Side News

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by huangkwokhau, May 11, 2010.

1. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Note the word I used in my previous post. I did mentioned please and certainly did not ask you to please me. You are over-reacting on that.

It has been said a lot of times that it's not what you said but the manner on how you delivered it. It's certainly true that one feels less obliged to act appropriately in "the internet" But does that mean that, you can act whatever you like at the expense of others?

Normally, people will expect the seniors to act more appropriately to set up an example to the others. This is common sense and certainly not something you should take it lightly or the community will be in trouble.
    If you have rephrase your previous posts in a more tactful way, I won't have bother replying to you. If you think what you did was alright carry on. Ultimately, you have a final say on what type of character you wanna be.

2. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Strict? Maybe. As far as I know. A lot of posters who have flamed the MAS players/fans are still actively posting.

3. amsads

amsads Regular Member

what went wrong? he is too pressured by whole of Malaysia, from citizens, slaves, ministers, coaches, fans, leaders, ..... he simply collapsed. In terms of skills, he is on par with Lin Dan, but yesterday he used a different approach and strategies which only trapped himself with killer instinct from Lin Dan. When Lee smashes even how high speed or how high the jump smash is, LD had expected it and retrieved any smashing kills without a sweat, because this all been planned very well by LYB and it succeeded for Lin Dan.

LYB has given all his best to take down Lee, of course again this is very rare to happen because in badminton, even a great wall can be broken, not to mention LCW is the best skilled (famous for his aggressive and smashing style) and most threatening player in highest level of badminton.
    I am wondering without the existence of Lin Dan, LCW in badminton, is like a one man show.

We wait for Chen Jin which with time, can be a 5% to 10% threat to LCW but that's not going to happen, it is going to take at minimum, another 5 years for Chen Jin to reach that kind of level, at that time LCW might already retired fully from world badminton. Not forgetting that Chen Jin is already a sharp weapon in Badminton men singles, which shown by his past years tournaments success.

Chen Jin is able to shine, but not while LCW and LD are still at realm.

Anyway, if you are a badminton hardcore, we should all thank because there is Lin Dan and there is Lee Chong Wei. Without both of them, is going to be boring, dead bored.

Thanks to Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei, keep the spirits continue flowing and that keeps bringing us what is meant by Badminton at its highest/supreme level.

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

2011 Sudirman cup will be held in Qingdao china next year.

wonder why is it in china again?:rolleyes:

OG2012 badminton will be played in Wembley Arena;)

5. yling

yling Regular Member

wow i like this pics

6. Luking

Luking Regular Member

It is clear that somehow LCW was not in his best:

“The court looked small to me and I did not know where to hit the shuttle. Nothing went right. I fumbled with the half court returns,” said Chong Wei, who was expected to take the first point for Malaysia.

It is regrettable that pressure or other non-technical reasons may influence performance enormously. Is it possible to solve this problem by any means, introducing a mental coach for example?

It will be much more exciting and enjoyable when LCW and LD play against each other in their best performance, without any non-technical influence.

7. sari_nov

sari_nov Regular Member

Doctor
    Just want to share what Li yong bo said before and after korea beat china...(on the bold word)
    anybody can help me to translate it??
    thank's before :)

KUALA LUMPUR, Kompas.com - Korea Selatan membuat kejutan yang sangat besar di final Piala Uber 2010, Sabtu (15/5/10). Melawan favorit juara China, yang mengincar gelar ketujuh secara beruntun, Korea justru tampil sangat impresif sehingga bisa meruntuhkan "tembok raksasa" China itu dengan skor cukup meyakinkan, 3-1.

Apa kunci kesuksesan Korea sehingga membuat China tak berdaya dalam pertarungan ini? Padahal, China datang dengan kekuatan terbaiknya, dan sepanjang perjalanannya sejak penyisihan grup hingga final, mereka tidak pernah kehilangan satu poin pun.

Ternyata, para pemain Korea tampil tanpa beban. Mereka hanya ingin bermain dengan sebaik-baiknya, sehingga kalau pun akhirnya gagal, mereka tak "memberikan" gelar itu kepada China. Di samping itu, tunggal pertama Bae Seung Hee, lebih dulu mempelajari gaya bermain Wang Yihan melalui video.

"Tim China begitu kuat, sehingga saya tidak merasakan tekanan apapun," ungkap Bae, yang sudah dua kali bertemu Wang dan dua kali pula kalah, sebelum pertarungan hari Sabtu ini. "Saya hanya ingin bermain dan menikmati pertandingan ini. Mungkin itulah alasan mengapa saya menang," tambah pemain debutan di tim Uber Korea ini.

Memang, Bae menjadi kunci pembuka kesuksesan Korea untuk mengukir sejarah negaranya di Piala Uber. Pemain peringkat 16 dunia ini berhasil mengalahkan Wang, pemain nomor satu dunia, dengan dua set langsung 23-21, 21-11. Bae mengaku, strategi bermain lob membuatnya bisa mengalahkan Wang.

"Wang Yihan membuat kesalahan-kesalahan krusial dan pertahanannya pun buruk," jelasnya.

Kesan serupa juga diakui Wang. "Hari ini saya bermain buruk dan strategiku tidak berjalan sesuai keinginan, sehingga memberikan peluang kepada lawan untuk mengontrol permainan.

"Saya ingin bermain lebih sabar, tetapi saya malah buru-buru sehingga banyak melakukan kesalahan sendiri."

