WJC 2010 Team Day 2 - 17 Apr

Discussion in 'World Junior Championships 2010' started by simonlovers, Apr 17, 2010.

1. copadh

copadh Regular Member

'Behind the screen' dramas, do you mean? :D
    But, indeed, I learn many things here.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

off topic-...

- Yes, i asked a few questions, but i only answered one of them (which i already know). Please go back several posts to see my initial question(s).:cool:
    - PBSI and Pelatnas are the same??...i don't think so.
    - Here's the thing, badMania mentioned the club players were also initially denied to go. If they're denied to go, was it by PBSI or the clubs' management? If PBSI has nothing to do with the clubs and the club players are not spending any of PBSI's money, then why the need for PBSI to decide whether they should go or not??..
    ..Hi Hau-ge, yes, i got the smses and already know the basic situation..but the questions are slightly different; at the same time want to prod the situation a bit..:cool:

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

From the name itself, PBSI's role is very clear cut....Persatuan Bulutangkis Seluruh Indonesia....it is the organization that is in charge of anything related to badminton in INA, headed by Pak Djoko at the moment :cool: Pelatnas (Pemusatan Latihan Nasional) is the national team set-up that is under PBSI. Coaches for the national team and all other officials (like Lius Pongoh) are hired by PBSI.

However, bear in mind that all the other badminton clubs in Indonesia also have to abide by PBSI rules and they still have to submit players names that they intend to participate in all the tournaments to PBSI. Which is why we had some cases of blunders in which PBSI forgot to include some club players' names in certain tourneys. Or if let's say the quota is already filled by the national team players, then, club players will not be allowed to participate, if the tourneys do have certain quota on the number of players allowed (for example World Championships and Badminton Asia Championships).

Club players were denied to go to WJC by PBSI because PBSI is the organization that ultimately decide which player can go (independent or national team player) to ANY tourney. One reason is if the Pelatnas Pratama players are not going in the first place, why should club players go also (despite their willingness to do so), like copadh mentioned in his post. Only when BWF stepped in, PBSI decided to allow club players to participate at their own expenses.

PBSI has the right to do so even though they are not the one who forks out the money for the club players. If the clubs operate independently without having to report to PBSI, they can just bypass PBSI and submit the names directly to the tournaments. Unfortunately, that's not the case as PBSI is still the ultimate boss, so, respect must still be paid by clubs owners and independent players :cool:

This also ensures that players like Taufik Hidayat and Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan must still obey PBSI's rules even if they already turn independent, otherwise, PBSI can just easily scratch their names from whatever tourneys that they intend to participate!

#83 badMania, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I think Badmania just explained this one...
    This event is sanctioned by BWF so all players, either from national team or club players need to be registered by their organization like PBSI....

Even club wants to send the players and if they do not get any blessing from PBSI, they can not go also as PBSI wont register them and BWF will only accept the players registered by their organization....

Initially they are not being sent by " SAFETY reason" and of course..it is big budget also for PBSI...after being " called" by BWF, PBSI let club players go to this tournament and PBSI blessed them...thats all...hope it is all clear...SIGH!!!

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

off topic-This is the problem...

..see, this is the problem. I wonder, what does PBSI have anything to do with the private clubs and vice versa? Do they share the money in the same bank acct? Does PBSI get something back from those club players who participate in tourneys and return home as a winner? If not, then why the heck do PBSI need to decide whether the private clubs can send their players or not??..
    I mean, what is the reason for them deciding which club players should go to a certain tourney or not??..What kind of respect do the clubs need to give to PBSI? Does PBSI give them money?...

If i were PBSI, i would allow any players to compete, as long as they are capable of supporting themselves and not come crawling back and ask for monetary support. If the club can sponsor and the players themselves want to go overseas and compete, let them take care of themselves..This kind of treatment is almost like a 20+ y.o. child still relying on his/her parents to hold his/her hands..

#85 ctjcad, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Chris....the question and answer you know already....
    This is not USA...PBSI, CBA, BMA and KOR do same thing....
    PBSI did not decide which club and what players to send but on big event like World Junior or WC, there is a quota so PBSI will priotize their own players first then club players....if club players are better, PBSI will determine...

Thats why Badminton can not go ful prof as all players must register thru their own organization....

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This is not a problem faced by INA players alone. CHN players who turn independent also have the same problems. Whenever Chen Hong, Gao Ling/Wei Yili intend to participate in certain tourney, they have to ask for CBA's blessings. If CBA denies them, there's nothing they can do :cool:

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hmm, i just thought this shouldn't end up with BWF putting somekind of a "threat" against PBSI..imagine being the only baddy powerhouse country being treated that way?!?!..:(:eek::p