easybadminton.blogspot.com

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by elvinteh, Feb 3, 2010.

1. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    After talk about this tournament with my father,
    confirm that this two is his student.
    Other than this, boy under 12 champion, boy under 14 double champion and girl under 18 champion also is my father's student.

#121 elvinteh, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The video on your blog got a little girl, so I was wondering if one of the girls is her.
    So, the taller one, Goh Jin Wei won GS U12.
    Goh & Ooi Shi Han won GD U12
    BS U12 = Tan Jia Wei
    BD U14 = Cheam June Wei/Tang Wei Sen
    GSU18 = Eng Suk Cheng
    for 100 Junior Circuit, Zone A (Northern)
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...790DAF-B856-4ABE-BF57-94F1A077CCA2&d=20100228

Hopefully some can win Junior Finals
    Next time if you got feature their video, can put their name.:D

3. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    The taller one is Ooi Shi Han and the shorter one in picture is Goh Jin Wei.
    ok no problem, i just couldn't recall their name in english since we use our native language here. :)

#123 elvinteh, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  4. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Elvin, I have to thank you for this very informative thread, it is great! I enjoyed watching the videos of your father's students playing, even if it was kind of depressing that he has like 13 year olds that are better than I will ever be in my life...

Do you have any more free t-shirts? :) They look nice.

I also subscribed to your blog with Google Reader.

5. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    Thanks for your support, bro. I had wrote my experience on my blog.
    Please do not hesitate to give me any comment.

6. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    After watching LCW played at CNY, I was wondering why his smash so powerful. So i start to calculate the time.
    From the time he move his racket until his racket head touch the shuttle, the time taken is around 0.1 second.
    And at the touching point until the shuttle reach his opponent is around 0.3 second. So total time for his smash is not more than 0.4 second.

7. streetrod

streetrod Regular Member

that's fast!:D:D:D

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, how did you measure the time? through the video?

9. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    I use the window movie maker, upload the clip, there is a button fast forward. So one click is only 0.04 second. I use that to count the time. So i use that to estimate the time.

10. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    In most of the time, when a student make a drop shot, smash or net shot and the shuttle fail to pass the net. Normally coach will ask him to hit harder or hit higher. But is it the correct way?
    From my experience, most of the time when the shuttle fail to pass the net is not because they do not use enough strength to hit but their handwork incorrect.
    For so many time, i only give them advise to correct their handwork then everything will back to normal.

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Agree..hand work is the most important. When u move your hand little bit, it will surely affect your shot little bit also

12. koaylt

koaylt Regular Member

Clarence Senior & sometimes unwilling sparring par
    I am glad u are learning this technique to measure the time. I think it depends on your camera, not the MovieMaker. Most camera shoots at 30 or 25fps(frames per second). or 0.0333 sec or 0.04 sec per frame respectively. Keep on analysing this way. U will find importance of speed or taking the shuttle early.

13. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    ya, but i still don't know to use the direct from my camcorder. I am still learning how to use the software.

14. koaylt

koaylt Regular Member

You can take a video shot of a digital watch or a second hand of a clock and count the no. of frames per second. You will get your fps. Usually it is 25 or 30 fps. You can check your camera specs.

15. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    Yesterday was playing net shot with my friend. So i stand at the middle front line. I find out the way how to make my footwork even faster.
    As i am a right handed player, so i move my right leg forward to make the hit.
    As i was trying last night, as long as my left leg stay in the middle, i only move my right leg then will do.

As i had observed many player, when they go to front to take the shuttle, their left leg will follow in most of the time. So when return, need to move left leg again, this will slow down the movement.

16. koaylt

koaylt Regular Member

For this type of footwork refinement, you need to match up with the reaction time and the reach of the player. Typical reaction time ranges from 0.20s (very fast) to 0.25s(average). It also depends on how fast the player can move. All these attributes are aimed at achieving the maximum speed (or shortest time) to return the shuttle, thereby exerting maximum time pressure on your opponent.

Take the case of my analysis: A former MAS player was "killed" when his smash(from forehand corner) was returned to the front corner within 1.20 second (after the smash contact). The time was too short for him to move diagonally across the court. Knowing the travel duration of the shots will give the player better understanding why the speed is important in the game.

17. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    New champion training clip just posted.

18. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    yes this is something...thanks for sharing!:)

19. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    Actually every player also know need more speed, the most important thing is how to move faster. Increase strength, stamina and reflex is the basic thing to move faster. But is there other way to increase speed...........

20. koaylt

koaylt Regular Member

The key is to use your speed before the opponent does it Increasing your speed chasing after the shuttle is not as useful as using your speed to apply pressure on your opponent. You can easily outplay your opponent by being quicker for every shuttle returned. Then your opponent will be more and more out-of-position for your easy kill. When you are on the defensive, you normally get out of the situation by using the high lob or high lift to recover to your central base. You use it to reset the time advantage. You don't hit a fast return shot because it will only attract a quicker response, putting you in an awful suicidal position. In short, it is more important to use your speed(including reflex, reach) to build up the advantage in the rally, rather than chasing the shuttle under pressure. Understanding the importance of building up time advantage during a rally will certainly make a player stronger. Knowing how to reset or nullify the time advantage makes the player resllient. Hope you like this TIME concept.