Nanospeed 9900 Vs Arcsaber Z-slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by anantbhasin, Sep 18, 2009.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    btw.. Tour versions of golf drivers are usually not more unforgiving than regular versions. The real differences between tour and standard models is usually that tour models have a square to open face and standard models have a closed face, the tour models also tend to have a lower launch angle compared to the standard model due the positioning of weight in the head.

Check for example out the review of Nikes tour driver.. where it is highlighted that it is extreme forgiving for off-center hits...

http://thesandtrap.com/clubs/nike_sasquatch_tour_driver_review

/T

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I have hcp 12 , so I am not o great golfer, but Yes, I do know how to hit the fairway now and again..

/T

3. druss

druss Regular Member

So you're seriously saying that you think it's harder to hit a badminton shuttle than a golf ball correctly? I'm not saying it's easier either way but the coordination to hit a golf ball 300 yards when you've got a club that's over 1m long I think is harder than it is to hit a shuttle 20 yards.

Having owned both a tour version and a regular version I can say that it's more difficult to hit a tour version cleanly, this is for taylormade, never tried a nike tour version.

Beyond this discussion, my point was that the z slash need focus and coordination to hit correctly.

Beyond that

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    First I think you may be taking my commets about the moving ball a tad to serious :) .. I did never say golf was an "easy sport".. Just that there is a distinct difference hiting a static target compared to hitting a moving one..
    If you dont beleive this try letting someone throw the golf ball to you when you swing ,and then try to hit the faiway with the driver :) ..

My main point is really that the game of golf and badminton is very different so it is not really comaprable.

Another example to illustrate this is that you have have ONE racket in badminton which has to be a compromise for all shots, both the smashes (long drives) and delicate shot (puts, pitch, lobs, chips...). A racket that only can be used as a "driver" is a bad compromise really.. You seldom see pro golfer dig out the woods from the bag when a few feet from the flag..
    A badminton racket will alwasy be a compromise as it needs to be good both in control, feel, speed, defence and offence.. A golf club can really be more designed to do one thing and one thing only well...

I don't think the reason the top pros stay away from the Z is that they lack focus and coordination....

/T

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Very interesting question - my answer is I have absolutely no idea:confused:!

IMO the Z was simply too BIG of a leap (whether in the "right" direction or not), with too many new properties being tried at once, to allow us to assess it meaningfully. A better move might have been, for example, to stick the new head onto a new Nanospeed, while keeping the same shaft and balance. This way the head could have been evaluated properly, etc. A good scientist never changes two variables at once...

In retrospect it can be argued that Yonex were courting disaster with this racket:D.

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Tried again with the Z tonight - kept at it for a couple of games and my timing finally improved. I have to admit, when you really crank it and get hold of one properly it screams off like a m**********r! My defence with the Z also improved. The plot thickens:D...

7. AurorAX

AurorAX Regular Member

Biotech Sales / Marketing
    Oh no! Resist the temptation of the dark side!

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Arc Z is a racket that received warmest welcome from China recreational Badminton player.
    I will definitely buy this next time:D:D:D

9. bernardlee

bernardlee Regular Member

RSAF
    Owner of ns9900 and have tried the Z-slash.

ns9900 super-fast racket with large sweetspot. excellent for defense, better suited for doubles. But too head-light thus lack power for singles.

Z-slash very nice weight, feels and sounds good to swing. More power smashes but small sweet spot. IMO better for singles or advanced players.

10. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

what the hecks... just get both rackets and enjoy the game...

both rackets are indeed improved from their respective range...

NS9900 >>> top of the nanospeed series
    ArZ Z>>> top of the Arcsaber series..

Both rackets are unique and worth the collection....

I must admit that the Arc Z really take sometimes to gel with. attacking player are definitely encourage to use it... the sound that you smash was astonishing with my BG66M string... you must also have the wrist power and correct execution to do that. so far i dun think you can find another racket that has this power!!!

NS9900 is also another my favourite as it was definitely the fastest racket i ever use or seen anyone use before... when i hold this racket... i feel i can defend better.... unlike Arc Z... when i hold Arc Z.... I become aggressive!!

haha...must admit that these two racket really possessed my soul and turn me into two different player!! i alway use Arc Z for the first part of my game when i'm the strongest!!

