Malaysia Team : I'm proud of you.

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by undeadshot, May 14, 2010.

1. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

When it comes to OG2008 Final and TC2010, can I say that LCW did better in OG2008 than TC2010? Or shall I say that LD played better in TC2010 than OG2008? Either way, LD is miles ahead of LCW.

Swallow that...

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Swallowing.......gulp gurgle....gulp.:D

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

4. Maximum

Maximum Regular Member

student
    i SALUTE you... *clap* *clap* *clap*

5. hot-turtle

hot-turtle Regular Member

Originally Posted by hot-turtle [​IMG]
    Many have asked me how come my prediction came true ?

There are major flaws in his game that any player can see aceept Misbun. And he did the same mistakes over and over again, I pity him and if I couldn't write to him personally otherwise I would offer my suggestions , sorry la so BC is the only place I hope someone could highlight to him follwoing points :

I put it simply as :

1. STRATEGY . What LD adopts "smash and tap" approach and LD did that in Olympics and we didn't learn from mistake and suffer the same rpedicatment although to a lesser extend. Hence that why I my prediction came true, its not rocket science, just that I think the coaches either didn't realised or have no clue as to how to counter someone with good anticipation. LCW should not have use his secret weapon for PG match , CHN has video it and watch it 10 times over. Misbun also leak out in the press that he has secret weapon agaisnt LD, and if you are LD's coach you'd like to find out what's the secret is ; so why tell the press in the first place. Pride??

2. ATTACKING GAME . LCW has a very kind/calm personality and not freocious like LD . In modern day play "attacking is the best defence ", stroke play used to be an art during Han Jian/ZHao/Morten/Lim Siew King; times time but modern badminton is about power , techniques, stamina and mind power. Hence when you have a coach like Misbun who plays stroke and defense and never evolves in mindset - its not rocket science why I was right in predicting that LCW's defeat. Basically he is not smashing which is greatest asset.:crying: and Misbun is not out there to tell him during that match. I feel sorry for LCW , he has the right element but not a suitable coach for modern day attacking game scenario.

3. SURPRISE ELEMENT . I was waiting for his "special" weapon to be demonstrated and it turned out to be just a cross court net that he use for PG. LD must have video LCW vs PG game and must have analysed it 10-20 times , and its no surprise that the counter attack works.

4. OVERCOME LD . To over come this guy is not easy as he is good in all faculties but LCW is as good as LD in allthese aspect , except ANTICIPATION.
    Antidode for ANTICIPATION is SURPRISES , but cross court net is high school stuff and dangerous if opponent reads your game well. Instead LCW should do mix sideline /baseline/ Cross Court half smashes which he is good at (misbun invented it in 90s) and target LD back hand to anticipate poor return or defendesive returns and allowas LCW to attack and mix it with your cross court net , should do the job.

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Not only LD,...the Coaches plays their role well too here...they are always a step ahead off other team in strategies their play and really good in their game plan.....as a whole, even before tournament started.

7. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I agree with ur analysis... I guess u r quite a good player as well... My analysis is that LCW should avoid cross-court net (fanciful but not practical against LD). Many times, LCW was caught with his cross-court net (see the video urself).

LCW has weaker anticipation compare to LD... that's the crucial factor but I dont know how LCW can improve on this. I guess it's nature talent... any suggestion?

8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

so do I, well said.

9. george@chongwei

LD is a wrist shot player imo.. his wrist is very powerful.. lcw should stop giving shot to LD's right hand side behind.. LD's overhead wrist power shot is unpredictable and powerful enough.. Dunno why misbun or Chong wei didn't realise this for a long time.. someone should have told them,.

10. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Why dont you go tell them, George...:p

11. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Agree... LD's overhead shots are very sharp, unpredictable, and most importantly, deadly. He can "bend like Beckham"... really...

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I agree.He has a powerful and unpredictable right overhead shot which catches LCW all the time. The only reason why I think LCW still plays to that side is because he has no choice. LCW is too scared to engage LD on low body shots, which I think he has a better chance of winning.

LCW needs to play deep all the time as LD loses patience with long rallies. Instead we find LCW losing patience instead.

I wish I have one formula that can beat LD. It is not easy as he has a plethora of strokes that he can call on. LCW lacks LD's superior mind - LD is so agile and so quick in his thinking. He intimidates LCW all the time.

13. george@chongwei

IF u watch back the swiss open final 2009 lcw vs ld.. Lcw didn't gave so much shot to LD's right hand side behind and it works though!

Just watch back ... besides LCW played a slow game with him.

This is what i noticed.

14. george@chongwei

Will they hear us, rakyat?:rolleyes::D

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

just wonder what you guys are so proud of? only lost to JAP by 3-2 and not any worst or lost to CHN by 3-0 (and 6-0 in games) and not any worst? ermm.. you cant actually got any worst, can you? my mistake.

16. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I want to be WINNERS... but our Msia Thomas Cupper even though they are losers GO HOME TO "F**K" THEIR PROM QUEENS... so this QUOTE doesn't really apply la...

17. george@chongwei

For me, sorry. the answer is NO;)

18. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    Lol, u've got a point but that sentence was the exact excerpt from the film and as a reference only. Furthermore, I'm sorry it could not be edited by me anymore...no hard feelings.:D

Yo, any singles session this week? Do contact me ya.;)

19. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Sure they hear, under the spirit of ' 1 Malaysia - Rakyat didahulukan, Pencapaian diutamakan'.....;) mah!

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if that is true
    will they lost in sibu?
    and lost in tc semi final?;)
    uc quater final?;)