Nothing is Left to Chance in Malaysia's Preparation

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by X Ball, Apr 27, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    chris
    that is my college
    not my apt complex
    yoooooooohooooooooooo
    are u awake?:p

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Let me repeat again, the chief ISN doctor, in charge of player's medical care, said now is NOT a suitable time to vaccinate as there are side effects which will effect players performance.

The way Msia handles the H1N1 vaccination is different from developed US. There's not enough to go around for public as Msia was/is not in the critical list, and it's around RM80. There're conflicting reports as to side effects & whether the vaccine really effective as the virus can mutate.

End up, most people go with the face mask. I had dealings with the frontliners i.e. doc, nurses at the height of it last year(yes, still dare to go hospital then),so sorta know how it goes.

#102 eaglehelang, May 3, 2010
    Last edited: May 3, 2010
  3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    na, its still not 100% germs proof, better get your scuba gear more safe :D

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i consider your college and the apt complex as one unit..
    ..yes, i'm still awake; otherwise, how can i post in BC?..:cool:
    ..kinda the same with how the U.S. handled it the first time around, a lot of uncertainty, conflicting reports and delay.

5. eaglehelang

Haha, ctjcad, the news reports a wee bit confusing.:p At 1st they say Rashid's son, then they say daughter. Anyway, Jailani was quoted in the malay language press as saying : - Rashid, his 2 younger children & his wife are infected. Only his eldest child (son ?) tested negative.

#105 eaglehelang, May 3, 2010
  6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    In the 60s and 70s, people screw around are called studs. Todays, these people are called fools. Unlike HIV virus, people get AIDS because they chose a risky lifestyle...but you don't get to choose to contract H1N1, H1N1 finds you. And the only prevention available is vaccination, so far I know.
    I am really amazed MAS badminton players are not vaccinated against H1N1 travelling aboard on SS and in close contact with the public as part of their preparation. Here in Canada, our ice hockey team did not line up to get the shots but jump queve to get themselves and their family vaccinated and the public was in an uproar %$*@!:D Rs got it, what if one player, say LCW got H1N1 sympton or actually contract the virus, MAS can close TC shop. Now, who do you think would get the blame for 'not preparing the MAS TC team'? Really quite amazing. Maybe the MAS docs really know other prevention method and not sharing;)

#107 OneToughBirdie, May 3, 2010
  8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yes, I have these too. I am in this line.

You need a SCBA. or respirator.

9. eaglehelang

Uncle, I said earlier not enough vaccine, limited places that sell it, and only certain people can get it. It's not just want to get, can get.
    One of the side effects reported was death and some sort of paralysis, could be alergy.

THe most kan cheong(anxious) time was last year. After last year, whether it's should kan cheong or not to individual.

As for Msia sportspeople, that's up to ISN doctors recommendation to vaccinate or not, if stock is available.;)

#109 eaglehelang, May 3, 2010
  10. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Eagle, I understand the access to vaccine, the apprehension of getting a needle and the cost as I have family in MAS too. Just the thought that if LCW or KKK/TBH contract the virus, TC is over for MAS and all the preparation would be for nought. RS is in close contact with the players and could have spread the virus to any of them. If LCW contracts the virus through RS or from the public, LCW cannot play TC, that would be big news in MAS and in the badminton world.
    I hope RS and his family pull through. I told you before my colleaque son died of H1N1. I can feel the pain behind the silence in my colleaque face and through his eyes tell me he would have wished he vaccinated his son. A year later, my colleaque is a changed man, the pain of losing his only son still there. As for side effects, paralysis, I don't know what to say, I guess it could happens to some people but one thing I know is honestly, people actually can die from H1N1, it is scary. Unless there is an alternative prevention option, I chose the vaccination option as the doc recommends here. H1N1 may be yesterday news, the virus is hiding and not gone forever.