Goodwork Yonex... for your development of racket under the compeitition of Li-ning...

11. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

i own both and nearly has identical views with you. love them bother except i like arc zs more nowadays (still switch back and forth sometimes) as yours.

now, i also think li ning is way overpriced, period, end of story.

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Metal,
    Juventus1 seemed to have pretty strange ideas about these rackets overall in another thread (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1331182&postcount=102) he claimed NS9900 is not suitable for doubles, and that Lin has poor netplay etc. etc.. Pretty weird views I think.. did you follow those threads?

Yeah.. Li Nings are overpriced.. But I guess that goes for Yonex, Ferrari and alot of other nice stuff as well :) .. That is why we have to resort to SantaClaus up here in the north, ha ha :D

/Twobeer

13. MetalOrange

hey, this is the season to be jolly. so turn the volume down or up--when partying. i saw it just as i was having exchanges with drifit on another thread. well, drifit moderated.

but of course ld is the best and still world number 2 with so much less tournaments entered. statistically, he is world number one! no question.

merry x'mas mr. tc700 and btw, you read the zelm thread, tempted to get a green zelm 10000? they are not overpriced:D unlike li ning:). oh come on, yonex are 'worth' that much, ha ha.

oh i'm lovin' my arc zs. just sunday, after playing and some rest. i started tossing a shuttle up in the air as i would toss a tennis ball and smash it as hard as i can, alternating with my ns9900. verdict? arc zs is the harder smasher (though not as stiff as ns9900) but i get it right more times with ns9900. i did about 50 each and boy was i sore in the shoulder, elbow and wrist!

MetalOrange

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Haha, fun workout, but you shouldnt be sore by doing only 100 smashes :)

I have stayed away of the tiny "startups" like Zelm, Panda etc.. mainly because i feel that they are focusing more on a value proposition than a research/technology advancement proposition.. Of course, If Zelm, Panda or others come with some new tempting technology.. then ...

I am so so tempted to buy myself a Mizuno luminasonic (i saw on shuttle-house.com that it was released in Japan) to see if the "Solid Carbon Concept" material is something useful..

/Twobeer

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

merry x mad metal orange and twobeer + everyone else !!!!!!!!!

I noticed recently that my smash with the ns9900 is as powerful as my AT900t
    Which is great news so far the at900t has stayed in the bag for the last two weeks and at the moment it looks like stating there till next year at least when it gets restrung
    LD

16. MetalOrange

merry x'mas to you too. well, i am converted to laser yellow arc zs but the ns9900 really has a wider sweetspot compared to the elongated sweetspot of zs (still very small in relative terms). i guess you gotta keep ur at900t handy at all times.

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

yeah in case worse comes to the worse that I break a string in a match it's one of the best back ups to have (apart from another ns9900:p)
    LD

18. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Now don't you go upsetting a Panda - they are aggressive beasts :rolleyes:.

And when did "research/technology advancement" actually result in a better racket ?? :D:rolleyes:.

Let's be honest, we've heard quite enough 'advancement' bull with the ArcZ !!! :).

19. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    True, true.. But suddenly something groundbreaking may come along, and then I will not want to miss it :) ..Who knows..

/Twobeer

20. Grotius

Grotius Regular Member

I finally got to try out the Z slash last night. You guys have been causing me to panic with your talk of small sweet spot.However, that gave me no problems at all.
    For info, mine is strung with BG85 at the maximum Yonnex recomendation, 24lbs.
    I'm very very happy with the racquet. My smashes seemed to be better,flat shots too, but they were never my problem. My weak point has always been my backhand, especially from the back of the court. With the Z Slash, I am getting the distance I needed.
    It's made me realise that my backhand gesture is fine, I just wasn't getting enough 'whoomph' behind the bird. With the Z Slash: problem solved! I'm really delighted by it.
    I like a racquet strung with a lot of pressure. Can anyone tell me how much the Z slash can really take beyond Yonnex's recomendations?