The obsessive badminton player and his unhappy girlfriend, help!!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by gingerphil79, Jan 13, 2010.

1. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Badminton for me (100%)...... if your gf can not stand you playing badminton 3-4 times a week , thats her problem .she should find herself something to do ...like yoga classes .. everyone should have an interest or hobby , to relax or chill from hectic days of work .

2. flyingfox

flyingfox Regular Member

I was involved 100% with badminton during school times. When came to cross junction, it became 50%, then dropped to 0%. I am glad that I have a chance to enjoy badminton back to 100% :D :D :D

3. luv2play

luv2play New Member

"..to be young and carefree again" - Visor

haha i guess..:p..it can sometimes be a big pain tho lol xD :p .... i wanna improve my baddy skills so badd!!

#103 luv2play, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  4. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    An update

Well things between me and the woman didnt work out. To be honest it was a very on and off relationship for about 1 and a half years. Whenever I was free, She made sure she was very busy and am sure if I had said something, she would have said, what bout you and playing badminton.

So I ended it. Things are simpler and easier now, no hassle, I can do what I want when I want. Am currently getting coaching, learning new things which Im learning, it is difficult some of the stuff but I know in a month or 2, I will be extremely good at it which will make all this hard work worth it.

My goal is winning the minor A and minor B singles and doubles in 2 months. I have this won, its just a matter of me turning up, playing and collecting my trophy at the end :cool:.

Thanks for all the advice.

This was the right choice for me. For some1 else, it may have been better to focus more on the woman, but with the way things were on, off every week, it just wasnt worth it.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    good to hear u arrive a closure on this see saw relationship.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Once again..

..for better or for worse, i'd say "You Da Man!" (you can concentrate on your goal and she can do the same with hers)..:cool:

7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    That's good to hear bro! +3 to ya . . .

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Whatever the choice is, the key is that you are happy with your decision. Good luck and move on. Best wish! ;)

9. gingerphil79

Sports massage therapist
    Cheers for the replys guys, I am happier now. No more worrying or fights etc. I can do wot I want when I want and play as often as physically possible. Living the dream!!!!!! :D;)

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This time badminton took priority. Next time, badminton may not be so fortunate;)

This is a good statement.

It's good to be happier. Isn't that what we want from life:)

#110 Cheung, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  11. visor

visor Regular Member

The next time, at least the girl will be aware of gingerphil's strong passion/commitment to badminton at the very outset.

Or else he can find a girl on the court who's just as obsessed with badminton as he is.... that would be perfect!:D

12. gingerphil79

Sports massage therapist
    That would be nice! :) But am just going to enjoy myself and be happy. I have won my last 7 matches in a row so am doing well in the leagues I play in

13. Jun Wei

Jun Wei Regular Member

Well one of my good friends told me you can love and play badminton as much as you like. But not to the extent, when you walk out off the court, you realize you have nothing. Girls in club, seriously don’t care how hard your jump smash is…
    I agree with bananakid , unless you do this for a living , badminton shall just remain a hobby, nothing more.

14. gingerphil79

Sports massage therapist
    I agree with u to a certain extent but as I said this girl I was with, we used to break up every week or so and this happened for 1 and a half years. If things had been great with us, I prob wouldn't be having this conversation. I would be cin her a bit more but because we were messed up, I didnt want to sacrifice my badminton for her

15. alisonmc

alisonmc New Member

Coach and Checkout operator
    i play alot of badminton too and i have a fiance who hates how much time i devote to the sport. I wouldnt give up him or badminton. my fiance gets annoyed from time to time when i play too much and coach and play in competitions but i make it equal by sayin nights im not playin etc that he does things he wants to do like see his friends, go to pub, go to gym etc. that way hes are gettin to do what he wants to do and i get to play badminton constant lol :D. happy medium.. so i would suggest keeping both but work out what the other half can do that she enjoys not badminton in ur case. see her friends, girls night out, another sport or gym etc. i would definitely not give up wither of them. worst comes to worst if she cant handle what u love to do then i wood get rid and get a gf who is into badminton as much as u.. then u have someone u can talk to about badminton constant in ur free time lol.. even play in competitions together :) hope this helps.

16. gapperonduty

gapperonduty Regular Member

make the best use of the situation:

"WTT: obsessive but mint, in good condition GF for Yonex NS9900. Can top up $$$"

make the best use of your situation i say....

17. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

bro phil,
    just ask yoh=self,are you able to live,not miss her and continue to nejoy yoh life without that ex-gf of yohz??if youre able to,then you made the right decision on leaving her and going on with yoh on life!
    you still single right?if you are,don't worry.tons of fine ladies out there for ya!good luck to your baddy life&peace yo!

18. gingerphil79

Sports massage therapist

Yes I am happier now so i have made the right choice :)

I am currently still single and enjoying the freedom, had 4 matches this week alone :D and the tournaments are all within the next couple months. Getting myself prepared for them.

Am not worrying bout finding another women, it will happen when it happens.

19. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    what a sad ending - but wise for the player as that wasn't the right girl for him.

just consider 15 yrs down the road if he ever marries her - the best thing he wants later he still has to go through the scanner...

20. visor

visor Regular Member

^^
    Better a split now than 10 to 15 yrs later when children and property are involved.