WJC 2010 Team Day 2 - 17 Apr

Discussion in 'World Junior Championships 2010' started by simonlovers, Apr 17, 2010.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..my tummy says BAM has more RMsssss than PBSI has RPsssss...so, money wise, it's probably not a big deal for M'sia squad, even if they finish in 3rd place...That's why we all see only the private clubs from INA can afford to send their players to represent INA..maybe it's worth it for them to do so??;)
    Realistically, no other team can finish as no.1 in the team event, even if INA were to send their 1st team..
    ...As for INA getting the Elite-SS spot, it'll come down to whether INA can offer a lot of prize money to compete with the other countries; not so much whether INA sent their players to the WJC or not..Some baddy powerhouse countries who've sent their players to this WJC might not even get the Elite-SS if they can't come up with large enough prize-money..

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    aiya
    if not worth
    why send?
    u should have protest infront of bam and nsc
    to save money of tax payer mah:mad:
    why now only voice out?:mad:
    as prof.j
    u should more responsible to lead malaysia to a better road:D:)
    all the best in future

still have time to ask bam bring the player return
    to safe hotel money
    faster go and action
    not talk:D

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I believe money is not the only issue :rolleyes:

Not sending a team to WJC (being a BWF event) will be deemed as not supporting BWF. That's why the initial decision not to send a team was immediately overturned after PBSI received a phone call from BWF. INA simply had to send a team as the other badminton powerhouses also confirm their participation in the WJC :cool: And since some clubs volunteered to send their players, PBSI was more than happy to have someone representing INA in Mexico without even forking a single cent.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Most of the teams and players (as the sport is dominated by Asian countries) all travel half-way across the globe to compete in a tourney which doesn't offer any incentive or prize money and only to see CHN bring back the Suhandinata Cup. The players only get ranking pts in return for participating.
    Even the U.S. team didn't send its official U.S. Junior 1st team (only a few players) and most of them have returned back home...and those players had to sponsor their trip out of their own pockets..

Maybe they should hold the WJC every 2 or 3 yrs..and just rotate the host country..

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i believe malaysia is cheap enough for them to afford:D

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Some minor corrections:
    1. The WJC offers YOG places in BS and GS. This alone is an incentive for those players who missed out on qualification via the AJC or the other Contentional Junior Championships.

2. No ranking pts for the Team & Individual events, other than bragging rights of becoming World Junior Champions.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    some minor correction on the minor correction::p
    2:there is 'ranking point' to determine the seed of player in ajc and wjc base on last year result(if u play in the previous year)

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..PBSI is somewhat lucky BWF was willing to accept non-national team players to compete and those private clubs were willing to fork out the financing...Imagine if the requirement is for INA to send its official national team players...oh my gado-gado, i wonder who'll be crying now??..:confused:;)

But i still can't fathom BWF putting a penalty for the INA team, should they decide not to send any players...

Thus, eventhough money is not the only issue, it is certainly a big percentage of the issue (if it's not, then i'm sure Pelatnas will send its national players already)..:cool:

#68 ctjcad, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Technically speaking, all INA badminton players (regardless of club or national team players) are under PBSI and I don't there's/will be a ruling that requires only national team players can compete in any tourney.

Correct me if I am wrong, but those MAS junior players could not be considered as national team players too as they are mostly from BJSS. Only graduates from BJSS can enter the national team set-up.

Players from CHN are also recruited mostly from the provinces team and I don't think any of them is officially a national team player at the moment.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- Those YOG points are taken from team or individual event??..
    - Unfortunately, only CHN has the bragging right for who knows how many yrs already...;)
    ..is this the only way to determine the following yr's AJC and WJC seeding??..if not, then i'm sure they could rack up their pts to set up their seedings for next yr's events..

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes
    same concept as taufik is national player but not in the national team:)

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    from individual

yes
    the only way;)
    i believe

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..meant to write Pelatnas, not PBSI..
    If indeed other baddy powerhouse countries have been sending their local junior players from clubs, then i wonder if INA had been sending Pelatnas players to compete at these AJC and WJC...if so, then why?..:confused:

Initially, for this yr, did BWF ask the Pelatnas players to compete or they asked the private clubs to send their players?..
    ..INA, India, Thailand are even cheaper than M'sia for them to afford (question is: will they take it up?);)...M'sia can hold the WJC every 3-4 yrs lah...share the hosting cities lah..it's like M'sia host the AJC one yr, then the following yr they'll host the WJC and so on..

#73 ctjcad, Apr 20, 2010
  14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Not exactly true though :cool: BWF does not care what players are sent to compete in any tourneys. It's up to PBSI to decide on the composition of Pelatnas vs Club players and they have been relying on both for several years for AJC and WJC.

One reason is because there's not enough good junior players that still satisfy the U-19 requirement in Pelatnas Pratama. Furthermore, the junior club players are sometimes better than the Pratama players and yet they have yet to go for the Seleknas (Seleksi Nasional).

The notable names will include:
    Riyanto Subagja and Dandi Prabudita/Jones Ralfy Jansen in 2010 (no 1 at U-19 for BS and BD, yet, Djarum still hasn't sent them to Seleknas this year).

Febby Angguni and Ana Rovita in 2009 (still not a Pelatnas player till now)

Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan in 2009 (no 1 at U-19 for BD last year and only sent to Seleknas this year). In fact, I realised that Ulin also went to the WJC 2008, playing in XD with Jenna Gozali (Jenna also got selected only this year).

This year, when PBSI decided initially not to send ANY players at all to Mexico, some clubs offered to send their players independently, but I believe they were denied too (for safety reasons). Only when BWF acted, PBSI relented and allowed club players to participate in WJC. If not for BWF, I think there will not be any INA paticipation in WJC this year.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..that's all i want to know (i've been reading abt this but wasn't clear, many hodge-podge infos).
    PBSI or Pelatnas decided initially not to send any players to Mexico??..
    Was their real reason because of safety or money (affordability)?..
    Who denied the club players to go? PBSI or the clubs' management themselves?..
    It seems kinda odd. If PBSI doesn't mind club players to go and compete on their own, why did they prohibit and deny them to go??..At the end, it's looking like they didn't want to go because of finance issue or others more than safety (if it's really about safety, then i doubt they will go):confused:

#75 ctjcad, Apr 20, 2010
  16. copadh

copadh Regular Member

You already answered your own quetions...:D:D
    Safety reason is more 'reasonable' and 'elegant' than finacial issues, isn't it?.

I think PBSI initially decided not to send any players to Mexico, and if no pelatnas (pratama) players go, then no Indonesian players will go. After BWF step in, PBSI allowed self-financing club players to go. And PBSI's saving budget used to send more pratama players to Vietnam.

17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Hi Chris....you know the reason already...told you in sms....no need to ask why...you know all the answers why we sent, etc

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i gained many knowledge about junior badminton after reading you guys' posts:D

19. copadh

copadh Regular Member

me too... so many experts on world junior badminton here...:p

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

So many 'dramas' around here too, huh?:D