Tan Kim Her might return to Msia??

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by eaglehelang, Jan 14, 2008.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    NO venture no gain...as I say, no such thing as 'free' otherwise these are lousy business people who spent money and got nothing back;).

Hahaha!!! What you say pretty much sum it all:D

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    In Hiring TKH.. it is from BAM's Funds. Not NSC's funds. NSC told BAM if they want to hire TKH.. it will be from BAM's account.

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

http://www.hmetro.com.my/myMetro/articles/MIKENY/Article

Kenny Goh's(BAM GM) response. Basically he says the picture is not as painted by the media, just speculation (esp BH but of course he didnt mention that) & it's getting ridiculous(mengarut). And that BAM is not trying to terminate Rexy's contract.

Hahaha, the funniest part is when Kenny said "The reporter who made the speculation must be sitting in the BAM Committee. He/she seems to know so much, even I didnt hear of this." :p
    If I not mistaken, Kenny attends those meetings, so...

http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_News/BH/Tuesday/Sukan/20100112013209/Article/print_html

#103 eaglehelang, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    but
    kenny goh didnt answer the question of:
    why/who want to hire tkh IF it is not been discussed?;)

well
    one might not need to be inside to know insider info
    like me

#104 limsy, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  5. olympic

olympic Regular Member

In hiring TKH,the doubles' chief coach Rexy didn't even know about it...this is the BIG JOKE I have ever heard for the start of 2010...and it is even ridiculous that hiring TKH was just a "wishes" of certain BAM's officer,it shown that it's totally a system of mess in BAM's set-up.

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Bro,

Then the next question is where does BAM get its funding from?

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

This major fumble is gonna come back and bite us all in the backside big time.

8. eaglehelang

On the record he cannot answer mah, off the record maybe.;)
    When read all this drama, can LOL, LOL. Sad part is the players & coaches will be the ones get caught in the middle of the politicking & suffer.

9. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Since NSC won't pay for TKH's salary,BAM die die must bear it...Thus,next the storyline goes like that:"BAM will seek for more sponsors in order to cover their "extra expenses" due to the arrival of TKH".

On a separate note,I wonder if BAM already find their sponsors to re-pay the prize money that owing to their players at 2008 & 2009 Super Series Finals

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    in my opinion
    it is ok to hire tkh back base on what he had achieve:)
    but the way he(yes,he,not bam) hire tkh is wrong
    the structure of bam so funny,one can decide for the whole asociation;)

anyway,2009 ssmf will be pay by bwf and not bam:)

11. eaglehelang

Just to clarify for olympic, the above info was from Harian Metro article, 25 Dec 2009. Supposed is BAM pay the 2008 prize $$$ & BWF pay the 2009 one.

And in BH article a few days later, it's hinted by BAM President hat some sponsors have not yet given BAM the $$$ promised, which caused BAM to be cash strapped in their budget.

Utusan Msia brought up this issue 1st, in the article it said other country players have been paid their prize(it didnt say all or some), Msia players not yet, no reason given. Which would explain why we dont read of other country players making noise.;)

12. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Thanks limsy and eagle for the clarification.

13. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday February 19, 2010
    Rexy moves three back-up doubles combos to elite team

KUALA LUMPUR: National doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky has made some minor changes to the coaching set-up to accommodate new doubles coach Tan Kim Her.

He announced yesterday that he had moved up three top back-up pairs – Lim Khim Wah-Chan Peng Soon, Mak Hee Chun-Tan Wee Kiong and Ong Soon Hock-Hoon Thien How – into the elite team with Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.
    All of them will come under coach Rosman Razak.

“My plan before Kim Her came into the picture was to move the top three back-up pairs into the elite team as part of our Thomas Cup Finals preparation,” said Rexy after a meeting with Kim Her.

“This will allow the back-up pairs to spar with Koo and Tan on a regular basis,” said Rexy.

“It is important for the back-up shuttlers to narrow the gap on Koo-Tan.
    “For now, they have too much respect for Koo and Tan.

“This is why I did not put these three pairs under Kim Her. Besides, we did not want any drastic changes because the other coaches have already made their plans.”
    Rexy said that he felt it was best for Kim Her to groom three others – Teo Kok Siang-Goh Wei Shem, Vountus Indra Mawan-Mohd Lutfi Zaim Abdul Khalid and Pang Zheng Lin-Chooi Kah Ming.

These three pairs had been under Rexy’s care since the start of this year.
    “I have also asked Kim Her to allow Wei Shem to train with the elite team until the Thomas Cup Finals,” said Rexy, who will take temporary charge of elite shuttlers Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif.

“For now, Fairuzizuan-Zakry will train with me, together with Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty (top women’s pair). I will send them (Fairuzizuan-Zakry) back to Rosman when I am happy with their form.”

Rexy said that Pang Cheh Chang, who had been put in charge of the men’s back-up squad, would now work with Chang Kim Wai in the women’s doubles department while Jeremy Gan would remain as the mixed doubles coach.

“I think this is the best arrangement for now. I do not want to make any major changes before the Thomas Cup Finals. This will be my proposal to the coaching and training committee.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2010/2/19/sports/5701501.asp&sec=sports

Maybe the mods can change the thread title to "TKH is back" or "TKH has returned to Msia". In yesterday's article it states TKH will start work next Tue, 23 Feb.