Usai Bae menyumbang poin pertama, Korea yang dalam lima final sebelumnya sejak 1988 selalu dikandaskan China, menambah poin lagi lewat ganda pertama. Pasangan Lee Hyo Jung/Kim Min Jung, berhasil bangkit dari kekalahan di set pertama untuk mengalahkan ganda nomor satu dunia Ma Jin/Wang Xiaoli dengan 18-21, 21-12, 21-15.

"Mereka terlalu memikirkan untuk menang dan mereka malah kesulitan di akhir," ujar Lee. "Mulai dari game kedua, kami mulai menemukan momentum dan semuanya berjalan mulus," tambah pemain yang juga merupakan ganda campuran terbaik di Korea tersebut.

Meskipun sempat kehilangan poin di partai ketiga karena Sung Ji Hyun menyerah 14-21, 21-16, 7-21 dari Wang Xin, Korea mampu mengakhiri pertandingan final ini dengan kemenangan edi partai keempat. Ganda kedua Lee Kyung Won/Ha Jung Eun, menaklukkan ganda nomor dua dunia Du Jing/Yu Yang dengan 19-21, 21-14, 21-19 untuk membuat Korea unggul 3-1.

Hasil ini mematahkan ambisi China untuk meraih gelar ketujuh secara berturut-turut. Padahal, pelatih Li Yongbo sangat optimistis mereka bisa kembali jadi juara setelah tahu Korea akan jadi lawan di final. "Tidak ada pilihan, karena China akan kembali jadi pemenang," ujarnya.

Namun setelah hasil di final ini, Li Yongbo mulai berdalih. Menurutnya, China lebih fokus untuk menghadapi Olimpiade London 2012.

"Mereka memang tidak memenangi Piala Uber, tetapi itu bukan hal yang buruk, karena fokus utama kami adalah menghadapi Olimpiade 2012 di London.

"Berikan juga kesempatan kepada negara lain untuk menjadi juara Piala Uber, sehingga akan lebih bagus. Karena, pasti membosankan jika China selalu menjadi juara dan kami ingin membiarkan negara lain memiliki kesempatan menang."

source: www.kompas.com

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I just wanna commenting during the UBER loss,before they lost the final match,i can see LYB's face,n that surely means something,something that isn't really fit into what he said during the interview."It's just we're more focused on 2012 london".Come on..:D

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Some of German players ( including Marc Zwibler) were off to BALI this morning

10. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Peru players love watching high quality badminton everyday...

11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Media loves LYB because his comments are quite interesting or provocatives...some media view him as arrogant but so far LYB has done a good job for China ...for some reason LYB never ( so far) says provocatives thing about INA..may be some of his SIFUs are from INA and even FHF is half INA....hahaha...
    Even Rexy or Atik ( coach for India) said that INA players are not united or not harmony .etc..but INA still goes to final of TC....

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Probably Li YongBo is more focused in Malaysian Team rather Indonesia since Malaysia is the host and the talks about LCW and LinDan etc..

And also LYB dont see Ina as a threat like what happened to Korea vs China in Uber Cup.

If INA wins Thomas Cup tomorrow. It would be a disaster for LYB.

13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

seriously, when was LCW played well in a big t'ment? i've came to a conclusion that he is not made for it. its not that many majors before he retire.

14. winnie

winnie Regular Member

i noticed that the western players will touch their bottom of their shoe after they lose points.. what is that suppose to mean?? some believe that it will swith the bad lucks to good 1?? i noticed tine rasmussen did that before.. n this time in TC/UC, some of the danes n german players did the same things! can some 1 please enlighten me?? thanks ;)

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

The all england 2010:D

16. amsads

amsads Regular Member

Lin Dan said LCW is the only player where he cracked his 100% focus on creating strategies to beat him. Since LCW's game is hard to read, he had to dig deep into getting from the best of LCW and then come out with the winner/s. This is just 1 side, take note that LD is not at his best on recent tournaments in this year. He has his mind all focused on LCW. He said he had reach such a stage where badminton can be so easy for him to beat his opponents. He wants challenges and the fact that at his level he still loose to LCW so he has every reason to be stronger and be the best to beat LCW on LCW's home ground.

This is just Thomas Cup, wait later of the year, World Championship, Asian Games and see to it with your own eyes that LCW can be the true champion.

And by the way, you don't have to agree with me if your standpoint is rather opposite of mine. Think what you may. Don't you aware that LCW can easily beat anybody accept LD? Without LD, LCW is in full dominance, seen in last year and this year alone. What you think? Don't you aware that LD can easily loose to players like BCL, CJ, Peter, or even players from Korea or India, but just does not stand any chance to loose to LCW, and that he always wins against LCW? Get what I mean? Go back to history, study his games and you will know what I mean.

17. volcom

volcom Regular Member

LD can easily lose to any other player ? lol that is news to anybody that follows badminton.

How many times did he let CJ win? lol.
    He knows when to peak for important tournaments unlike before where he wins many meaningless opens but lose to Taufik in the finals.
    The only person that has a good h2h with LD was Chen Hong.

He lost to Peter Gade for the first time since 2006? When did he lose to an Indian?

Back up your baseless facts please.
    LCW lost to CL, JOJ and beaten twice embarrasingly by Sony in the world championships and also, and nearly choked against Tago at AE.

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    when he strips his shirt and ready to throw it but held back. He's ready to dance more but he held back. Why? he is generous, he think he have hurt lcw and MAS bolehers enough for the night. Anymore showmanship u guys will cry arrogant this and that. On the fist pumping, i told him to do that:p

19. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

not quite, that young korean guy (world 200 or something) still hold a 100% record against LD. dont know where he is now, even LD would like to set the record straight he needs to find him first.

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    small print: with the help of line judge and LD exiting early:D