APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. shubhanan

shubhanan Regular Member

Graduate Student
    try these

here's what I know is flex and light weight (Most are 3Us) from APAcs:

Nano7007 power
    Lethal Light Special
    Nano 9600 tour
    Lower number lethal models (atleast I found them bit more flexible than AMPs, etc)
    Tantrum light exclusive
    Visible Hollow 1700

Just my thoughts.... hope it helps.
    May be the masters in this forum can correct me if I'm wrong!:)

2. thejym

thejym Regular Member

I thought that the VH1700 and Nano 9600 Tour were stiff... I've never tried them personally but that's what I've heard/read.

3. warlock110

warlock110 Regular Member

the nano 9600 is definitely not stiff, i own one. flex with rediculous speed. very defensive racket, if you got good technique it'll be nice to use, without technique your smash is like 5mph.

4. neogenesus

neogenesus Regular Member

student
    Nano 900 power is quite flexible and light weight, it also head heavy which means it is going to help a lot when smashing.

5. ilovedude

ilovedude Regular Member

Hi,
    Information from the web both stern 100 & 85 has balance point of 285 +/-3mm and 85 gm +/- total weight (based on both 4U) how come you have the experience that only stern 85 is head heavy ? Could you elaborate a little bit more with thanks.

6. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Actually I guess I forgot to mention that the Stern 100 is head heavy... but I never said it wasn't either.

The balance points that Apacs points on are kind of bogus... I asked the seller how come every Apacs racket basically specifies the exact same balance, and his response was that the +- 5mm is what distinguishes it from another racket. So two rackets can be labeled 285+-5, and one can be head heavy and the other isn't...

7. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    hello everyone...
    i am an APACS racquet user. i am currently owning a NanoPower900 (Red) and a EdgeSaber10. i found that my NanoPower900 (strung at 22lbs/0.66mm) is not really that powerful when comes to smashes, but for defensive play is good. i prefer EdgeSaber 10 because it is much more powerful when comes to smashes.

as a result, i prefer head heavy racquet as it is more powerful for offensive play.
    can anyone recommend me any APACS racquets, other than EdgeSaber10, which are head heavy, and are fairly good for defensive play as well? thanks :)

8. ilovedude

ilovedude Regular Member

Thank you thejym.
    Darien, VH1500 should be good for you.

#2148 ilovedude, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  9. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    ilovedude, Thanks :D

10. Simb1

Simb1 Regular Member

New Apacs Fan.
    Currently use Tantrum 300 and VH 1700.
    Tantrum 300 is a very good all around, balanced and ligth-medium weight.
    VH 1700 is a bit more head heavy and a different feeling, will test then longer.

11. gkyw228

gkyw228 New Member

salesman
    i have a question about the lethal 30/35 with 4 oval ports at the head,
    the oval ports looks quite big, and seems easy to get crack.
    should i strung it the normal way 2 strings/4 knots at 24/26lbs, cross
    start from head. any thing i need to pay attention to..

12. uzair

uzair Regular Member

Government Worker
    [​IMG]

A happy user of Apacs.I bought APacs Power concept 998(MP 99 clone) and Nanopower 9900, then 2 weeks ago bought another one Apacs Armorpower 700.For me, the Armorpower 700 is suited the type of my play and the racket feel great everytime I want to clear,playing net play and also smashes.

Lucky for me to have this old Apacs 700.Bought 5 of them as 2 are for play and 3 more to just be in the bag for collector item.

13. neogenesus

student
    Just got time to play using my new Apacs Nano 900 power (red & white) that I got from "buy 1 get 1 free" deal. :D
    I didn't know that this racket is somewhat similar to AT900. :eek: I strung it at 26-28 lbs using Apacs 66 spider string. I usually strung at 24 lbs and even the highest was 25-27 lbs because Apacs charged only $10 for the stringing so I thought why not try a higher tension than I normally would, even if it break fast and "harder" to handle, I will only lose $10. Expecting it to be too hard for me, I was actually surprised at how easy it is to hit with high tension. Net shots, smashes, drop shots, clears are easier to execute.
    Now to the racket itself :p, it is light (4U) but because it is head heavy, it feels heavier than my nanospeed 7000 (3U) and it also quite flexible eventho on the shaft it said "stiff", but when I hit he birdie, I can actually feel the shaft bend to generate power (this is also maybe due to higher tension). I can clear base to base with ease, smash returns are easy as well (I can actually return it like I am doing a clear), net shots are also easier to control. Overall, the racket feels solid when hitting the birdie, no vibration except when you hit the frame :p, good power and light making it easy to maneuver for defending shots. It was not hard for me to adapt to this racket because I have a clone AT700 (old paint) that is 4U also so it is more to the string tension.
    The two rackets looks similar except for the paint job and the "aero" (white) and "box" (red) letter. At first, I thought this is only a gimmick, but when I was using the white racket (aero), I can swing it faster than the red one. I hit my left arm several times because it swing faster, this never happened when I am using the red one. Weird, but it is true for me :D.

14. AmourAce1000

AmourAce1000 Regular Member

marketing
    Welcome to the Apacs club, specially when u discover the Nano 900 power (red/white).
    i personally like the white color more than red. i even bought another white for reserve recently.
    somehow, i do enjoy using these racket on my game.

15. neogenesus

student
    Yea, I too feel that the white one swings a little bit faster than the red one. Although the power is about the same for both, but if you are a wristy player, the white one will suit you better than the red one. Both are nice racket nonetheless :)

16. Huey_Nee

Huey_Nee Regular Member

Student
    New and happy apacs user here :)
    Currently using EdgeSaber 9, 23lbs
    I discover I can easily hit a baseline stroke without using much force, but need to train on my backhand more.

17. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

boss, still can get this ArmorPower 700 ? where ?
    I've been looking for this model, because my previous one (APACS ArmorPower 700) was broken in 2006, and never get it anymore ....

18. AmourAce1000

marketing

i strung the white racket with YY BG6, 26lbs. i found the tension perform very good, special with white color string. (maybe personal feeling..:p??)
    it's good on net control, front court drop shot. smash power might not as good as the red one, since the red one is more heavy on its box frame.
    As u said, both r good racket.

19. AmourAce1000

marketing
    Recently i saw the new APACS Edge Saber Z on sale, exactly same color design as YY. i was wonder anyone here had try this racket? Any comment?

20. uzair

uzair Regular Member

Government Worker
    I don't know anywhere else but i just borong all the model at small local shop near BSN at bukit cina, Melaka..He said that this model is hard to find anymore, so I bought it.

At first, i want to buy Yonex armortec 700, but find it's price is too expensive for a player like me..The armorpower 700 is 4U-G2 rackets.Feel a bit light compared to Yonex armortec 700, but the different was not so much I think because it suited my type of play.

Easily to clear and smashes, even playing in the net is also easy. The vibrate also not as much as Apacs Nanopower 9900.