Hmm, did they miss out Razif/Ong Jien Guo & Goh JH/Lau WH or they still under Pang/Rexy. Basically TKH will start with 3 pairs until after TC/Uber in May.

#113 eaglehelang, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  14. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday February 19, 2010
    Tan told to mould lowest ranked pairs into world beaters
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Newly-recruited coach Tan Kim Her has been assigned the three lowest ranked men’s pairs in the national team and tasked with moulding them into world-beaters.

And he is ready to work his magic on back-up shuttlers Goh Wei Shem-Teo Kok Siang, Vountus Indra Mawan-Mohd Lutfi Zaim Abdul Khalid and Pang Zheng Lin-Chooi Kah Ming.
    After all, he has done it before.

In South Korea, he took charge of then world junior champion Lee Yong-dae and he turned him into a world class player.

In England, he took greenhorn Chris Adcock under his wings and now the Englishman is able to give the top players a run for their money.

“I am not a magician who can transform players just like that. It takes time. The challenges in South Korea and England were different because of their cultures.

“It will be more challenging here but I am ready to give it a go,” said Kim Her.

Yesterday, he was given the duty to groom the three back-up pairs after a short meeting with national doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky.

Zheng Lin-Kah Ming are the newly-promoted players from the Buki Jalil Sports School (BJSS).

The 18-year-olds are members of the team who won the Asian junior mixed team title while Kah Ming also won the world junior title with Ow Yao Han in Kedah last year.

Kok Siang is also a world junior champion, having won the title with former partner Mak Hee Chun in 2008.

Vountus, Lutfi and Wei Shem have been in the back-up team for about two years but with no outstanding results.

Kok Siang-Wei Shem are ranked 138th in the world after playing in only three international tournaments, followed by Zheng Lin-Kah Ming (215th) and Vountus-Lutfi (265th).

“I met Rexy today and he told me to take care of these three back-up pairs.

“I do not know much about them but I am determined to start afresh with them,” said Kim Her, who will begin work on Tuesday.

“Rexy will propose this (the allocation of the players) at the next coaching and training committee meeting.

“It will be a challenge for me to groom these players but one that I am looking forward to. I will do some homework and set targets for them to achieve.

“But first, I want to meet these players and build a good relationship with them.”

Kim Her said that he would demand a lot from the players.

“I plan to introduce three training sessions a day, just like what I did in South Korea and England. The most important aspect is their discipline and commitment in training,” he said.

“I will keep Rexy informed as far as my planning and training programmes for the players are concerned,” added Kim Her, who said he would come out with a more strategic planning for his players after getting to know them better and assessing their games in the next one month.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2010/2/19/sports/5701255.asp&sec=sports

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Chess game

Its like you are the department head.

Your employers went behind your back and hired a potential successor.

In order to make things look good, you go about being polite about it and say how you look forward to working with this would be successor.

And your successor reciprocate, stating how much he look forward working with you & blah blah blah ....

What do you?

You assigned him the most impossible job possible :)

-------------------------------------

Rexy is one smart chap. Master stroke of a move. ;)
    Goh Wei Shem-Teo Kok Siang, Vountus Indra Mawan-Mohd Lutfi Zaim Abdul Khalid and Pang Zheng Lin-Chooi Kah Ming ... these are no Lee Yong-daes in the making.
    It is like asking Gus Hiddink to train and mould Ranjit Singh s/o Ajitpal Singh into Lionel Messi.

16. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    hahaha... that's what I thought as well... In fact I think BAM was going to give up on these chaps.

BUT if TKH manage to up these chaps level a bit... then DANG DANG DANG!!!

17. eaglehelang

Huh? You mean Vountus/Lufti is it? Chooi/Pang just promoted from BJSS this yr, now only Feb;). If TKH takes the new rookies, then there's another 2 more pairs after Youth OG in Aug, including Chooi's WJC partner Ow.

Anyway, it's just a start, as per NSC Director instruction, cannot disrupt TC preparations. After TC in May, sure more changes, politics... & drama :p:p

18. seanyiu

seanyiu New Member

Engineering
    The fault lays with BAM that created this awkward and uneasy situation. However, the loser is Rexy unless he wins big with those he has in his charge. Rexy has forced himself into a corner and will probably resign if he does not win big in 2010.

19. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I really don't understand why all the fuss and blame-throwing about hiring a coach.
    As employers or boss the BAM has a management job to run and manage. It has the power to hire and fire, including coaches. No coach, no matter how important or indispensable he is, is above the "law". If he doesn't perform, then take the necessary corrective action.
    Based on facts: Tan Kim Her has done well, as shown by his past records in both Korea and England. Rexy, after that 2007 AE, has been struggling to repeat his earlier success. So, action is required, and that means looking out for someone with the most recent proven success and who is available.
    Rexy is a professional and he knows he lives or falls on the "silverware" he can deliver. I am quite surprised he has shown such childish response to TKH's hire. Maybe, he is still living in cloud 9. Perhaps, now there is a sense of competition for him-and that is good for Malaysia and even for Rexy.
    Perhaps Rexy should learn to be more mature and less emotional.

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

From state level type of shuttlers to state champion level?
    A mule is a mule. No matter how you feed it, how you groom it or how you train it, it is still a mule. A mule will never be an Arabian stallion.