Thomas Cup/Uber Cup 2010 News

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by Loh, Feb 16, 2010.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^déjà vu..^^

.."I thought I was flying a kite in here"??..hah, reminiscent of his comments during the 2005 WC in Anaheim..:p

2. sebaz

sebaz Regular Member

Student
    I hope it is not only his comment... I hope it is a deja vu for his performance here in TC10... I still think that TH played his best badminton in Anaheim, not in OG04...

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, in Anaheim five years ago en route to grab WC title, TH beat two current best MS LCW and LD in last four and final respectively. It's really hard to repeat it again...

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

May 10, 2010

Ami Afriatni

Sony Pullout Fails to Derail Indonesians

Kuala Lumpur. For the second day in a row, Indonesia’s march toward glory in Malaysia hit unexpected resistance.

Its Thomas Cup squad clinched top spot in Group D after a 4-1 defeat of India at the Bukit Jalil Sports Complex on Monday, but the victory came at a price.

No. 2 men’s singles shuttler Sony Dwi Kuncoro had to retire against Arvind Bhatt, suffering a recurrence of the back injury that has plagued him throughout his career and could cut short his stay in Kuala Lumpur.

“Sony started to feel his long-time injury again during the second game, so he decided not to continue,” said Jacob Rusdianto, Indonesia’s Thomas Cup team manager.

Sony, 25, retired while trailing Bhatt 15-9 in the second game, having won the first 21-19.

He suffered the same injury last year during the All England Super Series and spent two months in recovery.
    --------------------------------------
    *Full article -- http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badminton/sony-pullout-fails-to-derail-indonesians/374271