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I have this deep cough and I think it is the flu virus hiding in my lungs ready to come alive again one day. But I think if you are healthy, do not vacinate. If you can overcome the H1N1, then you are going to be better later on when fighting the flu agaim

12. Angelineayht

Angelineayht Regular Member

Student
    So if we want to enter the stadium, we have to be scanned??

13. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    That is good reasoning if you are young and strong and dealing with common flu to simply rest and build up your immunity. But this H1N1 is another thing and our docs here recommends vaccination. Even common flu, the elderly here is recommended to get vaccinated every year. Yes, there are more death in common flu than H1N1. I really have no choice as my profession requires me to have direct contact with the elderly senior citizens every day. If I contract H1N1, it is either I unknowingly infects them or they infects me. But I know one thing, if my kids gets H1N1 and we did not vaccinate them when the vaccine is available for free, I am not sure I can live with that.

14. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    yes, you are a man of responsibilities, i like that! :cool:
    the old saying prevention is better than cure applies here but how safe is the vaccinations? there are reports here and there not very good..

15. eaglehelang

Ohh sorry, I skim thru that part, I thought your colleague's son got the infection & recovered. Rashid Sidek & his family are doing fine.
    He can give press interview (not face to face of course) some more.

Wow, RM400 to do the test,complete one I suppose. Last year it was RM100

The Star Online > Sports
    Tuesday May 4, 2010
    Rashid can’t wait to get back to work with his charges

KUALA LUMPUR: National singles chief coach Rashid Sidek is all excited over getting back with the team gearing up for the Thomas-Uber Cup Finals.

Rashid and his family were confirmed with the virus H1N1 last week and he is expected to be discharged from the Tawakal Hospital here today. The Finals begin on Sunday at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil.

Rashid said yesterday that he was bored in hospital after spending four days there with his wife and children.

“I don’t have fever anymore and I feel as good as new. My family members are also getting better,” he said.

“I am recovering and looking forward to rejoining the team in the next few days. I should be with them when they move their training base to the Putra Stadium.

“I have all my family members (the wife and three children) here in hospital. Only my one-year-old boy was not confirmed with the virus but, as a precautionary measure, he was also confined here.”

Rashid added that there was nothing for the players to worry about him and their task was to stay focused on doing well in the Finals.

“I am happy that all the players have been cleared of the virus.
    “They have nothing to worry about and should give 100 per cent on the task at hand. The most important thing is for them to stay free of injuries and illness,” he said.

Yesterday, in a joint effort between the National Sports Institute (NSI) and the Healthy Ministry, all the players at the Juara Stadium national training centre in Bukit Kiara underwent check-ups.

Their temperatures were taken and the results of the tests would be known in 72 hours. The cost for each test is RM400.
    NSI director-general Datuk Dr Ramlan Aziz said: “We will wait for the test results. In the meantime, we will monitor continuously for symptoms. I will be on 24-hour call.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2010/5/4/sports/6183554.asp&sec=sports

#115 eaglehelang, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
  16. amsads

amsads Regular Member

chen long belongs to reserve, do you know what it means? it will be LD, CJ and BCL, don't f around, who's your friend? get the fact right.

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    he is correct if china's line up against mas is cj, bcl & cl. ld skips to miss lcw :D
    but i doubt this line up :cool:

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Who my friend is has got nothing to do with u! And get your facts right, CL was once mooted to play 3rd singles when I wrote this. What an idiot!

#118 X Ball, May 6, 2010
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
  19. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Don't be rude just because Hafiz might not meet Chen Long.
    Besides, because he plays the third singles, he has a chance to play against Chen Long if Bao Chunlai or Chen Jin is out due to injuries. GET THE FACT RIGHT.

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

This amsads reminds me of some one also like to use words like 'dont make me laugh', 'dont be silly', etc.......please dont be rude here....discuss nicely !:p

Yes, the fact is HH will play CL if CJ or BCL is out from Chn line up....;)