PREVIEW: Carlton Vapour Trail Tour / Elite

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, May 8, 2009.

1. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

I like to play with AT900T and VTT. Both are good is some ways and I like to play both.

So it that means that VTE would be great for me.

I think that VTT and VTE are more racket where you use wrist for power. Because my wrist is not so strong I think that I will like VTT more.

VTE is more head heavy and stiff but I think this is more a racket to be compared with Yonex Z-slash???

Thanks for your additional inputs ...

2. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Nah, the ZS and the VTT are actually reasonably similar. The VTT is a lot lighter in the hand, but they have similar design features like a 'hybrid' headshape, tight stringbed, short handle, mid flex shaft etc.

3. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Great!

If I like VTT then I will like my new Z I think.

So you think that I should then consider Elite version which is more attack based?

4. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

Is the VTT very close to the RSL x2 Blue?

5. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

Sorry For double post, but is the VTT durable?

6. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    The vapour trail superlite seems durable, although the VTT is on average 1 gram lighter, so maybe very very very slightly less durable? I have had my superlite strung at 26lbs by 28lbs. It has survived clashes with no paint chips or frame collapses. But durability can be a weird one, some people break rackets more easily than others, I have only broken one racket in three years of playing, which was through a racket clash.

I would say that as I was stringing it it was bending around a fair amount when pulling the crosses at the top, with the side supports in the slightly wrong place. So it survived a beginner stringing it, although I've yet to break a racket whilst stringing (long may that last!)

7. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I certainly haven't heard of or seen one break yet. I know from the one I tested that the paintwork seemed pretty durable - I would say much better quality than the Yonex paintjobs generally are. Other than that, I can't really comment as I haven't had one break or clashed heavily with it.

8. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Because you have full mailbox I am sending this question here because I know you have all tree rackets.

I have VTT, AT900T and Z and I notice that it is really hard for me playing with AT900T after I tried Carlton VTT and Z. Maybe it is just a day reason or maybe is the type of play which I am playing with different people.

With VTT I can smash quick defense great power as well. Just right stiffness for me I guess. Maybe this influence of strings as well. I still have original strings and I found them just great.

AT900T really heavy racket after you change it from VTT during the game. It is powerful but it looks like that needs more power in my arm to get most out of it. And wrist as well. Maybe it is just type of game wich I'm having with people.

Today for example I played two times. One game with one player wich smash a lot and I did not get right feeling with AT900T having smashes, control, power.
    After that I had a game with totally different player with do not smash and I really enjoy using VTT. What a great racket!!! I really think that Carlton make a good series of racket this time. Never like this brand but I do not know why exactly....

I also like Z very much. Good control, good power and I really like switching between VTT and Z. They are in the way so similar.

Please let me know your opinion AT900T vs. VTT and how much you use it and when?

Thanks for your time!!!

Regards

9. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

What do you think...If I like VTT very much and right is my racket of choice that I will also like Elite or this is another think to play with?

I really like new carlton line.

Nice work!!!!

10. stephan_fr

stephan_fr New Member

I want to know that Carlton Air Rage S-lite is stiffer than VTT?

Who is better in the double and defense?

11. hajabah

hajabah New Member

Student
    Hey man. I don't have the vapour trail just yet. But my Powerblade is very powerful. And the Airblade is more of a control racquet. From what I hear, the VTE is awesome. I'm looking to get one soon enough. :D

12. gamegood101

gamegood101 Regular Member

engineer
    i have a fireblade iso elite and just got a VTE,to be honest not a load in it,both with ashaway micro legend xl around 24lbs,VTE paint job is better lol,but if any power player out there wants a stiff head heavy racket get the blade cause its like £50+ cheaper and really not that much better,both great rackets though,would defo recommend them ;-)

13. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I'm tempted to try a Carlton racquet after playing with Yonex for 10 years. Where would I go about getting one shipped to the US?

14. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Does anyone know where can I find spare grommets for the Carlton Vapour Trail Tour, in particular the translucent ones on the side of the frame?

15. Easy Tiger

Bum
    Best place I found when shopping around, was Wisdens of Hastings. They have an ebay.co.uk shop, and are happy to ship internationally for a reasonable cost. Most other places won't.

The Vapour Trail Tour is a lovely racket, but we warned it does use the same design principles as the ArcSaber Z-Slash, so if you're looking for a big, generous sweetspot, the VTT is not your racket. It's also very light in the hand a stiff like a Nanospeed 9900, so keep that in mind, too.

I'm not really using mine, so if you want a cheap example to try before investing more heavily, feel free to PM me.

16. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

I agree that is very light my was with string as 2x Yonex grip arround 94g if I remember.

But for sure it is not as stiff as 9900 is or I had defective - soft racket. :eek:

17. hamza90

hamza90 Regular Member

I've been using a Carlton Airblade Superlite for about 4 years now. But I wanna switch to the VT Elite. Does anyone know where I can get one in Canada or get it shipped here?

18. Easy Tiger

Bum
    Read....up....two.....posts.

19. hamza90

hamza90 Regular Member

For shipping it I know you can get it from different websites, but I was hoping to get it in store somewhere in Canada. Do you know if I can get it in store somewhere in the Middle East or would I have to get it online there as well?

20. hamza90

hamza90 Regular Member

Middle East as in Saudi Arabia. Wisdens has like two Carlton rackets on their ebay store website.