Datuk LCW: Time to perform on the big stage

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by Pemuda, Feb 7, 2010.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

George prefer 'Hot and Spicy' stuff........:D:D

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    jason
    u sure is stuff?
    and not girl?;):p

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

:D:D.........George himself know lah....:D:D

4. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

I used to think the same until WC09. I figure after playing in the OG08 (the biggest tournament), he would have been mentally mature for big tournament. And yes he indeed prove that in AE09 when he manage to reach the final and played pretty well against Lindan. However WC09 showed that he is still venerable.

#44 Dr. Evil, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

No doubt, LCW's gameplay has improved judging from the KO & MO. Lets not count the NGP because he was challenged by a bunch of court jesters there.

It will be LCW's temperament that will be on display at the AE. Can he perform and deliver on the big stage?

LD's match fitness may be in doubt as he skipped the KO & MO. BUT if he can still turn the table on LCW (assuming they do meet), then it may create a huge mental block for LCW. Its like despite all the training, rest (in between tourneys), improvements in gameplay it is still not enough to beat LD.

6. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    Check on youtube, LD played against Du Peng Yu in the China League :cool:, his style totally changed.

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yes, very well said, X ball.

But then in the wc09, everything seems to went wrong for LCW though.:(
    Anyway, hope that this time AE he will be able to become the champion.

8. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

What??? It doesn't take a rocket scientiest to figure out that Lindan was just taking it easy in that match, hence the "appeared style change". He is reacting to turtle's stroke rather than taking initiative like when he is playing against LCW.

9. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Everything went wrong because he was nervous. His timing out was out and hence the silly mistake and amature tactical play. I would say his improve skills and physical qualities save him from being totally destroy by Soni like in WC07

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

'jesters'..hahaha! That pretty much tells us a bleak future awaits after Dato is done.
    This gonna be an interesting AE10. Just all the powerhouses are there. The 1st two rounds for LD may tell us what LD could do...I expect the OLY08 LD to show up...at this point, I still bank my money on LD to win if I am to only pick 1 player, the draw will be very important...24 days to go.

11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I am sure LD is reading XBall's prediction for LCW in AE10...just the right motivation booster to train even harder to smack LCW silly should they meet at the final;):D:p At first, I think either LD or LCW could win AE10, now reading this mountain of pressure/expectation from XBall and XBall's predictions in major tourneys in the past all went south, LCW is so screwed...well, time to prepare for shopping in England...hahaha!!! Woohoo!!:p:D

12. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

I think it has been mention before, its Datuk, not Dato. Sorry, I should have wrote 'it is Datuk'. Some dude said "its Datuk" is confusing

13. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    LOL, LCW VS. LD Video in China Master Final Set, was uploaded xD. LCW was so mean, LD tried to talk to him at the end, and LCW just walked again >.>"

14. HicHic

HicHic Regular Member

Yeah, LCW is a douchebag. I hope he loses AE.

15. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    Agreed. At least Lin Dan Loses like a MAN. :cool:

16. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    You two don't even know LCW personally, or have shown that you've seen any badminton other than one match. Please don't keep trying to destroy your own credibility on these forums by posting such meaningless and provocative posts.

17. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    Oh really, what have I said. He was being mean ?, I don't think that would be insulting him, more of what happen during the situation. And you can clearly see in the video he WAS purposely ignoring LD. This is purely based on opinon, in no way are we affecting our credibility?, you can put up your own opinon or thoughts rather than attacking other's post. So please research your facts before you attack people with your posts. Thank you.

18. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    One video says everything about a person? Not even one video, maybe 5 seconds of footage? I said you're being provocative....and that's what you were doing. Yes I'm attacking your post, I'm not attacking you as a person, rather warning what the consequences of naive posting can lead to.

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    What is the conversation?

We don't know what LD was trying to say. Maybe some mind games kind if thing or maybe LD was trying to explain some line call decisions.
    Btw, what do they normally say to each other after the match? Is it, the loser will say "Congratulation, you played very well and so good today, but I will beat you next time we meet" :) or the victor will say "Thanks, why are you always losing to me?":D

20. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    I am merely expressing an opinion, you do not have to take it into account if you feel offended, because you might have a different opinion. I am not being provocative, just merely trying to say what might have happened in my view. That is not a naive posting, just giving others more information. Please stop attacking people. Yes. That is what you are doing. To prove you are not, just don't reply this post. Thank you. End.