21-0

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ants, Jan 7, 2006.

1. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    lacking in tactic and technical department will put him as a much weaker player then u r, its all in dee head, u should kick his butt no matter what scoring system u'r on.

however, i just can't image myself doing 20ish good serve in a roll.
    plus never hit the bird outta court on a clear is some acomplishment.

2. terry

terry Regular Member

Hope i'm not be the first who eat this : Terry 0-21 ????? :D

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad

Nah.. you will never get this. Dont worry.

4. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

if him..terry ..by any chances ..play against lin dan for xie..( just kidding ) he will score 0-21..:p :p :p

5. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Jens Erikse/Martin Lundgaard (denmark) - Hrachya Mantsakanyan/Spartak Rsyan (armenia)
    21-1 21-0

I think they are the first to put 21-0 lool

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    wow, almost a double goose egg. Looks like just one bad serve.

7. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Ouch. That result looks almost impossible to me! Well, you can't accuse the Danes of under-estimating their opponents. I can't help but wonder what the Armenians were saying to each other after the match... "Next time... we will be twice as good and win TWO rallies!" :D

8. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

9. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    my last game in my old league with my old club before uni i the score was 21-18 17-21 then the last game i dunno what happened but we (mixed i used to play with my gf's mum) got 21-1

and at uni in i got my challenge of the season to get a 21-0 game

i beat another uni captain 21-6, 21-0 and before we played he wouldnt shut up about the fact he did singles training all summer :p

10. David_Allan

David_Allan Regular Member

11. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

12. ace9988

ace9988 Regular Member

21-2 is the best ive managed

13. Many Ch0icez

Many Ch0icez Regular Member

Student
    21-5 for me against a normal player. He plays mixed and I play doubles/singles. I guess i had more experience then him.

14. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I managed to win a game against one of my friends 21-0. He plays badminton but not on a fantastically high level so to beat him 21-0 wasn't some amazing feat of badminton awesomeness. Oddly though, I found beating him game love was actually surprisingly difficult - against someone a long way below your own level, it's quite easy to switch off and make a few mistakes that you wouldn't in a match that you had to work for to win. Oddly, at 20-0 I found myself getting quite nervous. I guess at this point I filled myself with expectation of beating him 21-0 and then didn't want to end up with the match result being 21-1 or 21-2 or whatever. Even though both are great scores and show complete dominance over your opponent, they're not quite as special as winning 21-0. In case you were wondering; no, I didn't play my "normal" game. I normally like to attack and whilst playing an aggressive game wins you a lot of points, it's much easier to make errors when going for everything than playing a more conservative game. I feel that if I had played my usual aggressive style, I would have given at least one point away on an error to this opponent. Despite it not being as effective in this situation, I still believe that playing with aggression is the right way for me to play against stronger opponents because I am much more confident and on the whole, more effective when taking the game in to my own hands with attacking shots.

I noticed a few comments speaking of missed/bad serves but really, I don't think that hitting 21 serves in a row should be such a difficult thing for most people. In my opinion, throwing away points with a fault or poor serve borders on inexcusable for the most part. The serve is the one stroke in badminton that you are completely in control of so make that control count. Of course, we all make mistakes and even the pros miss their serves on occasion but it's incredibly important not to give your opponent too many free points from it. My advice to anyone struggling with their serve - hit serves. Just grab a box (as big as possible) of shuttles and serve them all backhand short focussing on getting each one as tight to the net and as close to the short service line as possible. Then collect them in and do the same for each of the other three basic service types trying to get them as close to their target trajectory and landing area as possible. Just hitting each serve a large number of times really helps the motion to be automatic and consistent. Once you think you've sorted the serve, play some competitive games with your usual practice partners asking them to return as aggressively as possible. If your serve survives this test, you've probably fixed it.

15. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I have never seen a 21-0, not even on telly. It's SO hard to do - it doesn't matter how big a disparity there is between you and the other guy(s), it only takes one mistake to torch your beautiful love lead:p.

Conversely, we've had around half a dozen genuine 29-alls since the new system came in, and those are pretty jittery...

16. ace9988

ace9988 Regular Member

imagine 21-0 in an international tournament...that would be BIG news of dominance

17. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    IMO, rally system. you only able to bagel your opponent is when you're 2 levels away.
    Which mean A vs C. or B vs D
    But I don't know, I consider myself as D, and I've played with B level. I do get points, well because they're simply make mistake too.
    So I don't really know about 21 - 0, that's if one side extremely lucky and the other bad luck

18. bellyjeans

bellyjeans Regular Member

University Student
    I think it's rude to do that to someone. No respect.

19. BethuneGuy

BethuneGuy Regular Member

Student
    Why is it disrespect? When was there a rule/convention that you have to give points to someone?

20. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    Me and my partner did a 21-3 then 21-0.

In the first game they were acting so cocky and they weren't very good.
    and we got a bit annoyed so in the second game we just kept attacking them.