are there any mp bumps on the other N-series rackets?

2. tinned_ham

tinned_ham Regular Member

considering Fu Haifeng came from a Ti-10, it's sort of expected that the N50 has a MP frame to keep the feel similar. looking at close ups of the N55, there doesn't seem to be any, which is sort of expected as Chen Jin came from the ArcSaber 10, so my guess is that it is loosely modeled on the Yonex equivalent. please correct me if i'm wrong.

3. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Modeled, maybe, but loosely modeled i don't think so. Li Ning does has their own R&D and definitely the N Series do feel solid and has their own pros and cons.(As confirmed by some of our forum members that owned them) Just because it is Make in China, and just because it snatches our favorite "Evil Empire" 's Chinese National Team endorsement and just because it is priced at higher price then Yonex doen't mean it is crap.
    And heck i am not even a Chinese Nationals here....nor am i a Li Ning agent and i do love Yonex too :D
    But u r right that N50 does "feel" like an improved version of Ti-10 and N55 an "improved" version of Arc 10. (Personal opinion).
    At the end of the day Li Ning is just another worthy brand that is new and their N series rackets are certainly no junks. So give them a more neutral perspective on them, explore them like we explore any other new comers brand.
    Cheers

4. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    tinned_am, I think you are so right about this, the N50 is model very closely to a YY Ti10, very similar in their handle's lengths, their shaft lengths, the racket frames, their balance points and their weights. The only thing is that somehow, the N50 racket's feels is much better than the Ti10, much easilier to control and the feeling is much more "solid". Similarly, the N90 is said to have a very similar feel to the AT700 (1st gen). However, I just got this impression that the N55's feel is in between the YY's AS10 & AT900P.

5. tinned_ham

tinned_ham Regular Member

hi tckang, i meant no disrespect to Li Ning as a company or racket manufacturer, or any made in China products for that matter; i have great respect for Li Ning in competing against Yonex in its high end badminton products, and am very happy for the Chinese National Team in their sponsorship deal. i don't believe Li Ning rackets are crap or ripoffs of Yonex in any way either, far from in fact, i only wanted to point out the similarities in products between the two companies, and keep an open mind in this discussion. after all, to me at least, it makes sense that the designs between the two different rackets that both Chen Jin and Fu Haifeng use are similar as a top player in their position wouldn't suddenly just swap to a completely different racket with a completely different feel, unless it was an improved version -> and i'm basing this analogy on top tennis players rarely changing rackets unless they find a better one with a similar feel and improved performance (ala Federer, Nadal, Murray, you name them). also, this is probably the reason why Lin Dan has switched to a similar racket but with a different company, and as many people have pointed out in this forum, there are many similarities between the N90 and the AT700. would you disagree with this?

like i said, i don't mean any negativity upon Li Ning, but i think it would benefit users on this forum to perhaps compare Li Ning rackets with similar Yonex rackets (e.g. N50 with Ti-10). i'm not saying they've ripped off a Yonex racket, far from as i have read your posts and i don't disagree that they are improved versions of them, but since Li Ning is a very new brand in the badminton community, it would be helpful to those people that have never held a Li Ning racket to be able to compare, in design and performance and feel, these new rackets with ones that they have most likely held and played with before, hence the comparison with the Yonex Ti-10 and ArcSaber 10. otherwise, people reading this forum and wondering about Li Ning rackets wouldn't have a clue where to start their comparisons, and make an informed decision on whether or not to buy them.

me personally, i've only played with a Li Ning N50 twice (had to borrow it from someone at my club), and after those 2 sessions i am planning on getting some for myself in order to test it in the long run. of course, this is after i have read other people's opinions on this racket (for whom i have much gratitude for) and formed my own opinion on it, which i'm happy to share is very positive. and also being someone who has used the majority of the high end Yonex rackets, i'm also happy to share that after inspecting the racket, there are many physical similarities between the N50 and the Ti-10, two of which are the Muscle Power frame at the top and the long shaft/short handle combination, hence similar design. however i agree with you in that the N50 does have an improved feel to it over the Ti-10, probably (as i experienced during those sessions) due to the more flexible shaft and slightly heavier head.

but that's just my 2c. hope this clears up the mud.

cheers. :)

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Any bros in Singapore want to sell their N50 or N 90 racket, i am interested to buy, please pm me. Thank you !

7. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    you have a better chance going on a holiday to china and getting one! also it is much cheaper there with the discount rate and the currency value;)

BTW, I dont have a N50 bro ! I want one just like you do !

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

are you sure the li ning rackets in china are cheaper?;)
    i did a survey and found out my local stall here who sell li ning racket offer a much cheaper price than the li ning racket sold in china:eek:
    i was shocked by that actually.

9. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    where is that and how much?

10. george@chongwei

a shop that sells many badminton stuffs and they do sell quite many type of Li Ning racket. of course is in MAS;)

11. adonis

adonis Regular Member

yuppp

where in MAS and how much in RM?

12. george@chongwei

samsport...rm500++;)
    welcome to the forum btw:)

13. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Wow, that's cheap! Which model? N50, N55 or N90?

14. george@chongwei

if i'm not mistaken, its the racket that chen jin using now.

15. adonis

adonis Regular Member

Chen Jin model would be the N55. Where is samsport? Do they have a website or contact number?

16. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    That will be N55 selling for RM500++, super cheap! Only around S$205++. That will be about 56% discount off the list price of S$469!!! Sound too good to be real, really.

17. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    That's a really good price !

BTW, the N55 is a really good racquet, very very good power !

18. xiAoqIan

xiAoqIan Regular Member

Auditor
    From what I know so far, Li-Ning racket will not hv so much discount..if it is real..that will be good news..i should visit the shop..

Btw, one of my fren bought fake Li-Ning N90 from china website, the cosmetic of the fake racket looks 90% real to real one..and it is very cheap..less than S$100 singapore dollars..the poor thing is he broke the racket after one month used..and no guarantee for the racket also..so must check the racket properly before u buy any expensive racket..

19. Fly_Away^_^

Fly_Away^_^ Regular Member

SAP Basis Consultant
    Time for me to review the N55.

String: BG66
    Tension: 27lbs.
    Grip: Yonex Super Grap

I put in two hour of usage during my weekly training today.

First Impression:
    Racket isn't really that heavy, but the good thing is the head is heavy enough for my liking.

During training:
    Base to base clear, the racket is able to let me clear base to base without much effort, in fact, I can even use my wrist to whip the shuttle easily and effortlessly :eek: I believe the slim shaft plays a big part in it.

Drop and lift, the lifting portion, you can feel the shaft really flex alot, thus I lost abit of control on most of my lift, but once I got the feel of the flex its not a problem anymore, I think this is more towards my own getting used to. During the drop portion, control wise is easily achieve.

Smash and block plus net, I somehow can't get the touch when I'm trying to block a smash to net. But netting wise, I can easily achieve it using my usual delicate touch (or was it my string tension :eek: I don't know wor!)

Smash, power is moderate, since the racket has a much slimmer shaft, I tried to do full arm swing, and using just wrist to whip. Both generate a considerable amount of power. Not too bad.

Overall:
    Control: 9/10
    Power: 8/10
    Design: 4/10 (Seriously, red & yellow?)

Not a bad racket overall, considering I get it at a "cheap" price :D

Thank you,
    Tze Yong