Taufik Hidayat's apology for the 2009 Super Series Masters Finals failure

Discussion in 'Super Series Masters Final 2009' started by chris-ccc, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    lol, TH worshipper always bring this up( and the ronald S match) lol
    let me straighten out your clogged head, LD wasn't an OG or a 3 times WC champ when he lost to psh. Why don't you bring up LD's losses when he was 10-19 yrs old too lol. Let me remind u, TH also lost to JP, and some chinese rookies before as well(plus some more lowly players i forgot), and this is when TH is a proven magican.

if TH has any tricks left, surely he should able to take down HYH or give a good fight, instead the match lasted only 31 mins. lol
    HYH lost to an injured CJ in china open.

#22 cooler, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

sorry but that's how one sure way to beat their opponent, making them to play your game and not their, duhhhhhhhh. :rolleyes:

wow HYH is a QFinalist in 08OG, does this mean anything when the matches of pre-QF included players from,hmmm *scratch chin*:

iran
    zambia
    guatemala
    USA
    AUS
    portugal
    ireland
    czech republic
    estonia
    ukraine
    spain
    vietnam
    algeria
    india
    NZ
    russia lithuania
    poland
    germany
    finland.
    :confused:

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

lol, not my call but TH and yonex's call.
    as a independent, prolly yonex's highest paid badminton pro, with his own yonex apparel product line, surely if TH can't win a SS, at least win one match from a no-title player. It's tough call for u becoz u really dunno wat to say. It was an easy call for me tho

--------Matches-----------------------Picks---Win--Loss

Taufik.Hidayat....... vs Yu.Hsin.Hsieh......__4...__1...__3

#24 cooler, Dec 5, 2009
  5. Pink_Suika

Pink_Suika Regular Member

i duno how much u play, but u must be an AWESOME player ALL the time...maybe u should tell us what's your secret to 100% performance all the time.

what i meant was, Taufik was just having a bad tournament, and it just so happens his draw wasn't that great. not an excuse because he doesn't need one. he was just sending a message to his supporters. that's all.

as for HYH, if you've seen him play, he's a decent player. OG08, he didn't beat just those players, he played Malaysia WCH to get to QF. Regardless, this thread's not about how "bad" of a player u think HYH is...

Taufik's apologies were for his supporters. if you are not one of them, that's fine.

6. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Well,

I Think most people fans as well as fanatics :) can agree that TH "needs" motivation to play a good game these days..

When he played HYH, he had allready lost to LCW and Bao, and hence really had nothing to play for (except not being last in the group)...

I think Taufik really suffered from lack of motivation in the last match
    :)

/Twobeer

7. Pink_Suika

agreed...
    just wished he didn't have to end his year this way. but of course, loss can be a source of motivation for next year :)

8. greatbahman

greatbahman New Member

Researcher
    Hi there,

I don't really understand this argument about someone's being a hero or loser. TH was certainly not able to play properly against LCW. You can see this by paying attention to his behaviour and play in the court, even from his facial expressions. His blogs says something about injury or muscle cramp if I am not mistaken. Any way... However the match between TH-LCW is an equal match regarding the style (and not scores), compared to HSIEH-LCW in which LCW was certainly dominant (despite HSIEH scored better that TH against LCW). LCW and TH are both exceptional players that I enjoy watching them. One may always win and one may always lose.

I remember a worth-mentioning result. In the age of Indonesian Super-Athletes about 1990-1995 (Allan Budi Kusuma, Ardy B. Wiranata, Joko Suprianto, Heryanto Arbi), when Arbi reached his peak performance he defeated Joko in Asian games 15-1, 15-1 !!!, It didn't last more than 2 years when everything reversed. Joko defeated Arbi 15-1, 15-1 (Malaysia Open ?) !!!
    Allan Busi Kusuma lost to Foo K. Keong in Thomas Cup Final 1992 (Maybe the main reason why Indonesia lost to Malaysia) in the year he got th OG Gold medal !!

I don't take these win/lose seriously. Lin Dan probably has more titles than LCW and TH, but I (quite personally) don't like his style. It doesn't match my style of play.

