Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. narnia

narnia Regular Member

It might be a specialized racket made only for YD from Victor.

Just kidding. ~:)

2. hduong

hduong Regular Member

Hard to imagine that LYD and LHJ won Olympic gold if LHJ is that bad. LHJ just need to be more consistent and improve in defense. She is very good when she is on.

3. nsync

nsync Regular Member

LYD stick with brave sword 09 while JJS switch to Spira-21 :D

4. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Actually, you need some luck to get Gold in Olympics.

Remember the ultimate and "consistent" team of KDM and RKM. Could you imagine they would fail to win the Gold after legendary tens of consecutive wins in the major tournaments?

If you always consistent, the opponents will do more practice preparing for you - that goes like that. I just mean that it's not always good to be "consistent" in some cases, ironically. :)

5. hanilam

hanilam Regular Member

cc
    I like his talent, he is good in every attack by the opp. his anticipation is very advance. that was what commented by one of the Malaysia former player in JB last year. he is so cute and more handsome by days is he grow older. I hope to see him more in action for this year 2010. Wish his all the best GOD BLESS HIM & HIS PARTNER JJS. BUT I hope they should review his md partners maybe its time for them to change her with some who is younger perhaps! please don't get mad on my suggestion.

6. hanilam

hanilam Regular Member

cc
    Only lately in 2009 her performance is down, she use to play well before that. don't know what happen to her! I notice that they are out in 1st round (in Korean Open) It is really wasted if they still pun LYD to be her partner as LYD is very talented player. they should review and change his partner to the younger one.

7. ceanne

ceanne Regular Member

student
    Xd

In my opinion, something is holding LHJ back - her age. she's 28/29 now and for a woman, by that age, it's kind of hard to be consistent. first, stamina wise, it's already given that LHJ's might have been weaken. LYD is a young player therefore,he can do all the moves on court and a man's (boy's) stamina does not deteriorate(i am not sure if this is the appropriate term to use) easily and we have witnessed this to the likes of Cai Yun, JJS (he's 27), Danish pair and so on. second is the ever-presence of pressure for having grabbed the olympic title. it is somewhat obvious that LHJ feels pressured all the time especially because his partner LYD, is a very dynamic player. I think what is needed is to push LHJ more and made her feel she's good. Look, everytime we put the blame on her whenever they lose, what do you think would be the impact of our opinions to her. She has to gain her confidence/self-esteem back. Changing/Switching partner is never easy. It takes time. What if the new partner of LYD cannot cope up with his pace? The result's just gonna be the same. LHJ's advantage over other Korean women player would be her experience. It is something you cannot take away from her. If the coaching staff of the Korean team does not believe that LHJ is still competitive, why do you think would they keep her and LYD's partnership? If they don't think she's still capable of winning a title, why didn't they seel for a new partner for LYD this 2010 considering that it is still 2 years away from the olympics? She just needs to refocus.

8. sylvester_dc

sylvester_dc Regular Member

employee
    i believe that LHJ has already given her country so much pride & glory throughout the years she has been playing. most noteworthy is her gold medal win in the 2008 olympics. she has been made to feel special for so as long as the korean team can remember as she not only gave her best in xd but wd as well. she was a force to reckon with in terms of strength & strategy. however, there comes a time in a player's life where inevitable setbacks come in -- injuries, physical concerns that come with age, loss of focus, the constant pressure to perform well, as well as the threat of younger and stronger players coming into the picture. although, i agree that age is a big factor in terms of stamina there are also exceptions like Zhang Ning who became olympic champion (again) at the age of 33. she retired earning the respect of the entire badminton world. though it is true that changing partners is never really easy, the interest of the whole national team should put into consideration when they enter the international badminton arena. Gao Ling retired with her pride in her sleeve. Her xd partner Zheng Bo was given Ma Jin as a replacement and now they're ranked world #3. change will always have its advantage & disadvantage. ultimately, it's the team's key objectives that will dictate the 'changing of the guards' or the 'passing of the torch'

9. sylvester_dc

sylvester_dc Regular Member

employee
    i believe that LHJ has already given her country so much pride & glory throughout the years she has been playing. most noteworthy is her gold medal win in the 2008 olympics. she has been made to feel special for so as long as the korean team can remember as she not only gave her best in xd but wd as well. she was a force to reckon with in terms of strength & strategy. however, there comes a time in a player's life where inevitable setbacks come in -- injuries, physical concerns that come with age, loss of focus, the constant pressure to perform well, as well as the threat of younger and stronger players coming into the picture. although, i agree that age is a big factor in terms of stamina there are also exceptions like Zhang Ning who became olympic champion (again) at the age of 33. she retired earning the respect of the entire badminton world. though it is true that changing partners is never really easy, the interest of the whole national team should put into consideration when they enter the international badminton arena. Gao Ling retired with her pride in her sleeve. Her xd partner Zheng Bo was given Ma Jin as a replacement and now they're ranked world #3. change will always have its advantage & disadvantage. ultimately, it's the team's key objectives that will dictate the 'changing of the guards' or the 'passing of the torch'

10. lee-lee

lee-lee Regular Member

Doctor
    I wholeheartedly agree! thank you for putting it so eloquently! :)

And I think what's holding her back is her ankle injury. With LYD, she was out for one of the Korean tournament last month because of it. I think both LYD and LHJ need time to heal and recuperate/rehabilitate. Competiting too much when they're not 100% is hurting both of them, I think.

11. badminto

badminto Regular Member

Student
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! LYD/JJS LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COME NO1 SAID ANYTHING??????? how could they lose to an unseeded pair able just winning over world champions????

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

from what i see yesterday, his md match with JJS...during the 1st and 2nd set.. they didn't smash much though.

IN the xd category, he also didn't smash much. The reason why the match being forced till the rubber set was lee hyo jung was making too much erros in front of the net as usual.

13. hanilam

hanilam Regular Member

cc
    I feel sad when korean md lost in the 1st round especially when play in their homeland. knowing it is not easy to change partners as when one player understand in every movement of their partners well, but bear in mind all these are competation whereby it must be handle like the most precious valuble time and object. if it not? it would a lost to korea as they are going up the mountain behind China. GOOD LUCK TO KOREAN BADMINTON TEAM, MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! to LYD

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Really??..when & with who??..

- Which MD pair are you referring to?? LYD & JJS??
    - Lost in homeland? their homeland? when?..
    - When did they change partners??..I thought LYD & JJS have been a couple for a while??..
    :confused:

15. badminto

badminto Regular Member

Student
    LYD/LHY has given a walkover to Zhang Yawen/Tao Zhiangmin who they lost to in teh KO. itrs so sad. LJD is probably exhausted.

16. narnia

narnia Regular Member

LYD got the pain back on his arm. Reported not that serious but he will get the detailed examination immediately when back to Korea.

#2796 narnia, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Oh, the same elbow/arm that was injured last year? Wish him speedy recovery

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Most important..

..is for him to rest and get well for the Thomas Cup! If need to skip the European tourneys, that's fine also. No need to aggravate his injury even more.:cool:

19. ceanne

ceanne Regular Member

student
    walkover

hope its not serious... i've noticed the arm problem in KO... its understandable that he needed to get out of the tournament as soon as possible bec it might cause him much even pain... i hope 2-3 wks would be enough for him to rest... i hope he can still catch up in the coming european tournaments... anyone who'd get access to the latest news about LYD's situation, kindly post them here so we would know... thanks

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

WOuld they have to participate in TC qualifiers 1st, in Feb?