Sorry for my long preach :-D
    B.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

at least that's a more decent 'excuse' to lose:p
    but then again, he got all his movtivation he wanted; independent status, no more fight with pbsi, win for his daughter, eat, sleep and trains when he wanted. If national pride is not it, and money from SSMF is not it, what would be his motivation btw so their fans can help him out. Is he still searching his inner self?

#29 cooler, Dec 5, 2009
  10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

lol, i wish i was so i can get sponsored by yonex. If one is a self declared pro, u should act a pro, ie , be in top form & try your best. Real pro don't make up excuses tournament after tournament

#30 cooler, Dec 5, 2009
  11. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    :) Maybe the financial freedom, and freedom to train when and how you want, may not always be a perfect thing if you have the slightest tendency to be "lazy" ;)

/Twobeer

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

well, that is what he wanted, isn't that considered motivations achieved????:D i think TH fans should help out TH by doing a group training with him, give him a wake up call each morning, a full regiment of training routine followup with a pow wow session:p
    isn't there is a saying, success is 90% perspiraton and 10% inspiration?
    i think all top sport pros out there follow this formula. I guess TH fans see him as more special than other pros

#32 cooler, Dec 5, 2009
  13. Pink_Suika

does taufik look like someone who cares about what others think of him? lol, obviously he's grown up since those days, that's why he feels the need to respond to his supporters for his results. not an excuse, more like a response.

but i do completely agree with you about how a pro should be. Except, to be in top form all the time is definitely easier said than done. but yes, no harm in trying for anything.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

lol here too. It does looks contradictory here.

ok, let me know when he's in top form ok? so i can change my paw

#34 cooler, Dec 5, 2009
  15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    We cannot say that Taufik was using the "tough draw" as an excuse

From the article, Taufik said the draw he received "was tough" before the tournament started. He did not say it after he bowed out without a win in his group matches. We cannot say that Taufik was using the "tough draw" as an excuse.

After the tournament, Taufik said “I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to play my game, the one that everyone was expecting. Hopefully, I will do better next year”.

Yes, he was responding to his supporters. He was not giving an excuse.

#35 chris-ccc, Dec 5, 2009
  16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

So, the safe way is to self declare any injury, any potential challenges beforehand, and any bad result afterward is not your fault. Wish we all can get that kind of treatment. This is so pro,lol. Too bad bwf didn't change the draw coz it's a tough draw for him.

u must have nice parents and teacher
    u go to exams and read the questions and declare the questions look hard.
    Then u get a 'F', and teacher and parent should overlook that exam because u got one thing right,it was a tough exam?

#36 cooler, Dec 5, 2009
  17. whack_d_net

whack_d_net Regular Member

Student
    Hehehe
    Wow whatta funny thread, just like another TH's blablabla after his yadayadayada threads :D
    Well, if you kind of know him a little, it's not that surprising at all
    In the last match i already predict that we can't expect such inspiring match from TH, as he won't fight for his life especially when it won't make such big difference at all

This is TH we're babblin about, moreover he already cited injury. Though it's quite suspicious, i guess it's no use to force his body with the risk of greater injuries :rolleyes:

He already tried, but this time he failed miserably
    I'm getting used to hear his (whatever you call it) responds/excuse, yep it's kinda lame :p
    The truth is, as time passes by, right now he's just the shadow of his former self
    But, he's still one of the best artist on the court nonetheless
    On his good mood and day, definitely i still enjoy his game and will support him, though i'm not a big fan :)

Oh and btw, i guess i found that cooler's "responds and excuses" on every single TH yadayadayada threads always much funnier and worth a read
    Especially when it starts to involving LD
    Really make my day
    LOL :D:D:D

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

well thx for the accolade from INA.
    I can't underestimate TH on his marketing skills tho, he's sure milking all his worth from yonex and other sponsors on his past images, not current/future performance. He had them fooled didn't he? lol Religion is a big business i tell ya;)

One correcton on your post, i don't bring up LD on TH thread, writing about TH is entertaining enough. I only correct people who bring up LD and say incorrect things about him. U can't fault me for correcting wrong information, right?

BTW, u should also go check into other 'Why Taufik Lost' threads as well;)

#38 cooler, Dec 5, 2009
  19. lindaweni

lindaweni Regular Member

student
    really love this thread. It makes my day :p

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

thx lindaweni. It would be more fun had Indra and Taufik-ist join in the thread:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.